not many scabs formed 48 hrs after HT

Hey guys

I am almost likely suffering from those post nerves after HT (its day 2). Still holed up in my hotel room waiting to return to London on Sunday and am very much looking forward to being around friends and family etc.

I have noticed that i do not have a great deal of scabs in my recipient area and it still looks pretty clean so my concern is that i am afraid to start to follow docs instructions for day 3 which is tomorrow and gently begin to dab on shampoo and rinse from a cup ( gently being the operative word here) in fear of harming the grafts as from what i believe the scabs are natures way of protecting the incision sights and without a great deal of scabs present in this area i am afraid any rinsing etc would damage the grafts as they do not have the protection of a scab therfore making them more vunreable to any rinsing etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated . I realise that many different docs/patients have there opinion on what day shampooing/rinsing should begin from . My instructions from Dr Hassons office is to begin the process of gently rinsing/shampooing on day 3. I have 100% belief in Dr Hasson and his staff and my concern is only regarding there not being enough scabs to protect the grafts.

I dont want to open a debate on what day shampooing should take place.

Thanks guys and i guess its occasions like this when support from fellow patients comes into play.

Edited by ukpaitent

Hang in there bro, I know how you're feeling. The key as you say is dabbing very lightly when touching the graft area. When rinsing if you pour the water from the cup over your hand and let the water run between your fingers, you should be fine. It will take more pressure than that to dislodge a graft at day 3. What type of shampoo will you be using?

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Hey Buddy

Thanks for your reply much aprreciated. Out of touch with the human race in this hotel !!! i will be using special shampoo given to me by Dr Hasson ( non medicated) . Thanks for tip for rinsing. I guess everyone goes through this stage of fear of loosing grafts i think when you have lost any hair through MPB you want to protect any grafts like they are your family :)... did you have same concern regarding having not many scabs?

ukpaitent,

In my opinion, you can't go wrong by erring on the side of caution. Just continue to be gentle. It's perfectly okay to mix shampoo into the water and pour on gently then rinse with clean water the same way. You can do this for a few more days if you are concerned about touching the recipient area. The important part is just keeping everything clean.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

ukpatient,

Here's a pic of my head I took 2 days post-op from a 4496 graft surgery with Dr. Hasson.

As you can see, not many scabs (if any) had formed. The work is so clean at the H & W clinic that healing was super fast and the grafts just started to grow right away for me.

Just follow the advice on that sheet and try not to stress and be overly cautious which may actually be counterproductive.

You picked day #3 to fly home which IMO was your first mistake; not because your grafts will get damaged, but because on day 3 the swelling starts and if it's bad then you will look (and feel) very strange and just want to be at home in bed.

Hey guys

I am almost likely suffering from those post nerves after HT (its day 2). Still holed up in my hotel room waiting to return to London on Sunday and am very much looking forward to being around friends and family etc.

I have noticed that i do not have a great deal of scabs in my recipient area and it still looks pretty clean so my concern is that i am afraid to start to follow docs instructions for day 3 which is tomorrow and gently begin to dab on shampoo and rinse from a cup ( gently being the operative word here) in fear of harming the grafts as from what i believe the scabs are natures way of protecting the incision sights and without a great deal of scabs present in this area i am afraid any rinsing etc would damage the grafts as they do not have the protection of a scab therfore making them more vunreable to any rinsing etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated . I realise that many different docs/patients have there opinion on what day shampooing/rinsing should begin from . My instructions from Dr Hassons office is to begin the process of gently rinsing/shampooing on day 3. I have 100% belief in Dr Hasson and his staff and my concern is only regarding there not being enough scabs to protect the grafts.

I dont want to open a debate on what day shampooing should take place.

Thanks guys and i guess its occasions like this when support from fellow patients comes into play.

5b32cc818d401_ESday212.jpg.0033387b855337819a53b400e1509a58.jpg

ukpatient,

Here's a pic of my head I took 2 days post-op from a 4496 graft surgery with Dr. Hasson.

As you can see, not many scabs (if any) had formed. The work is so clean at the H & W clinic that healing was super fast and the grafts just started to grow right away for me.

Just follow the advice on that sheet and try not to stress and be overly cautious which may actually be counterproductive.

You picked day #3 to fly home which IMO was your first mistake; not because your grafts will get damaged, but because on day 3 the swelling starts and if it's bad then you will look (and feel) very strange and just want to be at home in bed.

Hi thanks for your reply. I fly home on sunday but to be honest i am cool about swelling or how i look as it is what it is and if people want to stare at the airport then they are welcome i am too happy to care about other people staring !! your grafts looked very nice and clean also what stage are you at now?

Thanks

Edited by ukpaitent

just remember everyones physiology is different and some people scab up a lot some people very little. I personally didn't have hardly any scabs at all and also my new grafts never even shed out! The grafts are pretty well locked in after 24 hours and certainly by day 3 they won;t fall out with just mild washing with a cup etc .

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

Hi thanks for your reply. I fly home on sunday but to be honest i am cool about swelling or how i look as it is what it is and if people want to stare at the airport then they are welcome i am too happy to care about other people staring !! your grafts looked very nice and clean also what stage are you at now?

Thanks

If your swelling is significant it'll be sort of like wearing a mask anyway, so think of it as a disguise. :D

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com