12 month fue results

Julius

go you have any pics where FUE was used for a NW4 or >? If not, does this thread imply it's main purpose is to fill in the temple areas for individuals who have excellent characteristics (i.e., thick diameterdonor hair in the early stages of MPB)? Further, who's to say what situation these individuals will find themselves in 10 or 20 years from with progressive MPB.

not trying to hate on FUE, but I think the main concerns about FUE aren't being addressed by their supporters.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that this is a very impressive set of results

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Megatron,

Its very well known and common FACT that FUE is suited to SMALL sessions and this can be seen in the philosophy all ethical FUE Doctors. FUE ideal for hairline work such AS the examples shown. FUE is highly unsuccessful when mega sessions are attempted (if you do some research) as seen and discussed NUMEROUS times previously on pretty much every forums over the last 5 years.

FUE suits candidates whos requirements are small. A strip session for sessions smaller than 1000 grafts is seen as inappropriate and all the candidates shown clearly highlight their requirements suit a small session.

Doesn't the EXACT same apply to strip count for strip candidates....

spex, I don't recall any disclaimers saying FUE is not suited for mega sessions. if that were the case, then why even the debate?

the long term concern about FUE relates to taking donor hair out of the safe zone. that's not the case with FUT.

spex, yes i think that certain individual will certainly comment again if he comes across this thread. Some FUE supporters are quite hardcore it seems. Debating about FUE vs FUT is fine but they would definitely include insulting words and aggressive tones which put me off.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I would of gone for an fue megasession if I needed it, and if I already hadnt been hacked up by norton and rogers etc. I personally know 1 person who was a diffuse NW6 and has had 7k scalp fue and 1k from beard and chest combined and his result is really very good. He did also have an average donor density of 110 pr sq cm! He shaves to a number 2 or 3 on a weekly basis and you cant tell hes had anything taken.

Hes the only person I know of though.

I'll go one step further and say I haven't seen more than a handful of successful FUE regardless of the amount of grafts tranplanted. However, I don't count the NW 2 and below who are ideal HT candidiates just looking to touch things up a bit. If that's what FUE is for, then perhaps it's reasonable to conclude it's an inferior technique at double the cost that can only be used when yield isn't a big concern.

I still haven't heard anyone comment on this thread about the possibility of continued MPB from FUE hairs extracted outside of the safe zone.

Megatron, i know of a couple individuals in this forum who will aggressively challenge u as u seem to have some doubts abt FUE. One of them had not even undergone any procedure yet! Sometimes i wonder if forums do more bad than good especially when u have someone not going thru any procedure to claim that they know everything!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

This thread has really been hijacked.

I don't understand why people are so hot about the FUE/Strip thing.

I think that there are good candidates for both...I do not think that becasue you have not taken the plunge yet that you are less informed....Future_HT_Doc has not and he seems very informed.

I think strip guys over bash the FUE and some FUE guys over hype it.

As far as megasessions I think that FUE is just too tedious for that....I do not want exhausted techs and docs working on my head.

Finally I heard that there was a doc not affiliated (Dr Voldemort....he who shall not be named) that is working on or made a powered extraction tool that is going to like quadrupal the extraction speed. I do not think that I would want that going on on the back of my head....I will take the old and slow method.

I am considdering FUE for about a 600 graft session on the temporal region. I am almost 32 and an headed to being a NW3. I feel like keeping up with my loss through FUE is the best route for me right now....if I experience significant loss I have no problem going strip.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker, agreed. Blake does seem very knowledgeable and he advises, not bash. There is someone else who absolutely balks at strip, and is very aggressive in doing so but i shall not disclose the name as getting into an argument is the last thing i want here. Correct me if i m wrong, but i feel that the strip goers are not that against FUE but a couple of FUE supporters use very aggressive and genuinely insulting words on members like EpilepticSceptic, spex and myself when we were just discussing among ourselves regarding strip. I thought it was quite uncalled for.

I think that there are people on both sides of tha wacky....almost like politics....

I do remember the thread you are talking about and some people do get a little cocky/pushy about it.

I have stated before that I feel that this is kind of a pro strip site by member composition. But that does not make it an anti FUE site.

I really do not feel that FUE megasessions are a good course of action at this time in the industry, but it may change someday.

I actually HOPE that strips become a thing of the past some day, based on furthering the science of hair restoration thru gene therapy, better medications and things like Acell...possibly ending all worries about running out of donor.

With that said, a person would have to be really really closed minded to say not admitt that there is a good time and place for both in the industry right now.

View Spanker's Website

If its ok to transfer 1000 grafts via fue, then its ok to do this 7 times imho and have no strip scar to show for it. In the right hands you wont get bad white dot scarring from this.

You said that fue guys over hype fue, I think this is also the same with strip guys, they over hype that too.

If I had known fue would be invented, I would never of let that scumbag Norton cut a strip steak out of the back of my head, no way.

Obviously i've seen really great results from strip, but if I had, had hindsight, i'd of rather gone bald than have it done to me, I was 22 and got suckered in by a bad doc, so it has skewed my opinion on strip forever.

5k fue spread all over would give you a good shaven look imho. If I had lost lots of hair, I would prefer a thinning of the donor via fue to a strip scar. Someone with 50-60 grafts pr sq cm all over looks better than someone with 100 pr sq cm just on the sides.

I know with hindsight you would of preferred to not have a strip scar.

Edited by Sparky

I know you know how I feel about my scar, so i'm obviously not a big fan of strip, and I cant change that now. I'm not trying to disuede people away from strip because I realise a lot of docs can do strip a lot better than fue, and it doesnt change donor density, and to a lot of people thats important.

Just keep going in time after time, after time , after time, after time, after time with no affect on yield, the scalp, or confluence of scar, hey - its like an endless supply with no consequences - happy days!:cool:

If this were the case where are all the 7000+ FUE sessions....;)

Spex,

Are you a consultant for Dr Feller? If so, is he not one of the top in the nation at doing FUE?

Do you know what Feller's transection rate is with FUE? Thanks.

I am considering a small FUE session now....but will surely need touch up work done in years to come....I don't understand why this is not an option. I am not talking 7000 grafts, hopefully....but I don't understand why it is not a possibility to keep doing FUE's as I progress...

Edited by Spanker

View Spanker's Website