I just saw a picture of a scalp with the strip cut out.

Fante

Going to go vomit now...

Seriously, anyone considering an HT should look at a photo of this so they know exactly what's being done to them. I realize the results can be amazing and the scar is often undetectable. But still, wow... I feel sick.

Earlier today, I had an appointment with a coalition Doctor and this got brought up during our talks.

Dr. Lindsey is the only one I've seen post these pics. While its great to show ALL the steps of the process. I honestly think that one could be left out. Its a bit gruesome and could likely scare some people away.

You could say the same thing about nearly every kind of surgery -- everything from appendectomies to nose jobs can look just as gruesome, if not more so. You need to focus on the result, not the process.

It's kinda hard to ignore it when the picture is on the front page of the forum. Nasal surgeons usually don't post pictures of their work in progress with the collumella cut and the nose pulled up. If you want to see what that looks like you can easily find it, but I don't see any point in showing graphic pictures like that.

Human beings can look very good on the outside, but our interiors aren't nice to look at. Even without seeing photos I think we all know that we don't want to see what's going on back there, and thankfully it's just the doctor and their staff who have to.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Nasal surgeons usually don't post pictures of their work in progress with the collumella cut and the nose pulled up.

But the point was that the original poster in this thread said "anyone considering an HT should look at a photo of this so they know exactly what's being done to them." If that applies to HTs, then it should apply to all other forms of surgery as well.

thats why it is called "surgery".

Focus on the results.

This will surely scare people away from getting this type of surgery. I know if I just started to search for this and a picture of that popped up, I would have rather stayed bald haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Its true, I may be the only one to post the strip, the defect, the 2 layered closure, and a fair number of scars. I personally think of it as part of the informed consent process and everyone who has a consult with me at my office sees at least one and often 2 or more photo journey stories of what happens preop, intraop, postop and I try to show a range of MY scar results. And I try to get the patient to see an actual procedure underway so that they will know that I'm telling the truth about everything from injection pain to the chit/chat the intraop patient has with the placers. If I were signing up for something, that is what I'd want to see and understand. Not everyone agrees, and I respect that. I personally hate surprises and I don't want the patient to have any surprises either.

As to people posting open noses....as a facial plastic surgeon I'd be happy to post open noses, cheeks, foreheads, eyelids etc; but there aren't any quality face forums to post on. Pat and Bill, and Spencer on his site, really have a nice setup for both patients and doctors to convey information and educate themselves.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

G'day!

This thread is really taking me on a trip down memory lane, reminiscing my first year (and only) at medical school. The first semester was basically lecturing physicians attempting to wean out the faint hearted which was rather a humorous couple of months. Photos upon photos of surgical procedures with great detailed camera work Lol. Surprisingly more males students found this sickening in comparison to females students (I am not sexist, just found it surprising).

I think if you are looking into HT surgery and expect when the Doctor is removing your donor strip that rainbows and bunnies will come jumping out for a hug, you may be mistaken.

*Tongue and cheek

But seriously…

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Interesting. I'd say the girls were tougher in my med school class too. That is why they have babies and we don't; otherwise there would be no humans I suspect.

Dr. L

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I never mind it, most important is the outcome.. HT surgeries are nothing comparing to other cosmetics fr example nose job and how the break the bones with a hammer yuckks.. even if you go to nature, have you seen a baby being born and how get out from the V****A? its scary but the outcome a new life, new hope, ultimate happiness... same goes to HT which thank God a strip we cant see while its performed to us will lead you to a new life, new hope, ultimate happiness and may i see sometimes NEW LOVE ;-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

True, its not best to look at how the strip is removed. There are some nasty videos online that show this and it can turn you away. I've seen the videos and knew what the doctor was doing; however, the valium does help in creating the "care less" effect. Just remember that a poor surgeon can cause nerve damage if not skilled; make sure you choose wisely.