Financing questions?

BaLdEnStEiN

hello ladies & gents. I've booked a procedure with a reputable doc in december. I've booked the ticket, put down a deposit, and I've saved up about 9k but will need to find 9-10k by december. For the time being my credit is fair. I'll need to find the $$, but I'm not quite sure whether I should apply for credit cards, a personal loan, or for a cosmetic loan through chase. I'm not sure whether I'll be approved for that amount, so I'm pretty concerned. I will be receiving 9k in january, so I technically need the loan for less than a month, but the doctor needs full payment the day of the procedure. What suggestions do you guys have? Anyone know of any loansharks? :(

Did the doctor offer you any financing options? I got a 1 year 0% interest loan from Care Credit. All I had to do was pay the minimum balance each month, which was around $30. In month 12 I paid the balance and in total didn't pay a dime more than the true cost of the HT.

I've thought about going to my bank and borrowing against my car or house. Banks will tend to have the lowest interest rates.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• Moderators

Another option is to go with a 3000 graft procedure rather than 4500. You can always go back later and have more done when you have more money saved.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.