My Story

hero85

hello and welcome to my thread ..

I've made this thread so that all can follow me from regrowing hair again. I also have a website which I will refer to ..

my story.

I am 24 and started seeing my hair become thinner since I was around 20th in the beginning I would not face it and would not even think about it, thinking surely it would not be a problem and that I would not be bald. At the time I was with my x girlfriend, but when we broke up it started really taking off, I started of course to go more into how I looked, and it dawned on me that I really was losing my hair . when the day came, I was heart broken, I've always loved my hair and was glad that I did not had signs of being bald, I've always had it easy with the girls and had great confidence. But it was as if everything broke on that day. I've never had balls to cut my bald because I not believe it fits me. I thought it was so unfair (I think still) and did not know what to do, I lay awake whole nights and thought of my hair constantly .. I was heart broken ..:(

I have always been the type to do something about problemt if there was a possibility, so I started to search for ht. I found a clinic in Denmark and when I was smashed over my hair, it could only go slowly. so I got a meeting with them and they were incredibly sweet and made me convinced that it was no problem .. I could also borrow money from them, so then I will pay back once a month. so I booked a time for the 13 / 4 - 10

In the meantime, I stopped to smoke (holding still)

I asked my hairdresser about what she havede heard about the clinic and she was convinced that they were the best in Denmark, and they haved been there since 1991, and made ONLY ht .. All this got me convinced ..

I got my ht, and was glad I did something to get hair again.!!!

so I found this amazing website ..

and it has been a huge help and support. but then I begin to think about whether it is the right clinic I have chosen, fortunately mikethedane has been a huge help - so thanks mike ..!!!:D

I've started taking finastride and I seem to already after 6 weeks to lose less hair when I'm in the shower .. hope it will help me get a great result ..

I've got 1600 grafts (see my pictures on my website) and hope that it is enough, so i will be happy in about nine months.

I would continued to update this page with my feelings on my ht and questions

you are very welcome to come with your opinions with my ht ..

have a good day

hero

my website :

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1666

Edited by hero85

Anytime mate. Thanks for sharing your story with the community.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys. :)

have a 10 weeks update. it goes quietly forward, a part of my shock loss has come back, so I am now close to what I was before.. there are also a lot of small, fine hairs on its way. I can start to see my new hair line and think it will be really good. especially when I have wet hair and slide back, I can see my new hair line. still incredibly thin, but I can see it. and i am only at 10 weeks..:)

However, a few questions.

3 weeks ago I had a date. and to look normal, I shaved my right side down. do not expect it means something, but seems it not really growing as good as my left side. have i destroyed any grafts when i shave down after seven weeks?:confused:

When i still had my scabs, my Dokter said after 10 days, I had to work them off quietly. I am nervous that I might have been too hard on them, I did not use nails, but are still nervous that I have destroyed anybody. no one was bleeding. I did however, see many grafts (small hairs) fall out with the scabs.... it is the right thing I have done?:confused:

Have a update with pictures, when there has gone three months

Best wishes:D

Hero

Edited by hero85

Thats normal. You did not damage any grafts. I think 1600 grafts will make a positive improvement in 9-12 months, but you may need another 1500 grafts in that area to get a full look.

Good luck.

thanks TheEmperor

hehe:D yes it says Megatron also.. see link :

what can I expect - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

but I still hope that it lives up to my expectations. if not, then I've made a HT more..

my expectations are. it will be like this man. (Minimum) :

Hair Restoration Site for wmcwallace66

but as you see in the video in the first link, I hope it will be like his. he had no more hair loss than I have, and only move 1500 grafts.. but only time will tell!!!

• 1 month later...

hey guys.

have an update, what do you think?

I can definitely notice a lot of hairs sprouting and am happy after 3 months.. but it must continue over the next 9 months until I am satisfied

I come with a Story later, but here is my new pictures

Hero

Edited by hero85

Hero, things look to be improving and moving forward. Good signs for the 3 month mark. Best of luck and keep us updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hero, things look to be improving and moving forward. Good signs for the 3 month mark. Best of luck and keep us updated!

thanks for your reply.... I also think it goes forward and is happy to see where I am after 3 months .. I hope however that the density becomes better and better as the months go ..

I think however that I already have more hair than before I got it done, so I think it become great after 9 months (HOPE)

Hero

thanks guys ..

TC17 : I got strip 1600 grafts

I also think it goes forward. But seems my right side is very behind. density is too small and is a little nervous about it getting better. but the rest looks good, it just need to grow ..

I am finally starting to throw my baseball cap. and no one has said anything. I use a little bit toppik when I go in town ..

I am looking forward to see where I'm at the end of August

Hero

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.

I have thought about :

is there anyone who has seen that no more hair is coming out after four months ?

I've seen a lot from month 2,5 to 3,5 but is nervous about whether it has stopped now and just gets longer. can it stop coming out after four months? maybe a stupid question

have an update.

all pictures are with toppik, taken right after work.

just so you can see how I wear it everyday ..

Next week I will meet someone from the clinic so she can see how far I am and how much more I can expect .. see you at month five, there will be updates without toppik and wet

hero85,

Don't worry too much at this point. You've got a lot more growth to come. I was a very slow grower and gave up more than once thinking I wouldn't see anymore growth. My hair continued to improve for months beyond the one year mark.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Looks really good! Especially for 1600 grafts, honestly I would have guessed you at more than that based on your preop photos.

Good luck.:)

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.

many thanks.

here is an update.

has now been 6 months.

and here is a before and after picture, the picture from 6 months is with Toppik, but it shows just how far I've come. if I dont have Toppik in so it's still thin, but there are still 6 months before I round a year. hope it gets as it is now with Toppik

5b32cb17414db_HPIM0948-Kopi.jpg.9222af8dad38a62bf10b99b5dd5c28e0.jpg

• 1 month later...