Need help (SoS): considering HT procedure in this december

Dear forum members,

I am a new member in this forum. I must congratulate the owner of this informative site, we may go nowhere if this doesn't exist. Btw I am Shams (26 M) having a hair loss pattern NW3. My hair has been receding since I was 21 and continues till 25. Luckily I've no hair loss problem for last 1.5 yrs (it seems to be stabilized). I ain't into any kind of medicines/medications considering the side effects of those. Now I am planning to have my HT done and am doing a lot of research regarding this as it is indeed a life changing decision. Would anyone experienced/doc enlighten me on the following issue I've for my HT. I'd be extremely grateful.

1. I want to lower my hairline around 2 cm down as am having a broad forehead (3") and have good density in donor hair. should I be more conservative on this? I had full head of hair in early days. My aim from the HT is to lowering the hairline a bit and fill the temple areas. What would be the total no. of grafts need to be transplanted in order to have a appearance/illusion of full density.

2. There are lots of coalition docs in this site. Whom should I take advice from? I am really looking for a doc who speaks from his heart and suggest the best for me (considering the future also).

3. Is it mandatory to take propecia (for shockloss)/minoxidil? Without these medicines can I expect good hair from HT and how long I've to be away from intense exercises (lifting heavy weights) after surgery?

Any thoughts on this is highly appreciable.

N.B. Pics attached for convenience.

Thanks,

Shams

5b32cb0501c15_P1010023_FrontlineHairCombed.jpg.ff1ad5eee0a4c1b7d528c3856fda06a2.jpg

P1010024_Front.jpg.92b26791c9d20970e60ec000b438eb1a.jpg

5b32cb05229cc_P1010030_Topview.JPG.a39b47c3929fb0b01721e43ee4b89c5d.JPG

5b32cb052fa71_P1010104_righttemplelateral.jpg.4bbe8878d684decaa74e7b9bfb4ec571.jpg

5b32cb05427a1_P1010109_lefttemplelateral.jpg.584ffb155c2e79538054d523356020ea.jpg

5b32cb055ebaf_P1010122_backcombed.jpg.db2ff3a1c4a76edefc3eb886775cd1eb.jpg

first of all where are you based ie living as im sure we could find a good doc near you to help.. or if you have the money we could recomend one in another country if you willing to travel but the choice of dr is a very personal thing and you should spend the next 3 months researching drs and there results as ultimately its your choice is subjective and down to you. but we can sure advise!!!

2nd of all i would like to strongly suggest finest as not only will it help to stop any future hair loss but it helps to minimise shock loss and increase yield of hairs that survive the sugery

minoxidil will also increase blood flow to the follicles and will also result iinside effects such as new hair growth all be it very minimal but minoxidil and propecia(finesteride) work very well together infact better than one or the other on its own

i would also like to suggest vit b complex and msm supplements as they are vital vitimins and minerals used in the production of healthy hairs by the body

nizoral shampoo wich contains 2% keta anti fungal has also been proven to reduce the dht responsible for hair loss directly in the scalp by disrupting and blocking the actions of breakdone of testosterone in to dht via the receptors in the scalp. this shampoo is easy to buy and can be purchased right of the shelf with no need to mix tablets orr lotions

looking at your pics to get the desired result u want i would estimate you need around 3000 grafts direct in your hairline and bellow to extend the temple regeons also....

thats the best advice i can offer and its up to you to research and understand what i have suggested so you can implement one or all of the above suggestions..... its up to you!!!

i would also just like to remind you that finesteride or dutad and minoxidil are the only proven medications to reverse or halt male pattern balding!!!!! the additives or supplements are only to aid growth but they al do work well together!!!!

also send your pictures in to the short listed drs you have chosen from the coalition drs list and see what they advise as the plans may be different....

:D

Shams, unless you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't go past NW3, Finasteride can work WONDERS. It will save you lots of money in the long run because you won't be chasing hair loss with transplants the rest of your life. Minoxidil can also help if you don't mind applying twice daily.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I agree....you REALLY need to get on finesteride....looking at your hair, I would say you are heading towards loosing all of the from portion of your hair...especially at your age.

HT's are not miracles alone....they need a little help usually.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for your replies guys. Actually I am a bit confused about the no. of grafts require to have a illusion of full coverage. As mentioned in previous post I want to lowering the hairline 2 cm down; would this be a good approach?

Thanks,

Shams

you can have what ever you like, but i recomend you visit a good HT dr as they will advise you further, but in regards to density about 45/50 grafts per square cm2 and to get your line correct and your temples id say 3000 grafts would give you what you want!!!!!! but go on finest other wise you may lose all you have:D