Members results using HGH after a transplant

Thanks for the props Johnny B, I hope my experiences with HGH/HT will serve to illuminate/educate anyone who is interested in a topic with seemingly little openness or info about it.

My HGH dosage does increase my test levels to a normal range for a 35 year old man (I am 57 ) but I can honestly state that any resulting increase in DHT has not been the reason for my HT as I was thinning BEFORE I began my HGH protocol; in fact the HGH has thickened my hair shafts and increased density over my entire scalp, even in the frontal portion of my scalp where I had my HT. The increase of hairs were not enough to satisfy me, however, hence the decision for the HT. My experience is that the effects of the HGH on my hair growth have overwhelmed any deleterious effects of DHT (if any). I wish to stress that my experience with my HGH protocol is uniquely mine and I am NOT advocating nor discouraging anyone from investigating hormone replacement for themselves any more than I would advocate or discourage anyone from investigating having a HT...these are personal decisions we are all free to make for our own benefit. And we are all intelligent adults, nest pas?

• Like 1

Please, keep us updated on your progress.

I just started taking HGH for anti-aging, and I am looking to get a transplant this summer. I have a very vested interested in this thread. Any pictures would also be great, but I understand for privacy reasons why you would refrain from posting pictures.

Thank you!

Good for you, Dogg! You obviously did your research before embarking on your HGH therapy. R U injecting & if so, how many IU's/day? What is your injection schedule like? I hope u r under a physician's guidance, getting regular blood panel work done to monitor your progress. R u also doing HRT w/test & DHEA? Depends on your blood panel levels if u need to or not.

I would recommend taking melatonin(another hormone available at ANY health food store) before bedtime to aid in unbelievable sleep, which will also increase your endogenous HGH secretion while u sleep. I personally (at the advice from an old HGH pro) take 1.5 mg of melatonin right before bedtime with a packet of AGELESS secretagogue mixed in water to produce my own optimal amount of endogenous HGH while I sleep; I inject 1 IU in the morning upon arising so I get TWO beneficial dosages of HGH/day. I started this regimen 3 m onths ago & my body composition has changed dramatically; fat melting away and lean muscle mass appearing before my eyes! I am getting totally ripped w/six pack abs...remember I am 57 years old.

Stay with it, Dogg, and remember 1/2 your results are DIET (especially if u r resistance training).

MY BEST WISHES TO YOU!

GHIF,

Have not started injecting yet. Will start 2IU / day, may ramp up to 3.3IU / day if no sides are evident. I am going to start after I see an endocrinologist; however, I am not going to be under a physician's guidance, per se.

I am in very good shape already, 6 pack, etc. I am not using it for body building (even though it will be a nice side effect :D ); I am most using it for anti-aging.

The wound healing enhancement of HGH is well documented; thus, my particular interest in your hair transplant journey.

Cheers!

P.S. May I ask when you started seeing results in your skin after starting to inject HGH?

Yes, I started seeing fine lines diminish within one month around eyes, and deeper wrinkles on forehead reduced dramatically within 3 months. This is probably due to the skin's rehydration. Another nice thing was the firming of the jowls/neck that occurred within 6 months or so. I augmented my facial tone/firming with DMAE supplements, which also benefits the brain. I read that HGH maximizes the properties of whatever supplements you are taking since your metabolism is more efficient.

Of particular interest is the fact that after about 2 months I developed a royal sense of calmness, even in the face of stress or adversity; problems simply become something you reason through, diligently searching for a solution instead of becoming overwhelmed by the problem/circumstance at hand. My anxiety was greatly reduced.

May I ask your age? You will find HGH phenomenal as an anti-aging protocol.

I am 29. I have stopped my hairloss with propecia and minox, NW2 at the moment, so just looking to rebuild the hairline. HGH from what I have researched is great if you don't have history of cancer in your family and if you are take low dosage. The benefits are too great to be ignored, as you have found out!

I'm taking 260 mg AM & 260 mg PM. Helps my focus & short term memory as well it seems, plus definitely firming the face muscles. Great books to read about all these supplements is anything by Dr. Nicholas Perricone. I also endorse Suzanne Sommer's "Ageless" & "Breakthrough", they really dig into the details of all nutriceuticals that are potentially beneficial to a natural anti-aging, healthy lifestyle, including diet & exercise. IMO...:D

How u been, Rhino?

I also believe the combo of HGH & supplements should aid in the reduction of shock loss if they are taken in advance of the actual HT itself. I have personally experienced very little shock loss (thankfully) & have observed many hairs regrowing in the very front of my hairline (where I was the thinnest) that are thicker shafts, leading me to surmise that these are my "indigenous hairs" regrowing that were lost due to shock loss. The transplanted hair grafts that are sprouting are MUCH THINNER, blonder and accompanied by pimples prior to their eruption. For what it's worth...

Here's a recent email I received from Bosley's:

"This is your one month update in our after care series as we follow the progress of your hair restoration.

Read below to assess how you are doing.

1 Month Update

MY SCALP

Your donor area may still be sore and itching may still be present. This is a normal part of the healing process. By this point any crusts in your transplanted area should be gone. If any crusts remain, continue to gently massage your scalp to encourage the crusts to fall off.

MY HAIR GROWTH

New growth takes 4 to 5 months to appear. Do not be discouraged, in a few months time your new hair will begin to appear.

MY ACTIVITIES

You should be able to perform your full exercise routine. If you wish to get a haircut, perm or color your hair or wear a hair piece during this transition period, you may do so."

:D My Response to this email: LOL...my crusts were COMPLETELY GONE by Day 7...NO soreness or itching for 10 days now...I have and continue to experience NEW HAIR GROWTH since Day 14 post HT! Judging by where Bosley thinks I should be progress-wise, I am definitely AHEAD of the curve, and obviously this is due to my usage of HGH pre and post HT procedure (plus the selective nutriceuticals I am taking, which augment the HGH synergistically). I state this because I have researched this excellent site & have not read of anyone with results even close to what I have been blessed to have experienced. Instead I constantly read about good peeps who r freaked out and worried because little to no hair growth has occurred at 3,4,5 months post-op in most cases (and require recurring reassurance that all is well with their normal, predictable course of healing & progress hair growth -wise).

Time for my Update:

Recall that I am off-cycle from my HGH injections & secretagogues for one full week now & have decided to extend resting phase one more week due to excellent results this past week.

DAY 37 POST HT:

Eyebrows: DRAMATIC growth of single follicle hairs on the OUTSIDE of my left brow (where I was quite thin), able to count 15 new hairs this morning. INSIDE left brow continues to sprout and I had to actually trim several hairs to bring them in line with my existing eyebrow hairs.

RIGHT EYEBROW, inner portion exhibits some new growth but prior new growth is thickening & has also required trimming! OUTER RIGHT BROW exhibits some new growth, but not like left brow. Not at all concerned about it...

SCALP RECIPIENT AREA:

Popping on average 1-2 small pimples/day throughout entire recipient area, followed by new hair growth at that site 2 days later. With the aid of a "SURE-FIRE" high powered flashlight (the BEST combat/home usage flashlight available on the market -just ask US Special Forces) and my naked eye I am noticing what I can only describe as a blanket of very small, thin, short blonde hairs emerging from my scalp throughout the entire recipient area! I cannot even begin to count these hairs. I will be curious how quickly they grow out to a longer length this next "resting week". I will report on this specifically to everyone after this next "resting week".

My temples are sprouting as well, but NOT accompanied by pimples...perhaps because only single follicle grafts were placed in my temples (I asked a lot of questions before during and after my HT). My eyebrows have lacked pimples as well, consistent with my temples/single hair grafts.

I'm certain my HT surgeon will be stunned at my 6 month follow-up visit! We'll see how intense her medical curiosity really is after examing me at the 6 month point...:P

Hope every one had a most pleasant weekend!

• Like 1

I am going to take some pics with a friend's camera this weekend and try to zoom in tight, then crop the photos with iPhoto which should also enlarge the remaining area...not sure how this will affect the resolution, but it's certainly worth the try. I tried this with my olde school camera and the Rez was blurry.

I agree Topdogg, from everything I have read on this site my current hair growth is what you would expect at 4 -5 months. I am still getting 2 pimples/day during my final resting week which always are accompanied by new hairs sprouting from these sites the next day or so.I conclude this "jump starting" of hair growth is a consequence of my personal HGH/neutriceutical protocols. I can't wait to see my progress during Month Two, which I am now midway through.:P

Doesn't HGH raise Testosterone, which can be counterproductive in the battle against hair loss?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Yes, HGH does help to raise test in men to a certain extent, which is HEALTHY :D, since men require test as they age or they become decrepit with all the maladies associated with andropause. In my case the elevation of test from HGH did not cause any hair loss at all, in fact I grew new hairs in my frontal zone but not enough to satisfy my desires after two years of HGH usage, hence the HT procedure. The HGH gave me a thicker, healthier, faster growing head of hair without any additional hair loss.

If someone contemplating HGH usage for themselves was concerned with increased test/ DHT levels, then perhaps utilizing the DHT blocking drugs would be a good adjunct therapy for them, especially if they are already losing their hair and using these drugs as a result.

I personally use saw palmetto for this purpose and have been satisfied with my own results, though everyone is unique. Certainly I'd consult with a qualified physician first.

EXCELLENT observation, RC. ;)

DAY 45 POST-HT UPDATE:

I just finished my two week resting phase of my HGH protocol and I believe this rest aided in my post-HT progress as I continued to sprout new hairs and the existing ones have lengthened and darkened as well. I popped on average two pimples/day during the resting phase which were accompanied by new hairs sprouting from these sites within a day or two. Today I popped two pimples in my frontal hairline and I just noticed another pimple forming on the left side of the recipient area; it will probably pop tomorrow morning after my warm shower.

My eyebrows continued to sprout new single hairs both inner and outer portions of both eyebrows, with the older hairs starting to lengthen and darken now.

My donor site and recipient areas are no longer numb nor do they itch, which is good because it is an odd feeling trying to scratch a numb area!! Kinda bizarre, glad to have that done with...

I've posted a pre-HT photo that shows WHY I wanted to have my HT done in the first place; despite numerous attempts with several cameras I cannot obtain a good, detailed photo with adequate resolution to show the new growth on my recipient area. :confused: I remain undaunted and will continue my attempts to overcome this challenge, just wait and see!

Happy Healing one and all! :D

DSCF1928.jpg.8aa2a3c7098b50d5d3f85db30ac86c52.jpg

• Like 1

First off I want to give a "Happy Healing" shout out to our friend Troy Polamu who is at Day 3 post HT and is looking like a bitchin rock star from Mars already! Hey buddy!...WINNING:D Looking forward to your progress reports killer! Stay positive & in the happy mind set zone and watch those frisky fuzzies begin to sprout before your freakin eyes!

DAY 51 POST HT:

This past Monday I resumed my 1 iu HGH injections/day every morning and Ageless secretagogues at bedtime after a two week resting phase, 5 days "on" and this weekend "off". I also began taking 5000 mcg of biotin on Monday as well after a 30 day rest from taking it due to running out and forgetting to buy some more. My recipient area LOVED IT and the existing transplanted hairs took off in growth and new hairs began to sprout around my existing frontal hairline on Wednesday (3 days after taking the biotin again). This is very vigorous new growth accompanied by the usual suspects that need popping (2/day) with new hairs appearing a day or two later at the pimples site...awesome!

My left temple area (which received 150 grafts) has TWO dime sized swollen areas for two days now...the last time I experienced swelling like this on my temple it was followed by the eruption of many, many new single hairs! But nothing like these new swollen areas in size...WOW, this should be interesting! Can't wait to see!

BOTH Eyebrows continue to sprout new hairs both inside and outside. The initial hairs are thickening, darkening and growing longer as well. This will be a fantastic outcome I'm sure already.

To quote Derek and the Dominoes: KEEP ON GROWING....;)

DAY 57 POST HT UPDATE:

Finally bought a camera with a "macro" setting & want to give my wife a shout out :P for reading the manual and taking the following pics:

The frontal pic really shows the new HT hairs growing on the FRONT RIGHT SIDE the best; they appear darker than the native hairs. The sparse area in the very middle is filling in now as the shock loss native hairs are starting to regrow again (in addition to some HT young hairs), but the RIGHT SIDE is growing faster than the LEFT SIDE as the side profile pics reveal. You can see the discoloration from the popped pimples on both sides of the side profile pics. The new HT hairs appear to be the thickest around the pre-HT hairline , though many lighter , shorter blonde hairs are appearing throughout the recipient areas.

I have experienced amazing growth this week on my left temple where a cluster of FOUR swollen pimples appeared for several days then popped all on one day, revealing many new shorter blonde hairs on my left temple area; my left temple is growing faster than my right temple - unlike my hairline!

EYEBROWS - still growing inside and outside on both eyebrows. I'll post photos very soon with my wife's new found photographic abilities. Basically you can see fuller eyebrows with the naked eye now...my wife confirms this as well (she's basically the only other person who knows I have underwent this HT procedure).

Thanks & Praises to one & all! ;)

PICT0042.jpg.db18c9b88c841e4e40a80b5b39f1312b.jpg

PICT0043.jpg.b8899625c6bf0a9a9155c1abf70cfd29.jpg

PICT0044.jpg.ea79f07b2d9250e0c0953ce429e0e3ff.jpg

• 10 months later...
:) Hello, its been a while since I last posted (March 2011 to be exact), but I wanted to post the results of my HT performed on January 21, 2011. I am VERY PLEASED with the 2300 grafts transplanted between my eyebrows, temples & hairline. As you can see, my usage of HGH did not negatively affect the outcome of the HT; I observed that the transplanted hairs came in QUICKER & FULLER than the norm. I basically had this same hairline at 7 months, however there was some additional new growth & thickening of hair shafts up until the one year mark as these photos attest. I am especially pleased with my new, thicker eyebrows :D

PICT0043.jpg.72e6f25a368ce4a582eba708ac107e12.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg.63a1ab0a65d3bb353f39d53a36da8206.jpg

Edited by GotHairInFront

I wanted to provide a better pic of the front hairline, so here we go ;)

Obviously a BIG difference from what I was sporting on my dome just a year ago! Factually I pretty much had this hairline after 7 months (in August 2011) which was great for swimming in the ocean in Mexico...getting out & combing my hair...a great feeling, right?

IMG_0590.jpg.f07990afc67fa2fabe38f6397b3fe602.jpg

Edited by GotHairInFront
  • Like 1

Found a pic that gives a mirror reflection of the back/side view...this is also right at 1 year post HT.

I want to thicken the hairline at the front & also add some more temple "peaks"; there may be some wisdom in "filling-in" on the top of my head behind my hairline in the event of more gradual hair loss; I may also add just a few more eyebrow grafts to achieve "perfection". At my 1 year visit to Doc she suggested that 1200 more FUT's would achieve optimal results w/out needing to come back again later for more; Doc also stated I had plenty of donor site for as much as I would ever need (Thank God). Seriously considering this 2nd HT end of this March...

I would appreciate input/feedback from anyone who has had a 2nd HT as to their level of satisfaction after the 2nd HT procedure...Thanks!:)

IMG_0576.jpg.8827b6398d900c2b6ba20aac1c2e72e1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Today I had a consultation with the doc who performed my 1st HT last January, 2011 (2367 grafts) & we discussed what I wanted to achieve this second go round:

- The surgeon will now add 75 singles to left eyebrow, 50 singles to right eyebrow (I want full look), no unibrow however LOL

-150 singles per temple peak (for a nice pronounced effect)

- 1375 grafts to pack density into front hairline & behind as well to compensate for eventual hair loss further back on top of head, though doc doesn't feel I'll lose much more hair going forward, I'm pretty much stabilizing as a Norwood 3A (whew!) :P

This is a total of 1800 grafts. My donor site is sufficient for this second HT & doc feels this should be last HT I will ever need due to my type of balding pattern (again Norwood 3A).

Put my deposit down & am scheduled for Friday April 13th. I will begin my supplements schedule immediately to prepare my scalp for the trauma to come & to ensure rapid healing & growth of transplanted hairs. Yippee, here we go again!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

For any one interested there is an excellent article on hormone replacement to treat andropause in men in the current April 2012 U.S. edition of Esquire magazine, beginning on page 106. Various doctors with varying opinions on the subject of male hormone replacement (utilizing bioidentical testosterone & HGH) are intelligently presented in what I regard as an honest, factually presented piece. The benefits of testosterone & HGH as wound healing agents & growth factors for muscle, bone, hair & protein synthesis are spelled out quite clearly. This is a must read for anyone curious about this somewhat controversial medical topic; the article also discusses the abuse of these hormones by pro athletes who are NOT using test/HGH for replacement purposes but rather as performance enhancing substances.

I'm sure the fine minds on this site will enjoy reading this fascinating article. Hope your respective days are filled with happiness, healing & hope!

• Like 1