Can those with FUE show me their results?

Hey all, FUE sounds like a quick/easy way to fill in the temple areas, which is mainly where my hair loss is. I'm 31 and it just keeps on receding.

Could those of you that have had FUE done, please tell me your thoughts on it? Meaning, are you happy with the results etc?

And I can also check out your HT blog in your sig. That would help me ALOT.

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the post Spex. I took a look at all of the FUEs in that thread you posted for Dr. Feller. It seemed like many of the pictures were only the post op pics, and not the end result OR the result after, say, 6 months time. So, it was tough for me to really get a feel for how realistic FUE would be for me.

Judging by the pictures of others, it looks like I could use maybe 1000-1300 grafts. I just turned 31 a couple of weeks ago.

My father is 59 and has thin hair and receeding in the front only. His hair is curly, whereas mine is straight. Because his hair is curly, you can't really see his scalp (in the non-receding areas). My grandfather had similar hair, in that it was just receding in the front and temples. Neither are/were anywhere near a NW6.

I'm guessing my father is a NW3a

And am guessing I am probably a NW2 with thinning everywhere. I believe the overall thinning is due to taking acutane about 6 years ago.

I can post pictures, but it's tough to take a picture of my own hair from various angles.

One thing to note is that I will not be taking meds after surgery, as propecia scares me and the potential side effects aren't worth it for me. Rogaine is also too big of a pain to mess with.

What exactly are the downsides to FUE? As I see it, they are:

1. You have to shave a huge patch in the back of your head, so you look absolutely ridiculous for months, unless you just shave your entire head... in which case, I would definitely look ridiculous and people would wonder what in the world happened to me. Is it necessary/required to shave the back of the head?

2. You lose ALOT of the graphs that are extracted, so you end up with many wasted hairs, so long term, if you believe you're going to keep getting more and more bald, you're potentially shooting yourself in the foot by wasting hair.

3. It's more expensive at like $12,000 for the graphs I'm guessing I would need.

4. Only Dr. Feller does FUE and he's not in the U.S. (is that even correct?)

Am I mistaken with any of these? Thanks for the info everyone!

Ok, I've done a bit more research tonight and came across some youtube videos from a guy that had an FUE with Dr. Alan Bauman. He "seems" very good and has been on CNN and seems to be a well-known surgeon.

I have no idea though. Guys like this could obviously just be smooth talkers. Do any of your know anything about him?

Here's the video(s) I'm referring to:

Thanks for the advice.

Dr. Alan Bauman. He "seems" very good and has been on CNN

Guys like this could obviously just be smooth talkers

In this case, "smooth talker" is an euphemism.

I've done a bit more research

Please keep going... :)

Good luck

Edited by SERIOUS