Questions about BHT (Body Hair Transplants)

Is their any doctors in the North East area that use BHT other than chest hairs? Can BHT be used from let say the upper thigh leg?

Want to get another HT but I'm all done getting anymore scars on my frickin head including FUE. Going next month to get micropigment tattooing into 2 old strip scars that look like hair stubbles.

Have you seen what bht results look like? They are not very flattering and should really only be used in extreme repair cases when there is no option of using scalp hair, imo. There are various other drawbacks to doing bht, so make sure you research it extensively.

Also, if you already have two strips another strip makes even more sense. The surgeon would not create another strip scar but likely use one of the old ones, or perhaps even excise the two of them into one. Are your old scars bad? Why do you have two?

But to answer your question: you can use hair from anywhere on the body.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Do a LOT of research on BHT before making that move. I don't think you'll like what you find. There's quite a few cases available online and though there's some dramatic improvements, most of them are not very good.

Even if had exhausted my scalp donor hair, I'm not sure that I would risk BHT. It might not grow and if it does the quality of the hair is not very good. Plus it's EXPENSIVE. And if it doesn't take, your scalp has to absorb that dead graft and it could cause some irritation.

Is BHT really that bad? I just mentioned BHT because I really don't want anymore scars on my head.

I have meet with 2 coalition doctors about my 2 old strip scars. Dr. Dorin told me their wasn't much he could do to improve the scars. Dr. Feller said my scars are to low to put another strip scar into. Dr Feller also said he could put FUE into old scars but wasn't 100% sure if it would make a big improvement.

My scars are thin, top scar 6" long ear to ear, bottom scar 4" long. I decided to go with getting micropigment tattooing into scars so I can buzz my hair down with a 1# guard or even less. I'm a NW3 so either I'm just going to shave my head save $10,000 or get another HT on top front of my head that Dr. Feller recommended about 2500 grafts. If the micropigment tattoo looks really good on my scars I might just say the hell with it and do the rest of my bald spots to look like a crew cut.

• Moderators

Even if had exhausted my scalp donor hair, I'm not sure that I would risk BHT. It might not grow and if it does the quality of the hair is not very good. Plus it's EXPENSIVE. And if it doesn't take, your scalp has to absorb that dead graft and it could cause some irritation.

Easy to say when you're not faced with it. So my question to you is what would you do? Your choices are

1. Do nothing and keep losing more hair exposing the scars and leaving gaps between the transplanted hair and the native hair.

2. Buzz your hair down exposing the scars even more.

3. Try some BHT into the scars so you can buzz cut and possibly some BHT into other areas to lessen the gaps.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

LT,

Before going with tattooing in the scars, maybe you should try a small BHT session to fill in the scars and see if that grows. If it does then you can consider more BHT for other areas. If it doesn't grow well then you can always go to the tattooing.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Easy to say when you're not faced with it. So my question to you is what would you do? Your choices are

1. Do nothing and keep losing more hair exposing the scars and leaving gaps between the transplanted hair and the native hair.

2. Buzz your hair down exposing the scars even more.

3. Try some BHT into the scars so you can buzz cut and possibly some BHT into other areas to lessen the gaps.

I would feel terrible being in that situation. But from what I've seen about BHT, I'm not sure I would do it even if I were desperate. There are some pretty miraculous repair cases on youtube that used BHT. A few lucky people seem to really respond well to it (though IMO it doesn't look very natural). But most doctors say that it's still experimental and too risky. There's also a lot of BHT failures available to read about.

If I had to, I would consult with Woods or Umar. I don't think they are recommended by this site, but if it comes to BHT they are probably as capable as anybody.

I still would rather not do BHT. I would rather tattoo scars or get a hair system before spending all of that money and perhaps doing more damage to my head.

• Moderators

I had a hair system prior to having a HT. As bad as my hair looks now I will still not go back to wearing a hair system.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

personaly i would consider body hair fue into crown and strip scars only,

ive read and spoken to a dr that where head hair is not available any more for transplant that body hair can be used as a filler hair only in scars as it gives bulk and coverage the difference in hair structure is not noticed in the scars and they will also be less noticable because of the extra coverage!!!!

also for some crown work via lateral slit, the hairs can be angled and a crown swirl established to help the results look more natural especialy when some existing hair is already in the crown to help make the transition of head hair to body hair less dramatic...........

i would have no problems using body hair fue into scar and crown area if some existing hair remains in the crown to work with....

how ever vertex and hairlines is a no go unless in extreme repair patients as mentioned before