3500 Grafts, Oct 09. Dr A Feller

1982UK

Now 7 months post operation- I'm actually really happy with the results so far.

My experience

After reading on this forum a few posts that said Dr feller was the one to go with, I sent a message to Spex after seeing that he handled the appointments from the UK and also some pictures it was recommended that I have 3500 grafts which would give me 3/4 density at the front and then less as it went back - I paid $13,000 and booked my flight and accommodation to New York I stayed at the Andrew hotel just round the corner from Dr Feller’s office

1. Felt like Dr Feller was passionate about what he was doing and made me feel very welcome and relaxed about the procedure.

2. Felt like everyone knew exactly what they were doing and I could tell they had done it many times before and felt like it flowed through all the stages very smoothly.

3. The grafts look very neatly placed and the shape look nicely formed and in a natural shape.

4. The whole operation was completely painless there are a few injections to numb you initially but they're no more than a scratch.

5. I felt very comfy and physically relaxed the whole day and was offered lunch, drinks and for the TV to be put on for me to watch.

6. The staff are extremely friendly and also made me feel very welcome.

7. Hairs growing in well and im hoping for a good result overall.

What I would recommend to anyone that gets it done

- Look into scalp pigmentation instead if you have a lot of hairloss I have found a good place to get this done if I decided to go this route.

There is a threads im sure everywhere full of good advice but I would add

1. Get a 'zandana' from ebay (pre shaped bandana)

2. A truckers cap with the mesh on the back

3.Also an extra pillow and I would say sleep on in a chair for a while after the staples come out not to stretch the donor area

4.Aloe vera gel for the donor and recipient area

then once the scar has formed Mederma cream (is expensive) but this will reduce the scar much better than the aloe vera as it's made specifically for the purpose.

Edited by 1982UK
At the request of topic starter

1982UK,

Welcome to our new enhanced forum and social community.

From the sounds of your experience, you experienced a positive result but just aren't thrilled with the density. As others have already said, it sometimes takes more than 1 procedure to meet your goals. I trust this was discussed with you prior to undergoing hair transplant surgery.

It would help if you posted some photos before and after surgery so we could see your result. This would also help us to advise you.

You seem pretty sure of scalp pigmentation. What research have you done on this to assure you that this is the answer? Also, you seem to be posting promotional links to this particular clinic all over this community. This is considered promotional and I have removed all instances of it. Please keep promotional links off of our forum and social community.

Whatever you decide moving forward, I think you should wait until your hair transplant matures before proceeding. More growth and thickening will come over the next 5 months or so.

I hope you'll share your photos with us and keep us posted on your results in the coming months.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you for the welcome.

The 'promotional links' were unintended as such only as a reference to the procedure im considering this is my first thread so im unsure how I could be posting promotional links to this particular clinic all over this community. , I think its a very good option and have met with 5 people that have had it done and have an appointment booked for a consultation- I dont really like the look of a shaved head but more so than a bald patch and high hairline.

I will make a page and upload the pictures I have taken from month 1 to now and post the link .

Edited by 1982UK

No not lazy at all I think they all worked very hard and are highly skilled but yes I felt they were not as focused on their tasks when Dr Feller was not in the room I also feel that he should have been present 100% of the time

(And definitely not have a prospective client scheduled for a meeting in the middle of the operation)

Edited by 1982UK

Thanks for the wishes on this,

I will wait the 18 months before deciding and look into all the options fully & upload my photos in the mean time.

Update here is the progress so far

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1672

Edited by 1982UK

i dont think its bad for the assistants to talk a bit during the surgery. and as far as the bigger sessions, some times might turn out VERY invasive and might cause lots of trouble and depression. i had 3 strips so far so i am talking from personal experience.

Tsakalos no actually quite thick hair

"The Doc feels another 2000 - 2500+ session, as large a sesison as your donor will allow safely. (donor dependant) to address the remaining areas"

Is this based on when I was there originally as since the op I seem to have thinned out from the back too

- I didnt go onto propecia so im not sure if shock loss has caused this.

Below is a picture from above and the amount I feel needs to be covered in red and also the one below this with roughly where I would be hoping to get the hairline to

So what would be required to complete it... I feel more than 3500 for the crown based on the area 3500 covered on the middle section of my head plus how many to lower the hairline to a reasonable position.

crown.jpg

hairline.jpg

Given your advanced pattern I think Dr Feller has done you proud. Possibly your expections far exceed the physical limitations of hair transplant surgery, especially in one go as Spex has mentioned. I am seeing Dr Feller for surgery in a couple of months and if I have as much growth as you at 7 months I will be very happy indeed. I bet your comments have offended Dr Feller as the result is really good in my opinion.

Honestly I think the hairline you are proposing only Armani would do... And he has a reputation that you might want to research.

Ju

Edited by The Cure

1982uk based on this name I assume that you were born in 1982 which makes you 28. Based on having aggressive hairloss before 28 meds are extremely important. Your hair doesnt stop falling out because you have a transplant. Only meds have the possiblilty to stop hairloss.

Looking at your pictures and assuming your donor (no clear pictures) I feel your hairline was appropriate and you are right on par with the number of grafts you recieve and months that you are in. It appears that you have finer therefore lowering the hairloss with your hairloss would probaly use up all your donor.

Your crown looks like a bigger area therefore you would probaly need 2500 grafts or so to thicken the area. I am only basing this on the pictures so I may be wrong.

I agree with spex.

Good luck I wish you the best,

This is only my opinion.

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

1982UK,

Based on your last couple of posts, I'd suggest your expectations are a bit unrealistic. I understand wanting a much lower hairline and extreme density, but you're a young guy with aggressive hair loss. A physician (no matter how good he/she is) can only work within the limitations of a patient's characteristics. This includes making strategic use of a finite donor supply to provide enough coverage and density in some areas to create a natural look. It looks like Dr. Feller has accomplished that for you.

No matter what you do moving forward, I hope you recognize that nothing will restore your hair to what it looked like during your high school years that is, unless you want to wear a hair system, which can provide you with the coverage and density you want. But hair replacement systems come with their own set of problems as well.

Personally, I think your hair looks great and you can certainly continue to improve it.

All the best in achieving realistic goals to get your hair back,

Bill

I thnik I can relate to 1982UK, I had a procedure about 11 months ago with Dr Feller, the results so far are pretty ok, however I have decided to go to H&W for my next procedure, why? Because I want a larger session and the photos and results from H&W are far too impressive to ignore.

Spex; Okay the 3500 graft proposal sounds good to complete the crown/ lower the hairline if I do continue on the HT route, I looked into propecia back in 2003 but this definitely isnt for me regardless of hairloss.

The Cure: Thanks for your comments on the growth I am pleased with this and would recommend Dr Feller the main reason im not wanting to have it finished by him is for a few reasons I edited out of my original post about the actual day of surgery.

Lorenzo: I'm 27.. I know that a HT doesnt stop it falling out and I think Dr Feller has done a good job im not calling this into question- im just disappointed with myself really on this regard for not looking into the area the grafts would cover towards the crown.

Bill: Thanks for the good wishes and comment on the hair, yes I can see my expectations were unrealistic, I did look into hair systems before this with advanced hair studio but this didnt seem like a real solution.

Hair care Im pleased to read this as I really feel like this re states my position,

I see looking at many of the patients the number of grafts being extracted much higher than 3500 I dont know if maybe this was the max that could be taken from my donor area or this was all Dr feller was geared up to do with the amount of staff he had on etc as this is what I had paid for before travelling over, I plan to go over in person and get an assessment on the maximum amount that can be harvested this time round.

Edited by 1982UK