Just had consultation w/ doc in maryland - have I been scammed?

Bill advised you to check out Feller, even though he never had work done with him, so there is no way he shills for him. It is just that Fellers reputation is that strong. Bill is one of the most helpful guys on this site and gives his time to "give back" to others. He will probably be around even after all his new hair has grown in and he is done with HT's forever, it is just the type of person he is. There are many others here just like him which is why I enjoy this forum so much.

Thanks nobuzz, what a nice compliment! I am glad to help! Thank you my friend! Cheers!Bill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin_It

Irishitaliangirl...

I have not received any compensation from Dr. Feller, but I can speak of first hand knowledge having had a transplant by him.

Hey, I don't get any money from anyone either!!!!!!!!

I guess when your considering a doc who cannot show you anything but his own ass versus a heavily promoted Coalition Doc, you go to the doc who cannot show you anything, right?

Let me guess, you called in to get your deposit back, and the Doc said that these forums are all one big promotion, don't believe anything you read, everyone on there is a paid rep for this surgeon or that surgeon, etc....

Yeah, I guess that is why those of us like me (Shapiro), Bill (H&W) recommend a Dr. CLOSE BY (FELLER) over our own personal choices, but one that we believe can truly help you.

Forget Spex-- he has been helping out people for a LONG TIME. It is about time he started getting paid for it.

Salt-- you are right about other forums. Not this one. There are always a few of us standing around to educate, warn, or simply call someone out if needed.

Anyway, here is some FREE, UNSOLICITED, UNPAID advice: Do what you want. Then if it doesn't work out, you can go to a Coalition Doc to fix the work. They do it every day.

Certainly hope this helped you out.

Good Luck.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by the B spot:

Anyway, here is some FREE, UNSOLICITED, UNPAID advice: Do what you want. Then if it doesn't work out, you can go to a Coalition Doc to fix the work. They do it every day.

Certainly hope this helped you out.

Good Luck.

Yp,

you can take a horse to the water but...

Sometimes people need to learn the hard way.

Actually, I called Dr. Rassael's office & cancelled the apt. after the first responses to my question. Of course, they did not refund my deposit. Since I only held the apt. date for 1 week & gave him more than 2 weeks to reschedule another procedure for that date, I asked that they refund my deposit if he was able to reschedule. The receptionist said she would have the office manager call me back. Needless to say, I am still waiting for the call & it has been a week now. I don't expect one. I don't believe this is very ethical of Dr. Rassael. However, I'm just relieved to get out of that apt. I'm very interested in the work of Dr. Epstein in Miami after looking at his work on female patients. I'm also going to keep my consultation with Dr. Vogel in Baltimore, since it is close by & he comes with good reviews. Nothing against Dr. Feller for all his fans who have responded to my question... and I appreciate all of the advice.

Irishitaliangirl,

Dr. Epstein is also a coalition doc and I'm sure he will also do a great job. I don't believe anyone was purposely trying to push Dr. Feller on you...it's just that he has just recently posted pictures of a female patient and he is somewhat close to you. I believe you will be in great hands with Dr. Epstein as well. I haven't seen that many of his patients posts...but I'm glad you are here doing the research.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

you are correct in being suspicious of this site.just as you were suspicious in the doctor that you gave the deposit to.

my advise is to take the advise of this forum and its members but only when specific doctors are not named.i have seen and noticed aspects of this forum that make it very suspicious.one being that i frequent many of the hairloss forums on a regular basis and i have seen many,many cases where people went overseas to have transplants done and saved 75 percent of what they would have paid here and the photos were fantastic,yet i have never yet seen a single member reccomend a surgen outside the usa or canada,and on many occasions have seen posters bashed for even suggesting india as a place to go for a transplant.they will bash india and make you think its in the stone age using stone age technology,yet 90 percent of these posters and taking generic versions of hairloss drugs like propecia and avodart and have no problem doing so even with the knowledge that they are always,100 percent of the time,manufactured in india.i feel there is a slight comspiricy here and a obvious intention of hiding less expencive alternatives by instilling fear that by going ouotside the circle you will be butchered.i personally have a friend who had 3000 grafts done in india and the results were amazing,outstanding,100 percent better than before.,he paid less than 2 grand and there was no tax.it was his first and based on the results and the fact hes on propecia,most certainly the last procedure he will need or want.take a look at these posters and there so called american doctor results,with the exception of a few posters,it seems like every poster here has had 2,3,4 or more surgeries.is this what should be expected of good surgens??

if you have the money im sure you can find an american doctor that is fine,but in most cases american doctors are so damn expensive,patients go for far less grafts needed,thus causing them to go back every couple years when they have money again,get opened back up,again with far less than their pockets will allow,and the trend goes on.countries like india now may offer people the true amount of grafts needed at a price they can afford and when i mention consiricy,i mention it because american doctors know this and will do all they can to make india seem like a country of the stone age,this is not true,its actually a country full of skilled technical labor,worlds leader in the production of generic drugs,and americas leader in fourtune 500 companies outsourcing jobs to because its a known fact that india is a country of well educated,ethical,hardworking people with the added benifit of being cheap labor.something we can all benifit from once all the mud slinging stops.i guess many of you dont understand because you get your info from this forum and this forum only,but one of my best friends had a procedure in india and ill tell you if i didnt see him through it, i would never know he was balding.

Guest Cousin_It

JK..

Go ahead, have a transplant in Bangladesh, then come back to the US and have it repaired! Some people never learn despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Like Judge Judy always says... STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

PS.. ever call the tech line for Dell and Microsoft, you will end up with a rep in India and be worse off then when you started, they may work cheap, but the results you get are substandard too.

Hey, while you are at it, might as well save even more, do it yourself, its not too difficult, just punch several thousand holes in your head, to match the ones you already obviously have, and pluck out hairs from the back of your head and stick them in. Instant Hair Transplant!!!

see what i mean??just the mention of india as an alternative gets their blood boiling.LOL,to get that involved and take my post so personally,you must have something involved or at stake.

noone sane responds to my post like that unless there was a deeper issue.

just google the topic and you will see that plastic surgery vacations"is what they call them"are on the rise in the USA and have many benifits as long as you do your homework and dont make any quick decisions.

over 90 percent of this forum takes generic drugs made in india on a daily basis with good results and have been doing so for years,they have no problem with this,but try to explain that the dynamics of drug manufacturing is childs play to punching holes in your head and moving one hair from here to there.

yea sure,they are the worlds leaders at generic pharma and bio enginereeing but just cant figure out how to use a .75mm punch.hmmm...ill never figure that one out.

by the way,my posts are not intended to insult american doctors,but malpractice insurance,medical school expences,tech salaries,rent just to name a few are what prevent american doctors from not doing 1 dollar grafts.thats the only reason.take all those problems away and the very best american doctors can do 1 dollar grafts and make a comfortable living.oh and the tax too.

i still cant get over the american government taxing a surgery!!!!just the savings on the tax alone will get you far in india.

Guest Cousin_It

If you feel that way then why come to this forum asking questions. There are plenty of websites in India concerning hair transplants, use them.

As far as drugs, that is government regulated in India, hair transplant doctors are not. Any doctor, even a proctologist can do hair transplants without any training.

I also post on several sites, what I see is directly the opposite of what you are saying, non US transplant clinics cannot do the refined results that are available here. So go ahead, pack your bags and have it done, its your head.

oh and by the way,i didnt even mention a doctor.now to say just said doctor is indian,or how about brown,they are not capable??how about they must be corrupt??the equiptment is obviously there,so just what is it that makes it impossible?? racisim???because when you respond like that when i didnt even mention a specific doctor,racism is the only answer i can come up with for your responce.

Guest Cousin_It

Racism has nothing to do with it, we have an excellent Indian doctor affiliated with the Coalition, Dr.Rahal, he is highly recommended.

Just because you have the equiptment doesn't mean you can use it properly. There is no point in arguing this issue with you, you are set on having a tranplant in India, go ahead.

YOUR SUSPICIOUS?????

Who cares, buddy!!!!!

I have followed your posts over on HLH and your the suspicious person here.

Quite frankly, I care that you are basing your potential HT on cost alone and anyone that points out that a serious drop off in results CAN occur more frequently in India, China, etc... you attack them!!!!

I really do not care for your tone or the manner in which you address a respected member of this site.

You want to go overseas and get a HT?

Good Luck! I hope it works for you.

Now, if you do not stop pushing India off on this site, (BTW, I think you are working for Poswal, at this point) I will turn your ass over to Pat, and he can just toss you off the site.

Your crossing the line here, so watch it.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by jackkelly:

oh and by the way,i didnt even mention a doctor.now to say just said doctor is indian,or how about brown,they are not capable??how about they must be corrupt??the equiptment is obviously there,so just what is it that makes it impossible?? racisim???because when you respond like that when i didnt even mention a specific doctor,racism is the only answer i can come up with for your responce.

I think you throwing out the "Race card" is typical. When you have no facts on your side, accuse your opponent of racisim. Cousin_It never said Indian doctors were not capable and where did the brown come from? Seems like your the hater here so take your race card and shove it!

Who the hell would fly half way around the world and take a chance on a unregulated doctor unless price was there only concern. What if you did go to India and then had a complication, fly back again????? Ask some guys who got butchered and now have to face expensive repair work about price!!!

Feel free to attack this forum, you will end up showing further your ignorance.

NoBuzz

jackkelly,

I'll take a slightly different approach here and try to convince you (not that I feel a need to do it, just a desire to) that this site is here to help people. We direct people toward the coalition docs not because there aren't any good docs in other parts of the world...it's just that many of these docs are unknown. The coalition docs have proven themselves to use the latest techniques and have consistently provided positive results. Certainly there are other docs out there that probably provide positive results, and I for one am always willing to keep an open mind.

I'm not sure where you are going with the racism card or the insults and frankly, it's ridiculous. You are talking to members of this forum who have been devoted (some for years) to helping patients make the best decision for them. Most people here are patients who do not get paid or compensated by ANY doctors by mentioning their names. So your suspicions seem unwarranted. If you'd like to further discuss your "case", please refrain from pointless accusations and plead your case intelligently and politely.

Thanks,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jackkelly:

I am in Dubai, UAE. I am in a good position to take advantage of a doctor in India or Thailand because that is more convenient for me than to travel back to the US. Can you give me the name of your friends doctor in India? Or any other recommendations I may pursue over here.

Jackjackjps@charter.net

Jack, I think Armani has a clinic in Dubai....

While I normally would not recommend him like this, in that part of the world, he would be your best choice for a HT.

I would suggest doing a consult with them before you consider any other Thailand/India work. Armani is technically sound and performs quality work.

Good Luck!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Armani is technically sound and performs quality work.

I like that quote...especially the use of the word "technically" because that describes Armani well.

I agree with B Spot...if you insist on getting an HT in India or Thailand, he is your best bet...however, I strongly recommend that you don't let location determine who you go to see. Some people travel very far from all parts of the world to see certain world class doctors. It might be a long trip, but a long trip and a successful surgery will be much better than feeling insecure for the rest of your life by a job not done to quality.

Bill

Sheesh............I've been busy lately and unable to post as much and look at all the fireworks and 'citement I been missin' icon_biggrin.gif.

jackkelly- If you've really been lurking on this site for awhile, it's hard for me to believe you went away "suspicious" of our intentions. It's really pretty basic......the site was created to help those suffering hair loss.....period. We do have recommended surgeons and an elite group of Coalition Physicians who we refer to as the "best of the best".

This site was founded by a fellow hair loss sufferer who lives in the United States. So, naturally, the site started with surgeons in this area and has been developing from there. As has been mentioned, our Coalition Surgeons recommended here include members outside the United States as well. I, for one, am excited when I learn of another competent surgeon who may be qualified to join the ranks of what we believe are the best in the industry.............I'm sure the vast majority of our membership is with me on this. Our goal is to help those experiencing loss........if a person chooses to have a Hair Transplant, we're all better off to have as broad a base as possible from which to draw on for recommendations..........no matter where they come from.

If you have information regarding physicians unknown to us here, please share it for the benefit of us all and anyone who may come here for help in the future.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

I apologize for only just today catching up with this thread/topic. If ever there was an issue that is universal and cuts across all boundaries, classes and races it is hair loss.

The members of this forum focus on helping others get the best treatments and physicians no matter where they are and no matter what their color, religion or country.

I would love to find an outstanding hair transplant physician in India who I could confidently recommend. Unfortunately I have yet to have found such a physician.

One physician in India who is well known due to his self promotion on the forums did look interesting. But when I found out he had used another physician's patient photos on his website he lost all credibility. After all, how can you ever trust a physician/person who would do such a thing?

Perhaps some day we will identify a physician/clinic in India who has a proven reputation for providing excellent results. If you feel you know of one please send me an email at pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com with the physician's info. He can be blue, green, purple, brown or white as long as he, she or it is ethical and does outstanding hair transplant surgery.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

He can be blue, green, purple, brown or white as long as he, she <span class="ev_code_RED">or it</span> is ethical and does outstanding hair transplant surgery.

Would you consider a qualified caveman for the surgery?

The preceding question was brought to you by your friends at Geico.

caveman_photo.jpg

Hair Transplantation: So easy, a caveman can do it!

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600