a sad 6 month update !

Mr.Nk

well here i am reaching the 6 month mark .. i guess 2 more months till the final result !!

i really hope things start to change now .. till now not a single person has noticed any change .. and still known as the 'bald one' among friends .. !! been thru a tough transplant journey so far .. still hoping a good 7th and 8th month !

5b32c9ece412e_6monthsa.jpg.eb9b2ee2b0f016e415520d9f4dc6a971.jpg

5b32c9ed06ec4_6monthsb.jpg.1d3783aea2f832e9f93bbd422a1b775a.jpg

Mr.Nk,

While some patients do experience excellent growth by the six month mark, many do not. I know what you are feeling because I had a similar experience. Some of us are truly slow growers.

At six months, my results weren't spectacular either. I began to become despondent. However, I saw significant changes between 10 and 12 months and continued to see improvement in hair quality up to 14 months.

You will hear this over and over on this forum and it is true...don't judge your results until the one year mark.

That said, I was not satisfied with my first HT and returned for another to add density and lower my hairline.

If you have not done so already, I suggest you contact Dr. Mohmand and discuss your concerns with him.

Keep us posted on your progress.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Mr.NK,

Well, i saw your blog and it seems you even had an area of necrosis on your front that lasted for 3 months. You said you thought it was maybe due to the repeated tech injections of anesthetic. My doc was the only one allowed to administer anesthetic to me, which requires great skill to do properly.

Also, this doc has another patient at the 8 month mark I believe, and who has had very sub-par growth. His name is LittleWolf.

ES, oh i din know that the doc was the one allowed to administer the anaesthetic... i m not sure who did mine but so far no issues with my donor or recipient...

Oh Little wolf... v familiar...yes its been some since i heard from him...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

yeah i guess cuz of the necrosis there are some no growth areas and it just adds to the emptiness even more !! i know i mustve lost a lot of grafts cuz of necrosis and then the small procedure to repair it !

my assistant at work paid a quarter of amount to a different local surgeon compared to what i have paid and my hair growth is just a quarter to what he has now :)

But yes ill wait for 8-10 months cuz i can still feel some small hair growing .. i really hope all is well in the end !

thanks ur replies just gave me hope for 3 more months ! :)

hello mr nk,i hope your worrys are unfounded and that you are just a slow grower,but i'm sure if you do have any problems dr mohand will try everything in his power to address them as i have seen here were he has stated himself that he has offered a free procedure to someone in the past who had'nt achieved exspected growth,i think he is a honourable man who will do the right thing by you,all the best and have a nice day.....

yeah i can still feel a lot of small hair on my scalp ... i hope when they'll grow then it will look better !!

ive seen a case on doc forum site .. his name is mayur? .. his growth in 6 month was really not good .. but i think 7th month started nice for him ..

so i guess i have to wait a bit more .. but ill be posting every months progress here ..

• 2 weeks later...

Dear NK

I am sorry that you have to go through the disappointment of either slow growth or poor growth. As 6 months is too early to decide but I would encourage you to kindly visit us and let us have a look. As you know about 1 to 2 % of patients do get poor growth after hair transplant surgery, and more so if you had necrosis then one of the reasons is there was some thing that caused the decreased blood supply to the scalp. This very fact could also be the reason behind the delay growth or poor growth.

Having said all this, I do stand beside my patients who end up having bad results or unsatisfactory growth and give them a complimentary surgery if the results is even 50%.

so please do not worry and if anything I can try to help you I would be always there for you.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I had this persons friend done the surgery same time as you have and this is the feed back from him......

Request for an online Virtual Consult from Hair Transplant Network

Patient Information for

Address :

City :

ZIP :

State :Sudan

Email :

Day Phone:

Eve Phone:

Degree of loss:5a

Rogaine :never

Propecia :never

Medication History :NA

Questions concerns :

I have a colleague who recently performed hair restoration surgery at your

clinic approximately 6 months ago which looks very professional. I am

looking into the possibility of doing the same.

This message was sent from the Hair Transplant Network

this is how i get the referrals. But then every now and then 5 to 10 patients a year i have poor growth and that is when I prove myself that I care for you.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Sir i have complete faith in you and in your work !! and i know how much u really do care for the patients and im 100% satisfied with the co-operation of your clinic! PLEASE do not think that im complaining about your work .. i fully understand all the things that mite be delaying the growth ! i update my entries every month on this forum as i receive emails from ppl to do so ..

i still think i have small hair growing .. so im very hopeful that ill have good result by the end of 8-9th month .. i dont have hair in the necrotic area but im hopeful that the rest will cover that area!

Thanks a lot for taking time and writing ..

Respect to the Dr. With generally great results, he has a record that speaks for itself. Failing that, due to other "outside" influences, such as phisiology, or infection as the case may have been, standing by your patient, accepting accountability and offering a solution is very noble. This is the perfect example of how this situation should play out in my opinion. Good luck to yourself regarding future growth and any necessary further surgeries.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Yes,Dr Mohmand has already stepped up and assured that even if it does not work well, he will provide a complimentary follow up procedure. Its such ethics in such doctors that enable us to lay our heads literally on the line for them to prick on :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

hello mr nk,as i already stated i thought dr mohmand was a honourable individual and he has once again proved to me that he is just that,i'm sure he will try to help you in any way he can but at the moment being only 6 months you'll both have to play the waiting game to see wwhat course of action to take if any,wishing you good growth and all the best.....