3500 Grafts, Oct 09. Dr A Feller

1982UK

Well the main thing is you got a very nice result so far with Dr Feller and your result installs even greater confidence in me for my surgery with him in July. I like HW also but I do not have any requirement or expectation of 4500 or above.I have seen their pictures which look great. I have also seen unsatisfactory patients from them too on other forums and here so apparent no clinic can satisfy every patient they see all the time. Main thing is your happy, but by the look of your pictures now want your cake and eat it as they say.

Taskalos, I just read your comment and it worries me.

i dont think its bad for the assistants to talk a bit during the surgery. and as far as the bigger sessions, some times might turn out VERY invasive and might cause lots of trouble and depression. i had 3 strips so far so i am talking from personal experience.

Can you tell us who were your surgeries with and how large were the sessions? The scar worries me. I am aware that the larger the sessions and the more you have then greater the chances of wider scars but I do not know your history can you give me some information?

Ju

1982UK It looks like you are growing very well . I like your results at this stage for the number of grafts and the area covered . I think it will still improve over the months to come . Honestly if you said this was a 12 months post op result I would still be happy . You have a lot of new hair for 3500 grafts at 7 months .

I read the section on quality control on the Dr's site and was very impressed with his statments regarding staffing . This is a reality in all of the medical field . Staffing more than the number of techs needed is really thoughtful and proactive on his part . Fatigue and people calling in sick can affect how people work .I have never read that type of quality control description before . Good job .

The Cure: Do you have any of the links saved on H & W jobs you would consider not very good it sounds like we have different aims in the amount of grafts we were looking for now and I can tell you are a lot better informed than me prior to my surgery but I did think 3500 would cover a larger area based on the pictures I had seen.

Omy: Thanks for your comments here I was very impressed with the way the staff rotate when placing the grafts on a regular bases as not to get too tired from the intense concentration I guess the thing that really spoiled this is that they laugh and joke and talk while placing the grafts and to me this can only mean that they are not using all of this concentration on their tasks

(this being said though I hear women are good at multi tasking and they obviously did it correctly)

Edited by 1982UK

They were talking all throughout my procedure too, but I dont think this is gonna affect my outcome, I work better with music, others work better whilst talking, you dont want the techs getting bored. I'll probably go to hIS hair to get my scar filled in, dont think I would need to as i've had fue into the scar and thats starting to look good, but i'm a perfectionist, and I also wish I could turn back time.

"Try not be too dishearten though at these early results - it was not too long ago "John Malloy" was very negative towards his repair results with Dr Feller and posted how he was convinced it was unsuccessful on more than one occasion - Time aloud him to see that the results once given time do meet expectations."

Spex,

I've been quiet lately because to be quite "frank" I'm not sure what I feel about my ht with Dr. Feller. While my hair looks absoulutely wonderful in pics, unfortunately that is not the situation in person. This is why I do not post any pics. They are very misleading.

So, to be clear( I know my posts in the past may have been ambigious, but I think my post are a correlation of my result--some times it looks natural, sometimes it screams Ht)

One, Dr Feller's work was a huge improvement from my first surgery, but it did not meet my expectations. Maybe, my expectations were too high, but I just wanted my Ht to be totally undectable at ALL times. And, that is not the case. I'm not blameing this on Feller, but his "easy fix" did not achieve this goal.

Two, I have no ill will towards Dr Feller. He did improve my situation drastically. I can pull off the Ht in the right light with the right styling. This was not an option before Dr. Feller's repair. On the other hand, I can understand 1982's point of being "let down" with the results. I feel the doc may "overpromise" as in my situation, an "easy fix" to me meant my Ht would be undetectable in all situations. Especially, the way he bashed my first Ht, I just expected a little more of a result for my money.

Anyway, my intent of this post is not to start another tit for tat, but to be clear----------AS GREAT AS MY RESULT LOOKS IN PICTURES, IT DOES NOT LOOK THAT GREAT IN PERSON.

My intent is that you do not use me for promotional purposes. I may use the Doc for a small FUe session in the future, but Please be clear. The doc's work has made my Ht alot less noticable, but not undectable. And that is what I interpreted from an "easy fix"

The emporer, brickin it, off top of my head from my recent reading and others complaining about scars. No clinic can make all their patients happy all the time, such is life.*

Ju

Sparky I hadnt thought about this I guess it may not be a bad thing at all.

John thanks when I first posted this I was thinking 7 months would be pretty much it for the growth but know a bit more for the actual look of the job I must say I am amazed how natural this looks and especially considering I didnt have a hairline before

Yes, Dr Canon, Dr Olympus and Dr Pentax have produced some great results!

Guys, photos are not to be trusted! looking at my pre op photos, I appear to have thick hair, in fact its very thin and see through irl, I would strongly recommend anyone impressed by photos of a HT to try and see what several look like in the flesh, im reasonably confident they will not be so impressed. IMO The results are marginal at best and horrific at worst.

Edited by Slaps
accused of generalisation.

Slaps,

While I do happen to agree that some photos can be deceiving, many clinics take very realistic pictures showcasing their results. That said, there's no way a photo can fully capture reality since lighting conditions play a major role in how a result can appear. And this varies from room to room, inside to outside.

It's these kinds of broad generalizations that confuse new researchers. I know you're not happy with your experience, but I've talked to hundreds over the years who have been impressed with their own hair transplant in the flesh, in person, etc. Producing dense and natural looking results is clearly important, but so is a patient's expectations.

Best wishes,

Bill