Shock loss in female HR in temples.

I have been sending my pics to different HR docs. Ive been getting responses and quotes for filling in my temples, which have been part of my hair line I inherited from my father. :o I sent my pics to Dr. Feller and He said(through his assistant) that he would do more damage than good by doing work on the areas I need. (Due to a high rate of shock loss in the areas I need work) Im wondering why he would refuse and others are willing to do the HR. Im really afraid to loose hair due to shock. So I am putting the HR on hold. Although my hair line really bothers me. Any ideas, suggestions?

Edited by Xtine

Xtine, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you are experiencing hair loss in the temples but still have some hair in that region, you may experience shock loss as Dr. Feller mentioned. If you were to go through with a procedure you may experience the shock loss, but with the hair growth from the transplant you may wind up looking relatively similar to what you look like today; not realizing a significant change due to the shock loss. So if you are planning on having only one treatment this may not be the wise way to go, but if you were determined to have the temple areas fixed, you would more than likely require another transplant to add the density to the remaining areas that may have shocked out. Again to clarify, if you were to do one procedure you could look similar to what you are today, but the hair that is there are the transplanted permanent hairs, and the unhealthy native hair has shocked out. If you were to proceed with a second treatment you would be able to increase the overall density of that area, now that all that remains are the transplanted permanent hairs. You could either do it this way, or wait for further thinning in those regions, and in the meantime you could use products such as dermatch, or toppik to disguise the thinness.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You may also want to re-contact the docs that did not mention shockloss to the area and ask them their opinions about it and why they did not bring it up.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have tiny baby hairs in the area Im thinking about fixing. Ive actually never had hair (beside baby hairs ) my temple areas. So perhaps Dr Feller was refering to the surrounding hair. I really didnt have anything specific in mind as far as how many HRs I would get. I assumed and hoped I would only need one because of the small area..plus I have a tiny head:rolleyes: I didnt even know this was available until very recently.

I think its a great idea to ask the other Docs why they didnt mention it..thanks. I did ask an assistant from one of the others and she said the doctor she represented didnt have problems with permenant shock loss with his patients, but had worked for other doctors that had patients with permenant shock loss.

Doesn't shock loss to native hairs come back if they aren't hairs prone to genetic balding?

Did you contact Dr. Kabaker? He's excellent with these types of situations.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D