2010 ISHRS Physician Recognition and Awards: The Golden and Platinum Follicle Awards

This past week, Pat (publisher of the Hair Transplant Network) and I attended the annual ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) scientific meeting in Boston, MA.

The primary mission of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) is to educate hair restoration physicians from the beginner to the master. It is by far the most prominent hair restoration professional organization in the world and the host of the five day annual scientific meeting. Their website (www.ishrs.org) provides useful information about hair restoration and profiles and contact information for its 700 worldwide physician members.

One of the most exciting and prominent events at the conference is the presentation of the Follicle awards. I had the privilege of attending and personally witnessing the presentation of these awards to two outstanding physicians.

The Golden and Platinum follicle awards are the highest honors given to leading surgeons in hair restoration by the ISHRS at each meeting. These awards recognize outstanding achievement in basic scientific or clinically-related research in hair pathophysiology or anatomy as it relates to hair restoration.

At this year’s 2010 ISHRS scientific meeting in Boston, two outstanding physicians were recognized by their peers and given the highest honor of the “Golden” and “Platinum” follicle awards. Congratulations to Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich of Thailand, Asia who received the Golden Follicle and to Coalition member Dr. Bill Reed of La Jolla, CA who was awarded the Platinum Follicle.

These two surgeons have an outstanding reputation for consistently producing excellent results and have received glowing accolades from their patients online. No wonder their peers have recognized them as leaders and teachers in the hair restoration field.

Based on the excellent reviews online by their patients, there’s no question that Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich and Dr. Bill Reed deserves these awards. Congratulations to these two stellar physicians for their continued outstanding achievements.

For more information, visit:

Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich – Golden Follicle Award Winner

Dr. Bill Reed – Platinum Follicle Award Winner

Join me in congratulating these two outstanding physicians for their excellent achievements.

View the official Press Release.

I will be presenting highlights on hot topic hair restoration issues discussed at the meeting in the coming days. Stay tuned :-).

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Bill,

I'm thrilled to hear Dr. Pathomvanich and Dr. Reed were both recognized for their excellent work! Definitely deserving of such a thoughtful award.

I want to personally congratulate both Dr. Pathomvanich and Dr. Reed and tell them to keep up the good work!

Congraulations!!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bill, Blake, thanks for the time and effort in attending the seminar and i am thrilled, and not surprised, that the above 2 physicians are awarded with such honour :)

Guys, any chance of recommending Dr Pat into the coalition? Though i am only at 4months, i am experiencing good growth as per schedule. Besides, i have come acorss numerous cases in the forum in which the results are superb. As such, i was wondering if there is a chance you guys will consider recommending Dr Pat? :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

j, if i dun recollect wrongly, he is a recommended physcian here but not in the coalition :)

I thought he should be duly considered as he is really one of the surgeons out there who does meticulous work has a great team behind him. Although i cannot speak yet as i m not seeing full growth ( only 4 months ), i am pretty impressed by what i have seen in the mirror everyday :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Bill,

I'd like to offer my congratulations to both Dr. Pathomvanich and Dr. Reed. What an outstanding honor. They are both very deserving of the recognition.

Congratulations gentlemen!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

wb280,

No, Dr. Pat is currently not in the Coalition. If you follow this link, you will see a list of all our physicians. Those in the Coalition are identified on the right.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

ah right ok??????????

well ive had the pleasure of meeting with more HT drs than most including dr path and i think he would make a perfect member!!!!

i think it will only be a matter of time any way hes producing such good work and customer care it would be hard to ignore him at his rate of such good results and customer satisfaction

well done dr path n dr reed

:D

It took me until just now that "Recommended Physician" and "Coalition Member" were different lol. Where can I find a list of the different criteria? Or is one recommended by members and one recommended by Admins, Mods, etc.?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Guys,

In my opinion, Dr. Pathomvanich is performing state of the art hair transplants and truly producing ultra refined results. Thus, I agree that while he is already recommended on the Hair Transplant Network, he should also be considered for the Coalition. To learn more about our standards for recommendation and the Coalition, visit our Physician Standards Page.

Best wishes,

Bill

Mick,

In the next few days, I will be presenting the highlights of the ISHRS meetings including announcing the next president, who happens to be a very well respected and leading surgeon in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. So while I'm still collecting my notes on the conference and preparing the highlights, let's also give a congratulations to the highly esteemed Coalition member Dr. Jerry Cooley of Charlotte, NC who is next year's president of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).

Best wishes,

Bill

My heartfelt congratulations to Dr Cooley!

Bill, it would be a nice gesture if the community can consider Dr Pat for the coalition. It would make sense as he is already well respected in the circle by peers and patients alike. Let me start the ball rolling by giving a full thumbs up.

Btw, i just cannot upload the pics. Not sure if its my pc which is faulty or the site system. Should be the former. Anyway if i still cannot post the pics, i will post the question in the appropriate column :)

Congratulations to Dr.Pathomvanich.

He is not only a very good surgeon but also a very honest and hard working man. He knows what patient care is meaning and he is a real surgeon who loves his work !

----------

Manager Derma-Plast

wb280,

I too believe that Dr. Pathomvanich should be considered for the Coalition. What does everyone else think? Given his high standing reputation with this community, his patients and his colleagues, he definitely has my vote!

Feel free to send me a private message about posting pictures and I'll see what I can do to help you. Please provide any error messages you might be getting. But first, do check to make sure the images are JPG or another suitable image format. I believe that BMPs are not accepted on the forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

Even though i had my transplant with hasson an wong when i had problems with my scar on holiday in bangkok i called dr paths office and they informed me he was away at a convension in india or some where in asia i beleive and he wasnt able to see me untill the day after he got................ my message was then passed on to dr path and he emailed me directly and offered to see me the very morning he arrived back in bangkok on his way home from the office!!!!!!!!!! not only does this show a man with the care of all HT patients at heart but a very genuine one also as many drs may have a problem with helping men from other drs...... (apart from dr on this forum of course) also im sure with his continued participation of this forum he is going to continue to improve and improve on his already very high standards and results!!!!!!

his results are all very good ive looked at all of his examples on his website and on the patient websites on this forum and they are very good! not to mention the majority of his results are based on thai or asian men which have harsh characteristics to factor in to a good result due to fine hair and black colour!!!

i think he will have a huge following in the years to come!! his prices are also very very reasonable and results very very good!!!! and from what i gather he is always looking to learn and improve his own working practices as and knowledge at amny convensions and meetings!!!!

well done to dr cooley, dr reed and dr PATH i fully suport his coalition bid

:D

Edited by j1j9j85

Mick,

In the next few days, I will be presenting the highlights of the ISHRS meetings including announcing the next president, who happens to be a very well respected and leading surgeon in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. So while I'm still collecting my notes on the conference and preparing the highlights, let's also give a congratulations to the highly esteemed Coalition member Dr. Jerry Cooley of Charlotte, NC who is next year's president of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).

Best wishes,

Bill

Nice! Happy to see Dr. Cooley continuing to contribute in all areas of this field

Another big congratulations to Dr. Cooley! It sounds like it was a big conference for him in general.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For those of you who are interested in reading the highlights of the annual ISHRS scientific meeting including several hot topics such as presentations on ACell, hair cloning (multiplication), and the much hyped NeoGraft, visit "Highlights of the Annual 2010 ISHRS Scientific Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts".

Best wishes,

Bill

We need to see more of and hear more of Dr. Reed. He deserves the recognition of his peers for his superior ultra-refined work and keen razor sharp intellect. We follicularly challenged are indeed fortunate to have a surgeon of Dr. Reed's excellence working to better our plights. He has acheived the highest recognition of his colleagues and deserves the accolades of his many satisfied patients. Dr. Reed enjoy this special honor--it is richly deserved!

Guys,

Since many of you have recommended that we consider Dr. Pathomvanich for potential Coalition membership, I've created a discussion topic to garner additional input from this community about his possible inclusion. To chime in with your input, visit the topic "Potential Coalition Membership for Dr. Pathomvanich".

I look forward to your feedback.

Best wishes,

Bill

On behalf of Dr Humayun Mohmand and all his staff, CONGRATULATIONS to Dr Pathomvanich and Dr Reed for Golden and Platinum Awards.

Also Congratulations to DR Jerry Cooley for the president of next year's ISHRS president

Cheers

I am patient Advisor to Dr. Humayun Mohmand Hair Transplant Institute, Pakistan. All opinions and views shared are my own. Not a medical professional.