Rank/Advice on My Surgeons

I had 2 Bosley surgeries in the early 2000's (1150 and 1250 grafts) and I'm looking for recommendations to get good results this time.

My job requires close contact with staff and patients. I don't think shaving is an option for me at this point. I blocked a 17-day period in my schedule this Fall for the procedure/recovery.

I've researched this site pretty thoroughly and have narrowed my list to these docs. Is there anything that would make one of these docs a superior choice in your opinion? Results? Technique? Cost? Experience? Any other docs to consider?

-Dr. Ron Shapiro

-Dr. Raymond Konior

-Dr. Scott Alexander

-Dr. Robert True

-Dr. Robert Dorin

-Dr. Bill Reed

Dont lose hope buddy, Me too i lost this much grafts in failure HT procedures. But however if you want my advice..

Dr Rahal from Ottawa Canada.. Five advantages you would get.. 1) Denisty, 2) Hairline Design, 3) Price (rate), 4) Technique (Lateral Slit+Tri closure of the scar to make it almost invisible), 5) Direct contact to Dr.

I myself going to do a repair with him after researching in this forum for about a year after looking at his outstanding results posted and continious feedbacks without any complains. Although im overseas and located in the Middle East but it worth it to me travelling all the way there to do something once in a lifetime.

But if you are looking for someone in USA, he is actually in your list,

Ron Shapiro...

Any more inquiries you can contact me. Wish you all the best in your choice and after all make sure that any doctor you would go for is a coalition member.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Your list is basically the way I would list them. Dr. Shapiro also gives a slight discount for travelling to him from out of state.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Im a huge fan of Dr. Konior...the reason I picked him is he does most, if not all the grafting himself! Also, he is a plastic surgeon and I think that gives him an artistic edge. He has answered everyone one of my questions and concerns personally by email or phone! Im sure you cant go wrong with any of the ones you listed. Konior was an easy choice for me though!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Great list! We are all partial to our Doc's especially if we are happy with them.

That's going to be a tough choice that you will need to narrow down to the one that most fits your criteria for a HT. IE: Hairline, crown work or both, location of clinic, shave or not, Staples or sutures, etc...

Being 3 days out from my second procrdure with Dr. Alexander I highly recommend him as he is a talented surgeon who is extremely ethical. I trust him 100%.

Good luck moving foward & feel free to contact me.

Atomic

Edited by Atomic
mispell

Thanks for the replies- I've been researching more of Rahal's work and will continue researching the docs I listed. The order I listed them above is the ranking order at this time.

I'm leaning towards Shapiro/Konior/possibly Rahal at this point. I will probably do consultations with all of them.

Any other opinions or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks-