What does Generic Finasteride look like?...

JDD7781

ok - I've been purchasing generic finasteride from CVS for a while. Pill is small, white & round. Decided to begin ordering it online from my insurance company instead...just arrived, but looks much different. Pills are gray and tubular shaped.

Both are 5mg pills, but concerned b/c they look so different. Want to make sure I'll be taking the same thing when making the switch. Should I be concerned?

Generic finasteride is made by several different manufacturers so each one looks a little different. As long as you purchased them via a prescription and through a legitimate supplier, you should have nothing to worry about. Perhaps you can find out the name of the manufacturer?

One time when my regular pharmacy ran out, they borrowed some from their other pharmacy across town. They were bluish/grey and tubular shape.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are also blue and oblong shaped. If it helps, the manufacturer of mine is Teva on the label. This is my first bottle of it, so I don't know what other shapes it might or could come in. They could look different from a different manufacturer though.

hello,

i had the same exact problem here, worried about my usual looking tab then trying another provider and the propecia tab looking so very different.

I started on Propecia (as that's the original big boy right?) it came in a smart looking box, leaflet inside and each tab was terracota in colour and 8 sided with PROPECIA written on one side and the big P on the other, each pack is a weeks worth with the days on each pop-out, i was happy with this.

Recently i ordered Finasteride (hey, it was cheaper!) through another site and this time it came as packets of tabs X10 and looked all very nonproffesional if you know what i mean, ok still had the 1mg amount required but this time as a small round white tab, Prohair is the manufac, yeah i know tablets come in all shapes and sizes of the same drug but it just didn't seem right.

I soon got to ordering my usual Propecia pack and put the new lot of tabs to one side.

any of you have the same sort of troubles, any advise?

Thanks for reading,

regards,

57mph

cvs has generic finisteride? can anyone tell me where to get some real generic finisteride online? pm me? I just saw the cost of actual propecia, it's not pretty, even with that coupon they are giving for $260 off the year.

• 2 weeks later...