Had surgery w. Dr. pong

jimmybald

Thanks for the update I have not heard of Dr. Ping. Good luck I hope it all works out.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Jimmy,

Congratulations on your hair transplant procedure. I'm glad to hear you're healing well, and I hope you'll continue to keep us updated. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

jimmybald,

Thanks for taking the time to update us on your progress thus far. It think your new hairline is going to look great. I look forward to your continued updates.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 months later...

Dr. Pong of Thai Hair Clinic from Chiangmai is the biggest competitor to Dr. Path in hair restoration field in Thailand. I may say locally, he is the number one choice in Thailand, thats what I found out when I visited Thailand last year and started asking about HT doctors.

Dr. Pong work and prices are excellent plus he has this clause in his website

"GUARANTEED RESULTS We take great pride in our work and strive to ensure patients complete satisfactions with their hair transplant results. We assure all of our patients that each grafted hair will grow in otherwise it will be replaced FREE OF CHARGE on their next hair transplant sessions. "

How about that? :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I will post picks at the 6 month mark, a little over a month from now. As of now I am very happy with my right side but my left side is severely lacking behind. I am concerned that it can't possibly catch up. There are no new hairs sprouting and looks about the same as it did at 3 and 1/2 moths to be honest. See you at 6 months

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

From the pictures, which aren't the greatest quality, your hairline looks really good. Huge difference from before pictures. I cannot see the difference in density between both temple regions due to the quality of the photographs.

About the crown: I personally never cared about the crown at all....I mean nobody looking at your face in person or pictures is ever going to see it. Just use the meds if you can tolerate them well. If you are experiencing no sides from the finasteride and you have tried it for 1-2 years and are still losing ground, then consider going back to your doctor and asking for dutasteride/Avodart. There are natural balding patterns that start from the crown and work toward the hairline so if you only were to transplant the frontal 1/2 to 2/3 it would still look natural.

Personally I would attack the crown next...however that's just me personally. It really is down to you and how you feel about it. If you don't like it change it :) I think with the Fin and Minox it should be nice, stable and full within a year or so. I would try out the meds first and then assess your situation next year this time.

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

jimmy,

This is a tough call. Do you feel that finasteride and minoxidil have effectively stabilized your hair loss? I'd be a lot more confident about addressing the crown if you were about 10 years older.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the few replies I did receive.

I would really like to fix the crown but I am concerned about the future as will all know what could possibly happen. Sometimes I think I should just be satisfied with my front looking alright and try to forget about the back for now. Easier said than done.

I'm not sure the hair has stabalized or not, and I'm not really sure how to tell. It hasn't gotten any worse from the inital loss I had before I started treatments. Actually it got better only to go back to baseline and then better again.. and now, once again ,worse, where it is now... confusing I know

I still lose quite a bit of hair when washing and brushing so maybe it hasn't stabalized.. but I've heard time and again that you shouldn't count hairs.. it could be normal shedding and so on..

Anyways I'm rambling, I'm just really at a loss on what to do at this point..

Edited by jimmybald