1,500 HT Booked for October 18th with Dr. Dorin

Just booked my HT with Dr. Dorin for October 18th, 2010 at 8:00am for between 1,500-1,600 grafts! We're going to lower my hairline between 1.0-1.5cm and fill in the temporal area too.

Because my hair in the frontal area is already so thin and fine, we're not going to dense pack. we're going to establish a proper hairline first at between 40-50 fu psqcm and then wait a year to see if I want it more dense. I feel more comfortable with the conservative approach.

Also, my left temporal is significantly more receded than my right (see photos), so I imagine I will receive more on the left than right.

I'll be sure to start my journal today and I'll put my HT procedure on the new calendar too.

Thanks everyone for your help so far. And please let me know what you all think.

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

corvettester,

Congratulations on your upcoming hair transplant with Dr. Dorin! That new hairline will frame your face nicely. Can't wait to see the after photos. Keep ups posted.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

This will be my first HT.

I will definitely keep HTN updated as it's been such an invaluable source to me in my final decision to undergo HT. I'll be sure to create a hair loss journal and frequently update it with plenty of pics.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Dr. Dorin has posted some great results on here. I think you will be pleased!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

good luck to you! hope it turns out great and the way you want it. definitely want to see the end result. 1500 grafts would probably be great, and your donor density looks good from the pics, thanks for sharing

• 4 weeks later...

corvettester, first of all i hope all is going well. out of curiousity, were any of those 1500 grafts placed behind the hairline? meaning, did dr. dorin place some grafts between existing hairs in areas behind the hairline that were already starting to miniaturing in preparation for future loss? my hair is similar to yours and I've had 2 consults with "top docs" and one of them suggested to only place fu's in the bald areas and the other wants to mix some fu's into existing hair behind the hairline. i'm just wondering what dr. dorin did?

thanks