Dr. Hasson Patient/Burn Victim/2142 Grafts/One Session/11 Months

As a one year old child, this patient was the victim of a kitchen accident in which boiling oil was spilled on his scalp.

The accident left him with a large area of scalp with no hair growth and thick scar tissue.

The scar was thickest in the middle of the scalp where blood supply was of greater concern. In this region Dr. Hasson had to be a little more careful with the density he was able to plant.

Closer to the sides and more towards and into the temples, the scar was not as thick, therefore Dr. Hasson was able to transplant at a slightly higher density.

This is evident in the photos shown with the area shaved.

As you can see, when done properly a transplant into scar tissue can be very successful.

2142 fu’s were used in this surgery.

Due to the compromised blood supply of scar tissue, an ultra dense pack is not attempted and a second surgery is usually part of the plan.

This patient came back for his second and final surgery to repair the damage done by the accident.

What we have found in scar tissue cases is that after transplanting into the damaged tissue, the blood supply returns to the area.

After examining the transplanted area, Dr. Hasson determined that he could place more grafts in the same area than he did in the first surgery due to increased blood supply.

This patient received 3104 fu’s on his second surgery 11 months after his first.

The final three images in this presentation show the patient one day post-op from his second procedure.

His dream of being able to wear his hair combed back or short after 30 years will soon be a reality.

hwnc2142_003.JPG?1447320727

hwnc2142_004.JPG?1183538133

hwnc2142_005.JPG?1337310689

hwnc2142_006.JPG?233319593

hwnc2142_007.JPG?316006662

hwnc2142_008.JPG?1127602878

hwnc2142_009.JPG?1196851281

hwnc2142_010.JPG?1984714406

hwnc2142_011.JPG?1240223089

hwnc2142_012.JPG?1614615992

hwnc2142_013.JPG?1855014318

hwnc2142_014.JPG?1398033594

hwnc2142_015.JPG?1248385337

hwnc2142_016.JPG?777505333

Edited by Jotronic
added new photos

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic,

What a deserving patient! Thank you for sharing this interesting case. I think the work looks ultra-refined, and I'm eager to see the results from the second procedure. Nicely done!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Jotronic,

What an amazing and compelling case! I can't wait to see how this grows in. Talk about life-changing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Pretty sweet. Can't wait to see how it turns out. This should help this guy out with him self-confidence and image. Nice job!!

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

• 1 year later...

So as I mentioned in the original post of this thread the patient had returned for a second procedure. Remember, the first procedure was not placed with high density because of the amount of scar tissue. The strategy is to make two passes as opposed to one so the reduced vasculature of the scar tissue can handle the new grafts.

The first pass was for 2142 grafts and the second pass, ten months later, was for 3104 grafts. The patient sent these photos to us showing his thirteen month result.

imagen1.jpg?1708221768

imagen2.jpg?356527117

imagen4.jpg?977544294

imagen5.jpg?274378800

Hair brushed forward...

imagen10.jpg?1220298265

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

W-O-W! What a great story! He must be so happy as this is a life altering procedure! Thanks for sharing Joe...these kind of stories really illustrates how life changing a HT can truly be!

ok joe let me rephrase that,good density in remaining donor he got 5000 plus grafts after all,im a virgin scalp strip wise i would get no where near the number of grafts this guy got.

what was his density where the strips were taken?

Mars,

I'm not sure what his density was but I don't think it was really high. His hair is coarse and coarse hair is usually on the lower end of the scale when it comes to donor density but the coarse hair can make up for this because it gives better coverage than finer hair, which coincidentally, usually comes from the highest density donor regions. Strange but logical tradeoff.

Stevee, thanks for your comment.