23 yo HT with Dr. Rahal (Strip 4321 grafts - with pics)

Hey,

I recently had a HT with Dr. Rahal in Canada. I have included a link to the before and after shots for you to see. Overall I'm happy with the results thus far, but I guess only the end result matters.

I had 4321 grafts on the frontal region of my scalp, the density was 46 cm^2. I had wanted the crown area done as well, but due to the area I needed to cover this was not possible. On reflection this was the right move, anything less than 46 is just too low. So, I have a horrible feeling this will not be my last HT, but maybe I will just do FUE next time to quicken recovery.

Have been on fin since I was 19, have taken MSM, Rogain etc in the past as well. My hairloss started at around 16, but stabilised when I was about 21/22 (I think)

let me know what you think. I'm happy to answer any questions :-)

Hair Restoration Site for 000flatpro

Looks like you're going to be an early bloomer! :D That's a LOT of grafts. How long did the procedure take? Did he say that is all you can do or do you still have some reserve left?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hey Flatpro,

The quality and clarity of your pictures are really helpful for people watching your progress (and sitting on the HT fence!)

You last update pictures show typical growth for this time. Nice one.

Good luck with the coming months growth.

• 1 year later...

FYI once you've got a scar fue is pointless mate until all your strip donor has been used, if you do need another op it's likely your hair will be long enough at the sides and back to cover the new scar but if you have fue you will have to shave the donor down to extract the follicles which could expose the scar and would take much longer to hide the donor area again. All the best grow well.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk