propecia&minox progress

waittosee

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Waittosee for documenting the effects of the two meds. It looks like a ht is no longer needed. It's good you look the approach you did by waiting for the meds' effectiveness on you.

I think you gave a lot of people suffering with hair loss hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I hit these pages. I'm happy to report though nothing cosmetically took a turn for the worse, everything seems to be holding up. The regimen stays same aswell. (1/4 Proscar everyday+minoxidil back&front twice a day). Though, I dropped nioxin for some months now.

I'll try to post some updates soon.

Cheers...

dude is this for real? the picture before you started meds and had a shaved head is DRASTICALLY different than the hair you have now. Even There websites don't show results as good as these. I don't know why youd lie about it though because if your job was to sell propecia and minoxidil that would suck ass and your a tool. so your regrowth is bad ass dude. as a judgemental person, you have no balding now or atleast your pictures make it appear that way. bad ass regrowth

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Jupiter:

dude is this for real? the picture before you started meds and had a shaved head is DRASTICALLY different than the hair you have now. Even There websites don't show results as good as these. I don't know why youd lie about it though because if your job was to sell propecia and minoxidil that would suck ass and your a tool. so your regrowth is bad ass dude. as a judgemental person, you have no balding now or atleast your pictures make it appear that way. bad ass regrowth

Yes, that's realicon_smile.gif I still see the good results I have seen so far. I don't know about the web sites or others but my experience with these meds has been just great.

P.S. I don'think Merck or Pfizer really need my to help to sell their meds. Wish they would use my results, I'd be filthy rich overnighticon_smile.gif)

Good luck with your transplant...

waittosee -

Again - the best results for meds I've EVER seen. Very encouraging to all the twentysomethings on here considering a HT I would think.

Thanks so much for posting your updates - enjoy your hair!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by HT55:

Waittosee,

At what point did you see your regrowth begin to level off and stop ?

I have also had excellent results from foam and proscar and was wondering at what point I will have experienced all of the regrowth I am going to get.

Thanks

Hi HT55,

It's really hard to say when you'll get the all results since it changes person to person greatly. I think though I got the results from minoxidil pretty fast and ended in 4 months perhaps. Proscar on the other hand should be at least 12 months to see all results.

Again, I have started these two at the same time, that's why I can't tell exactly how much I benefited from which med and when. Hope this answers your question..

Hi Waittosee:

Your pictures are truly hope-inspiring.

Couple of questions:

1. How bad was the preliminary shed and if you experienced shedding, how long till the re-growth started?

2. ANY side effects? Sexual or physical appearance?

Thanks!

Hi waittosee -

Truly amazagin results!

Can you share some of your best practices with us? such as..

1) I believe you use Minox all over your head, so do you still use only 1ml, or do you use 2 ml (1 ml on crown & 1 ml on front/top)?

2) I believe you use it twice a day.. At what times in the morning and evening do you use it? & How long do you keep it before washing it off (if you wash it off)?

3) How often do you miss a dose?

4) What was longest time you went by without applying in between (some people just take a break from it, like for a week or two)?

5) Do you have severe hairloss history on either side of your parents?

I think your experience will help lot of people here..

Thanks... Happy growing!

KG

Originally posted by Curious_George:

Hi Waittosee:

Your pictures are truly hope-inspiring.

Couple of questions:

1. How bad was the preliminary shed and if you experienced shedding, how long till the re-growth started?

2. ANY side effects? Sexual or physical appearance?

Thanks!

Hi George,

1.) My hair was very short when i started meds and kept it so for couple of months. Though hard to say I don't believe I had a frightening shed at all, moderate at best. Regrowth started within a month.

2.) No side effects so far other than some unwanted facial hair increase around brows and under eyes, could be related to other factors aswell such as getting old, hot weather..

Originally posted by kg007:

Hi waittosee -

Truly amazagin results!

Can you share some of your best practices with us? such as..

1) I believe you use Minox all over your head, so do you still use only 1ml, or do you use 2 ml (1 ml on crown & 1 ml on front/top)?

2) I believe you use it twice a day.. At what times in the morning and evening do you use it? & How long do you keep it before washing it off (if you wash it off)?

3) How often do you miss a dose?

4) What was longest time you went by without applying in between (some people just take a break from it, like for a week or two)?

5) Do you have severe hairloss history on either side of your parents?

I think your experience will help lot of people here..

Thanks... Happy growing!

KG

Hi kg007

1.) I still use 2 ml (1 ml on crown & 1 ml on front/top)

2.) I don' have certain times. In the morning around 8:30 after shower and anytime I want at nights, some nights I do it even right before I go to bed.

3.) I'd say 2-3 times in a month for minoxidil and almost never for propecia, can't remember the last time I missed one.

4.) I don'take breaks, don't remember missing two applications in a row, I do it religiously indeed. I love my hairicon_smile.gif

5.) My father side has hairloss history unfortunately.

All the best, cheers...

Thanks WTS!!

How long do you keep the rogaine on before washing it off (if you wash it off)? I am thinking about using rogaine in near future, but unfortunately I have to work early in the morning... So I was thinking about getting up at around 5 am, apply it and let it sit for 2 hours.... then take shower and wash it off before heading to work..

At night, I would apply it and keep it on all night.

KG