Potential Recommendation of Dr. Chris Pawlinga of Saratoga Springs, New York

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Chris Pawlinga of Saratoga Springs, New York.

As a long time associate, colleague, and protegee of Dr. Mike Beehner’s, Dr. Pawlinga has over 5 years of experience and performs hair transplants exclusively with Dr. Beehner at his clinic in Saratoga, New York. Dr. Beehner (click here to view his recommendation profile) has watched over Dr. Pawlinga for years and is confident in his ability to perform state of the art hair transplant surgery with excellent results.

Dr. Pawlinga and his full time staff of 5 technicians that he and Dr. Beehner both benefit from have the skill and experience to perform over 2000 follicular unit grafts in a single session. While he continues to evolve and refine his technique to perform larger sessions when appropriate for the patient, Dr. Pawlinga prefers to meet his patients’ goals in multiple sessions to minimize the risk of scarring and conserve the scalps’ vasculature.

Dr. Pawlinga typically performs hair transplantation on one patient per day in order to grant him/her with his full attention. If session sizes are minimal, he’ll sometimes work on two patients in a single day.

Dr. Pawlinga believes in customizing his hair transplant procedure in order to meet his patient’s goals and expectations. Using a combination of needles and custom cut blades as small as 0.8mm, Dr. Pawlinga carefully creates tiny incisions to mimic the hairs’ natural direction while minimizing trauma to the scalp. Dr. Pawlinga likes to use parallel (sagital) incisions in between existing hairs to avoid transection while using perpendicular (coronal/lateral) incisions in areas of no hair to maximize density.

Dr. Pawlinga uses a single blade scalpel to harvest the donor strip to minimize transection and uses a single running suture with a standard closure on the donor wound. While Dr. Pawlinga can and has used the trichophytic closure technique, he feels that his standard closure produces pencil thin scars on par with trichophytic closures.

All follicular units and the occasional double follicular unit are dissected and trimmed under microscopes and carefully placed into the recipient sites by his experienced staff to maximize hair growth yield. Dr. Pawlinga feels that using some double follicular units in conjunction with follicular units can aid in the appearance of density while maintaining naturalness in a select group of patients.

Dr. Pawlinga is very hands on and likes to place some of the grafts himself, especially in the critical hairline areas. Towards the end of the procedure, he’ll often use the stick and place to add density to the frontal core.

Given Dr. Pawlinga’s experience and commitment to quality follicular unit hair transplantation, I believe that he should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

Patient and surgical examples can be found below:

1654 Grafts with Dr. Pawlinga

3700 Grafts in multiple sessions with Dr. Pawlinga

2585 Grafts in 2 sessions with Dr. Pawlinga

1576 Grafts with Dr. Pawlinga

1300 Grafts dense packing at hairline

2474 Grafts in 2 Sessions with Dr. Pawlinga

1790 Grafts Hair Transplant Repair

Surgical Photos

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I completely agree - Dr. Pawlinga is performing state-of-the-art hair transplantation and producing impressive results. I think he would make a great addition to our community!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bill, though i did not conduct research on this surgeon, from the examples given, it looks like the results were pretty impressive. As such, coupled with the findings that u have, i would give thumbs up for his inclusion into the recommended list as well!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Guys,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Pawlinga. Over the last year, Dr. Pawlinga presented some excellent examples of his work on this forum on par with other leading surgeons such as his mentor and long time associate Dr. Mike Beehner.

Given the glowing reviews he's received on his patient albums and the positive feedback we've received publicly and privately from the patient and physician members of this community, I'd like to congratulate Dr. Pawlinga on becoming our newest recommended surgeon on the Hair Transplant Network. To view his recommendation profile, click here.

A special thanks to everyone who provided us with their input both publicly and privately.

Best wishes,

Bill

Congratulations Dr. Pawlinga! I look forward to interacting with you on our hair restoration network!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.