Dr Patricia Cahuzac

jhm

Hi

This is my first post. I am thinking of getting HT surgery with Dr Patricia Cahuzac who has been recommended to me and I was wondering if anyone had any comments on her?

Many thanks

James

Jhm,

Welcome to the forums! I personally have not heard anything regarding Dr Patricia Cahuzac. However, the Hair Transplant Network does recommend several physicians in France, and more throughout the rest of Europe.

I think you've made a positive decision in joining the community. I would use these boards to search, ask questions, review results, and research all your options before undergoing a hair transplant procedure. Please feel free to ask any further questions. Also, you may want to consider creating and updating a hair loss blog and social profile.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 years later...

I've been researching Dr Cahuzac and she was trained by one of the early transplant Drs using mini and micro grafts ( as he used to call them) from a strip technique.

This Drs Name was Dr Pouteau from Paris. He's retired now or he may even have died

This man was the first Dr to start repairing the mess that had been done to me by the Harley dean clinic, Transform clinic,Mediform clinic. all from London, back in the late 70s and 80s.

In my opinion he did a great job considering the options available. He made my large pluggy dolls hairline look accepatable again and closed up old donor areas leaving only very thin scars.( i still have quite a lot of old plug scars)

Unfortunately because of the other butchers wrecking the donor area he never had a lot to play with.

I was put in touch with him, by Dr David Fenton from st Thomas's hosp in London.

He's a consultant dermatologist that has run a hair clinic since the 70s and has helped many people like me try and sort out the mess we were left in.

At the time he said Dr Pouteau was the only Dr he would trust in Europe. I cant tell you how glad i was to find him, back then.

So i've looked at some of her work on her website and her hairlines look amazing.

She also carries out consultations in London. She does FUE.

I still need to have more repairs now that techniques have improved ( BHT etc) but the point i want to make is i think there are plenty of top drs out there that dont need advertise themselves but just get work through quiet word of mouth.

Now i dont know if she is as good as some of the Docs we read of here but Dr P was definitely ahead of his time back then, so all i can say is she had a good teacher.......in my opinion.

I've been looking at Dr Bisanga but now i've found this lady again i'll definitely look a bit closer at her work.

Hope this will maybe bring some more people out that have had her treating them

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for telling me that, it'll be good to hear what happened. The only reason i was interested in her, was that she was trained by a Dr pouteau, who used to practice in Paris.

He was the first man that actually started to help repair a load of really bad transplants i had in the 70s and 80s.

So i thought maybe she was a surgeon that kept busy just by word of mouth and liked to keep a low profile.

Having researched thoroughly on repair surgeons the next man to work on me will be Bisanga. I was just interested in Cuhzac because of the connection with Pouteau.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting that there is no information or reviews about her on the web, and the only review link is this one when you search. I'd love to know more please. I was recommended to her but would be extremely interested to get some information from someone else who has seen her. Doesn't sound good that you had a bad experience Clanvin, what happened?

Trinder, how far did you get with your research, I can't find anything about her from others and would like to find out if it's a gamble going to her?

Seriously confused, saw a few consultations in London, but everyone warned me against them and recommended her but now you're saying that she's not up to much either?

Also, how risky for diffuse as opposed to just having crown done. I need bits all over, and I can't afford for a failed one, After having to borrow that amount of money from a bank to get only half what needs doing is a big old risk if it doesn't work

Your from the UK. I strongly suggest you get in touch with Spex and ask him for his advice. He is from the UK and has helped hundreds of patients pointing them in the right direction.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Does she actually do it herself or her team do it. I've heard a lot of this. Is it normal for these surgeons to not do it themselves. I've heard she doesn't actually do it, but her people do?

Thanks Bill, much appreciated, just wanted to ask someone about this particular surgeon... always a bit nervy when someone won't elaborate about it on here

Your from the UK. I strongly suggest you get in touch with Spex and ask him for his advice. He is from the UK and has helped hundreds of patients pointing them in the right direction.

Sincere apologies to you. I didn't see your reply here... until now, for some reason.

Thanks for the advice, I will look him up. As we seem to be in very short supply over here, and all the ones we know about in the public eye who have had them done in London, don't ever look good.

I was recommended to this surgeon on this thread in France, but nobody wishes to elaborate about their experiences, which is a bit of a shame.

I would advise you against Dr Cahuzac. I had a failed transplant with her some years ago.

PM me for more details.

Can't get hold of Clanvin, but is there nobody else on these forums who can testify to this woman at all? Be interested if it was a team effort or if she did it herself?

• 8 months later...

Hello - I have been following your thread about dr cahuzac as am also considering a hair transplant with her. I am a fifty year old woman with hair loss at the front but lots of thick hair at the back. Does anyone have any experience with her? Good or bad? And what was the recovery process like. She said that In a week it would not show at all - iOS this true and odd you have to take any medication? Thanks