Dr. Pong Chaing Mai Thailand

jimmybald

I just want to grow it long enough so I can flick it out of my eyes haha, then I'll cut it. If you go back in the thread you'll see I was much worse than you so I'd say you'll get even better coverage.............good luck.

I had 2900 hairs transplanted not sure about the amount of grafts altogether. Hopefully when the stitching is removed my forehead will feel a little more relaxed. Feels quite tight at the moment..cheers again for the feedback will post more pics after 4 weeks or so.

Haha, that's the big stitches that hold your head together, I had one removed after a few days because it was so annoying but he doesn't tell you about the dozens of dissolving ones that last for ages, best feeling is when the girls pick all the scabs off and you can run your hand over your head without it feeling like a cheese grater.

Great result so far smithmeister. I saw some shedding but never really lost it all, but you need to be patient until about the 3 month mark, as that is when the growth really starts to show. I'll be heading back to Dr. Pong for round two this year as well. I had just under 3,000 grafts as well. Check my link for photos if you want. So glad I chose Dr. Pong.

Thats some fantastic growth for just 6 months. Given the large areas Dr Pong has managed to cover with relatively few graphs, these results compare well with any of the top clinics in North America and Europe.

Thanks for giving all of us who have tight budgets a hope of getting good HTs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

My first appointment with Dr Pong is within 2 weeks from now. Kind of feeling nervous.

I need advise on propecia. Did you buy them from Dr Pong? Because I heard that in Thailand you can buy cheaper propecia from the Boots pharmacy without prescription. If true, do you know where's the nearest Boots from his clinic?

Hope to hear you soon.

Regards

He can also supply your drugs and will post them to you, yes apparently they are much cheaper in Thailand, don't stress just take a couple of Valium on the day and you'll be right, he and the staff are great and will have you at ease in no time, make sure you post on here how you went.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Dr Pong this week. Like what most of you have shared, he's professional, knowledgeable, considerate and thoughtful. He even prepared head band and head wear for you after ops. And a what-to-do list for reminder. Even my sceptical wife was impressed by his professionalism and thoughtfulness. Most importantly, he has a great loyal team that supports him to provide the best possible treatment.

This was my itinerary:

Day 1: Arrival day. Pre-ops consultation ~2pm. He drew some marking to indicate what he intended to do for me. Later, my wife and I went to spa/massage. It help to me to relax my muscle & body, as the next day ops would last 5-6 hours.

Day 2: Ops day. Dr Pong designed my "new" frontal hairline. The pain level of the ops was about the same as visiting a dentist. Received 2662 grafts. A couple of hours after ops, I felt really painful and terrible. I've to rest inside hotel room. Remember to follow the pain medication as prescribed.

Day 3: Pain subsided. Post ops check-up. Removed bandage and hair wash. Everything went well. And I bought Firide (generic propecia) from him that could last me till the next visit. He even offered to ship them to my country (which cost 3 times more in my country)

Day 4: Hair wash in early morning 0730 and left for airport at 1000 hrs

Dr Pong mentioned that the estimated no. of grafts for my crown area would be around 2000. Looking forward to the next ops to have a full hair coverage :). And I've to start saving up for the next trip in a year time.

Hey, congratulations and great to hear it's all gone so well, you'll be over the moon in about 5 months, it's pretty well established by then and just gets better by the day, I'm at 7 months and can't believe they laid the hairs in the same way they came off the graft so they all follow the same wave pattern, my fringe was always straight when I was younger so 20yrs after losing it it's come back with some style lol.

• 1 month later...
Hi vanman

Tks for all the advice. Luckily, i am more of a "cola" guy than a "beer" person. Lol... Its my 3rd day and still feeling sore at the donor. I am trying to limit the intake of the painkiller; dun wanna depends too much on them.

Seems like dr pong is really a busy surgeon. He even does ht for his patient on a sunday. Btw, when will you be returning to him for your next?

Tarepanda - do you think the fact that Dr Pong does HT even on Sundays will affect his ability to perform during each HT? Not enough rest etc. I just went to see Dr Path and his charges are really very high. Considering flying over to Chiang Mai ( I live in Sg) to visit Dr Pong. Not sure which doctor I should pick for my first HT...

Tarepanda - do you think the fact that Dr Pong does HT even on Sundays will affect his ability to perform during each HT? Not enough rest etc. I just went to see Dr Path and his charges are really very high. Considering flying over to Chiang Mai ( I live in Sg) to visit Dr Pong. Not sure which doctor I should pick for my first HT...

Dr Pong only attend to 1 patient per day. Even he works on sunday, the team still should have sufficient rest. Wonder how much higher is Dr Path's charge? Dr Pong is USD 2 per graft.

I got my first transplant from Dr. Pong 14 months ago. Yesyerday I a second surgery withr DR. Panine(a coalition member.) He said that my transplant was great and that the scar was the best it can possibly be. Have trust in Dr. Pong, I would of probably went back but I'm in the USA now so it's to far to travel even with his lower prices.

Hello Botak - may I know if you were Dr Pong's patient? How did you know such info about him?

I visited Dr Path's clinic last wk. Did not get a chance to meet him, but saw his wife, Dr Oravan instead. She quoted me 85 baht/graft. >.< And double the price for eyebrow transplants.

I got my first transplant from Dr. Pong 14 months ago. Yesyerday I a second surgery withr DR. Panine(a coalition member.) He said that my transplant was great and that the scar was the best it can possibly be. Have trust in Dr. Pong, I would of probably went back but I'm in the USA now so it's to far to travel even with his lower prices.

Hello Jimmy - could you share with me how many grafts you did with Dr Panine, and how much you paid? Thank you!

I'm pretty sure you'll find he's off most Sundays, when I saw him last year he told me he'd performed 270 transplants in the previous 12 months, I guess because many of his patients are Asians and not able to take time off like we can in the west he may perform operations for them on weekends to fit in with their schedules, Mine at over 8 months is going great, I'm over the moon with the results and looking forward to getting the crown filled in in a few months.

He and the staff seemed to be some of the kindest and most relaxed people I've dealt with.

Edited by Tiztom

@ Botak, Dr. Pong reminds of Dr. Radha in India.. A very active surgeon and attends only one patient in order to give him full attention and care. One of my cousins had his HT with him 2 years ago and was very pleased with the results. I find Dr. Pong from THT center (Thai Hair Clinic) the best HT surgeon in Thailand, he is very famous in Europe. @ Duckie, Dr. Path is way expensive because of his name and international recognition plus his location at the capital Bangkok.

This thread was viewed over 10,000 times. That shows how Dr. Pong is famous honestly. He has loads of before and after photos in his website which i find it very impressive.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

@Duckie - yea, I had my HT with him 6 weeks ago. The busy period that he told me was during new year period. In fact, a day before my ops he did not have any patients, as the patient postponed/cancelled it at last min. I noticed most of the staff left shortly after my HT at around 3pm. So, I presumed they should have pretty good work-life balance if they were to work in a public hospital.

I have been hearing lots of good things about this doctor and even seeing some of his patients post their progress here. His hairlines look really good too. They seem to be on point and look quite natural. Hariri, after looking through the 229 or so before and after results on his site, I can see your point of why he may be very famous in Europe.

Sean, stated on his website "The cost per graft is gradually reduced as the number of grafts per procedure increases. Hair transplant cost for smaller sessions start from US$ 2.00 per graft and are lowered to US$ 1.72-1.96 range for larger sessions". Thats a real bargain, isnt it? The Doc is so honest that he has a link called Illusion VS Real Objects where he explains some of those photography techniques and tactics used by others and top clinics. I mean, find me another clinic that states that in their website, Its a sensitive topic that many HT clinics dont want to discuss even.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Personally I think he has enough customers so lets keep him a secret for ourselves, I actually asked him why he wasn't on forums like this and he said he wasn't really interested because he had more than enough work to keep him happy, he's a genuinely nice man.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jimmybald and botak, do you guys have any pic updates somewhere? I'm also considering Dr Pong and am in the middle of doing some research. Can I also ask if he uses the lateral slit technique to insert the grafts?