steve carell

uselessgomez

What's going on with this guy's hair? 1st season of The Office he has a thinning hairline. Then season 2 comes around, he's all thickened up and has perfect hair. Saw the movie "Knocked Up" again the other day where he has a small part, and he's got some temporal recession. He must have some kind of hair system?

Did some digging and found this:-

"Steve Carrell wore a artifical balding hairpiece for Season 1. Why? He had his currently s2/s3 hairstyle going on back when he and Stephen Colbert worked THE DAILY SHOW ... years before Season 1 ever aired. They changed Michael Scott's hairstyle (i.e. got rid of the hairpiece) before season 2 started because they wanted Scott to become a bit more appealing.

And yes, Carrell looks a lot better with his real hair as opposed to that nasty hairpiece."

Sparky,

Very interesting find. I had always assumed he'd had a hair transplant at some point after filming the first season of the office. Additionally, I think Steve Carell's hair is a pretty well discussed topic, so if anyone is looking for more information I definitely recommend using the search function.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Guys, if you watch the movie "Knocked Up," Steve has a small part in it and he has a clearly receded hairline, which is different from his hair on the Office.

I think his hair season 1 of The Office may have been his real hair, but he started wearing a hair piece starting at season 2. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

You can never tell about an actors hair from films that they are in, because there are always hairpieces and makeup being used, Ben Stillers hair is forever changing. Did you know that Pierce Brosnan had to use very small hairpieces on his hairline in "The World is not Enough" and "Die Another Day"?

You can never tell about an actors hair from films that they are in, because there are always hairpieces and makeup being used, Ben Stillers hair is forever changing. Did you know that Pierce Brosnan had to use very small hairpieces on his hairline in "The World is not Enough" and "Die Another Day"?

True! Just like Ted Danson when he exposed his crown hairpiece in the last Cheers. Ben Stiller went from gray hair with big time recession to a full head in his newest movies. Camera angles and lighting play a big part too.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Look at Bill O'rielly's hair....He has gained hair in the past 2 years I am sure...

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Agreed.

Seasons 2 & 3 were some of the best tv I've seen. They even rival Seinfeld for sitcom supremacy in my book. And that's saying something.

Sparky,

Good find. I remember posting a similar topic awhile back and never did hear the official answer.

On a related side note, I love "The Office". However, the first several seasons were better than the most recent episodes in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill

Sparky,

I love "The Office". However, the first several seasons were better than the most recent episodes in my opinion.

Agreed!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.