Very Small Sessions/ FUE

Anyone know of or how it would go about to do very small FUE sessions....like "maintenance" sessions??

I have a little bit of thinning at the hairline and some temporal recession/thinning. Most people would not consider a transplant where I am but I am kicking around the idea of doing small sessions and trying to "keep up" instead of waiting til I need 3000 grafts. (if I ever do)

Sure it would be under a 1000....but prolly like 6-8 hundred

I would also like to do non-shaved....

I know some doctors only do one proceedure a day....but would a doctor block a day for such a small session?

Any thoughts?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

i am sure you will be able to find a doctor that would be up to do it. It may cost a bit though.

600 grafts...you just may want to try and rogaine it or something, save yourself some money.

but anyways, I am sure some doctor would hook you up.

The only problem with FUE is you pretty much HAVE to shave to get the cutter over the graft. You won't necessarily have to shave the recipient area though.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Yes, shaving the donor is necessary and most doctors will want to shave the recipient zone, too, to clear the way so to speak. 600-800 grafts will be difficult to hide post-op. It's not even that small of a procedure as far as FUE goes.

What you want is certainly possible and not even unusual, really. Be advised though that people often underestimate the number of grafts that they'll need for their goal.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The original FUE doc only does that many in a day, max. Others have a 'minimum' charge. I've seen Harris (Denver?Rockies?) patients with FUE extracted in parallel bands within fully grown hair in the donor, so that no extraction is evident and with the kind of procedure you're looking at -assuming you have NW2 (or NW2 to3)hair on top, I cant see why you can't comb over the recipient bits for six months. Shockloss is always a worry short term, another reason to go big as possible.

Here's an additional question: even though FUE grafts are cleanly cut perfectly round grafts, are they trimmed additionally to make them small as possible?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D