0-7 months - Dr Feller

After years of noticing my self-worth ebb away with my disappearing hairline and trying every available product to hang on to a few strands in vain, I did some HT research. So many heartbreaking stories concerning under-qualified surgeons, but also so many rejuvenated souls that took the trouble to seek out the decent surgeons. Somebody asked on a forum ''where's the best place in the UK for a hair transplant?'' and the reply was ''Heathrow airport - for heaven's sake, go abroad''...

My own research repeatedly indicated Dr Feller was the man for the job, and he didn't disappoint. I think the grafts are coming along well and my mojo is returning!

Hair loss seems to many to be a trivial thing and ''it's what's on the inside that counts'', but sometimes what's on the inside can be drowning in depleting self-worth and that's no good to anyone. A decent HT and a bit o' patience can transform your energy. It's not vanity, it's sanity!

Here are a few reference pics from my ongoing journey - I'll post more as I find them.

686106782_4469466976C5745FA6CBFA3043295840.jpg.thumb 586106782_2CA97DC49DDD4F5170480EDA3B5EE6B9.jpg.thumb 486106782_05A46E58F7C9B76C2E83E2417AFA309E.jpg.thumb 327106882_015700AAADEB6E90C33914BA9D0D67D3.jpg.thumb

Freeman I think there should be a lot more density in there, but as you are only at 7 months there is still 5 months for this to be filled in as it takes a year to fully develop.

Did you consider Farjo when you were thinking about the uk surgeons. I went with him last month.

Happy growing.

Freeman,

congrats on your surgery/growth so far! Vast change, for the better, in appearance w/more months of thickening/maturing to come.

how many grafts did you receive?

is your hair styled w/a water based product in this pic?

if so, wouldn't mind seeing some shots of it in less punishing conditions to get a better gauge of what type of illusion is possible - i.e. wax/putty or some other non-water based styling product which will stick the hair together as opposed to separating it, & not slicked back which is THE most punishing style. Either way, you have a much improved look w/more to come. you must be thrilled.

congrats.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Freeman,

Thanks for posting updates on your progress. Firstly, I encourage you to post some dry hair pictures. Wet hair photos will always look thinner, even most densely packed results.

Obviously, you have several more months of growth and thickening to come. You're certainly well on your way.

I look forward to seeing your results in just a few short months.

Best wishes,

Bill

numpty, I missed Farjo in my search - I have since heard great things, so happy growing to you too!

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement - I have added a no-product pic as you're right about the unforgiving look of water-based products (too candid!). There's around 3000 grafts (I'll try and get the exact info).

Continued best wishes and congrats to all you guys - this is a great and honest forum.

Freeman,

tremendous difference! These pictures - along w/Emans - prove what a pivotal role patients play in utilizing the full potential of their ht. If your hair looks *this* much denser w/ZERO product, I can only imagine the appearance of density you could achieve w/a waxy/putty which virtually doubles the appearance of density on me personally. In addition just as in Emans case, I'm sure you could get away w/a myriad of modern killer styles, *especially* w/the right hair cut. I don't known about anyone else, but I'm MUCH less 'wow-ed' by ht's that are presented w/a very conservative 'style;' & previously assumed it was a result of a lack of options. Now I wonder how many of these guys are merely content w/that look.

It's similar if you were responsible for presenting a Lamborghini Gallardo at a car show, and rather than getting it washed, waxed, & detailed before the show you took it for an off road drive & showed up w/it covered in mud & bird bowel excrement. It's a sexy car, but it's not going to "show" well soaking in stool. I'm sure Dr. F appreciates that you posted some non-soaking wet pics to show his work.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this thread.

Looks like you are coming in nicely Freeman.

Notice that your hair still has that mild "kinky" look. That's a good indicator that your grafts are still immature and therefore continuing to thicken and "normalize"

Normalize in "Feller speak" means to straighten out and take on the characteristics of normal hair. This usually begins at about 8 months.

You still have a ways to go, but you seem to be right in the slot so continue to grow well and THANK YOU for for posting and participating.

-Dr. F

P.S. Could you PM me your identity? Thank you.

Ron J, never fear - love of music will dictate my hairstyle in time! I think post-HT people go conservative to start off with because they're not used to having hair to style, and are so used to 'making do'. 'Peacocking' takes time to re-learn!

Thanks guys for the kind words. More time, more progress - sounds mighty good.

Grow well and be well

• 4 weeks later...