Rogaine on temples...

cjhunter

Hi all

I seem to keep reading conflicting opinions on whether Rogaine foam works on the temples or not. I know most of the advice seems to be that it doesn't so don't waste your time, but i can't seem to stop reading conflicting opinions. Can someone please put me straight, as i know a lot of people on this site do actually use it on their temples, even with all of the advice out there saying it doesn't work!

Also, one more important question that i can't seem to find the answer to... if people are using it on their temples, but also the crown area, as i do, how much do i need to use? Do i still use half a lid split between both areas? Which seems a small amount to actually work. Or do i use half a lid on each area? I'm a little bit confused.

Thanks for all your help as always.

CJ.

PS - i have read the replies to other questions similar to mine, but i just want to make sure. I'm also keen to find the answer to my second question, as obviousely i don't want to waste my money, but i might just be doing that if i don't put enough on my scalp, or, in fact, i use too much and waste it...

From what I understand its a legality thing. Because it was only tested in the vertex region they can only claim that it works on vertex hair loss. However, as you've read, it does work for other areas in some people. Personally, I've been using rogaine for my vertex and temples since July, and while my hairloss has dramatically improved in the vertex, I'm only experiencing peach fuzz growth in the temples. However, i see both of these as highly positive results, seeing how the "expected" results are usually confined to minimizing or halting loss. So the short answer to your question is that it varies from person to person, but you'll never know if you dont try. As for the dosage, you kinda have to play with what works. I've found i use a little over half a cap. If you cool the bottle before you use it it seems to go farther.

The hairline, temples, and even the front half for some reason is more resistant to meds than the crown/vertex area. Some get tremendous results while others have no results.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Ok, thanks for the replies guys, i'll continue to use it on my temples and vertex then for the time being. I've been using it for about 4 months now on my temples and normally use about a whole cap full full - ie, half on temples and half on vertex. I'm just worried that i'm wasting it. I'm also worried that if if i only use a quarter on my temples and then a quarter on the vertex, that it won't be enough and i'll be wasting my time.

Are there any other people out there who use it on the vertex and temples, or just in two different places and can advise on the amount to use?

I've seen some crazy growth on temple points with Rogaine, I didn't give it long enough on mine, but might have another go. When I first tried Rogaine in 1997, I did get some growth on my temples that grew to about 1cm, but not enough to make a visual difference.

Minoxidil works anyplace you have hair. The FDA legality thing may be why they cant claim anywhere apart from the top of the head (crown) but as far as I have seen and heard, it boosts hair growth every other place. Caveat, hair grows faster, and longer, it does not go thicker (it remains thin) and continues to shed and remains weak.

I just finished my 91st day of Rogaine Foam and emptied my 3rd bottle. I do use it on my temples as well. I guess I'm using just the right amount if I'm only a day off of how long it's supposed to last after 90 days.

I simply squirt 3 or 4 dabs on (grape size? maybe a little larger?) and let it melt for a few seconds before rubbing it in.

I just finished my 91st day of Rogaine Foam and emptied my 3rd bottle. I do use it on my temples as well. I guess I'm using just the right amount if I'm only a day off of how long it's supposed to last after 90 days.

I simply squirt 3 or 4 dabs on (grape size? maybe a little larger?) and let it melt for a few seconds before rubbing it in.

Is it working any?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Is it working any?

Yes. The 'V's are probably about half filled in by area, but not thick yet-just spotty-but it helps. The areas where there was some hair are extrememly thick now. Espicially right in the front center. Hairline in the front / center has started to come down some, but again, spotty. The new hair is different though - has a wave / curl to it and is thinner.

• 7 months later...

Hi SH1970..

ur words give me some sweet word in my ear...

u were on Rogein Minox 5% & Fins?

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Minox 5% -1ml 2x/day | Fins -1mg /day | Niz 2% - |

Green Tea Shampoo

Planning to start Retina-A

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Rogaine foam on my temples for only 3 months and I've noticed a decent amount of improvement. You can check my profile for photos if you like. I was skeptical just like you were, but you might as well try it out and see how minoxidil works for you!

Cperry, those are the most remarkable results I've ever seen. You're Norwood 1 again. In fact, I hope this is how it goes for you, but you may never go bald if you sustain the use of it. Try get some Finasteride in there if you can. Perhaps, every other day.

Is it better on damp hair as absorbtion is more and does anyone do this way ?.

Hi..

after reading forums..i have tried to apply minox on lil.bit wet scalp & on Hydrieted Scalp (open pores by hot wet towels) - after appled - I got a strange feeling - something similar to anesthetic around my head.....hard to difficut... it wastn hurting me at all..

reading many forums..i think a bit scalp help to absorbs more minox...

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Green Tea Shampoo

Norwoodbalding, lol thanks for the feedback. I sure hope I can maintain as much hair as possible. Rogaine has been a real confidence booster!

JayWalker, at first i started to apply the foam directly on the skin around the temples, but as time went on, I also put foam on the hairline to thicken it up. Now I mainly put the foam on the hairline but I'm sure some of the foam rubs off onto the skin directly. Do you follow?

Norwoodbalding, lol thanks for the feedback. I sure hope I can maintain as much hair as possible. Rogaine has been a real confidence booster!

JayWalker, at first i started to apply the foam directly on the skin around the temples, but as time went on, I also put foam on the hairline to thicken it up. Now I mainly put the foam on the hairline but I'm sure some of the foam rubs off onto the skin directly. Do you follow?

Sure do, thanks buddy. Im going to purchase some of this! :)

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mates..

A bit good news... me & one of my friend together started using minox 5% - i have applyed both vertex/crown+Temple + hairline

both us seen very small peach fuzz at hair line... it been only +/- 45days...dont give up...stay on it

Edited by Nneel

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Green Tea Shampoo

Oh Yeah Cradel..

its clearly noticeable on ur avatar (if its ur pic)

btw how long ur on fins & minox?

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Green Tea Shampoo