propecia&minox progress

waittosee

waittosee,

Thanks for sharing these awesome photos! Your reaction to the medications is extremely positive and reminds me of my first reactions to them back when I first started taking them in 98 or so.

***DONT DO WHAT I DID***

which is get complacent with my new regrowth and stop using them. After I saw the astounding results I got, no one ever told me that I had to STAY on them to keep my results. What a shock! Within 5 months, maybe less, I was back to square one. Believe me, it is much harder to grow it back again after you've shed it that second time.

Keep up your regimen and keep us updated on your progress! You're back in business, baby!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Waitosee,

Your results are simply amazing. I'm surprised by how much regrowth you got in your hairline with Propecia/minoxidil.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

IMO there aren't enough pics posted with before and after progress for Propecia (and Minox). Great post! The results are nothing short of amazing.

Those of you younger posters/lurkers considering a HT.........seeing these results would prompt me to seriously consider trying this non-surgical alternative before jumping in the HT chair.

Waitosee - thanks for sharing your progress.............these are the BEST results I think I've ever seen.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We'll its good to see someone has one the lottery!

The best that most people can hope for is to slow down their hair loss - you have got amazing growth my friend!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

I thought that my results were really good but yours are outstanding.

After 1 year do you still have hair regrowth ! ? ! I have read here that after 1 year you will fully see the results of propecia but I always thought that after that you just keep your hair and you do not regrowth anymore.

I am in my 10th month of propecia. Right now Im satisfied with my results but after looking at your pics I might have a chance to get even better !

Im 26 and just like everybody else here I wished really much that I would have started taking propecia when I all started when I was 23 ...

Hey Waittosee,

Ive been on propecia for 19 days and I see regrowth everywhere....my hairline is growing, and the view of my scalp is decreasing...Question, i believe I was thinning very badly causing me to look bald. Is it true that propecia will grow any hair as long as it is not completely lost?. Your results are so amazing, and Im glad it worked out for you. Seeing your results makes me siked for great results to come for me. Maybe its because were younger...Im 28. anyway, thanks for sharing...good luck for both of us! >Mike

Mikie,

I am 28 too and I got new hairs sprouted all over the head including the hairline within one and half month of using Finasteride. Now I am 4 months old using finasteride and those hairs are really growing. It is true that it works well on young guys. It normally stops the hairloss. But few will regrow hair. I guess you are also coming into the few lucky fellows category. Congrats and all the best.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

well, thanks for kind words y'all.

After 1 year do you still have hair regrowth ! ? ! I have read here that after 1 year you will fully see the results of propecia but I always thought that after that you just keep your hair and you do not regrowth anymore.

Hey tronxz, I really don't know if i'm growing more or not, at this point it's really hard to tell anything, though i still have small dark hairs coming up around hairline but it seems to me they don't really grow, maybe they will by time.

Question, i believe I was thinning very badly causing me to look bald. Is it true that propecia will grow any hair as long as it is not completely lost?

I think technically speaking, as long as the follicule is alive it has a chance to grow back like it used to be provided continuous treatment with propecia, minoxidil etc.

By the by most of the hair came back in 2 month period, so I'm thinking I have responded to minoxidil well rather than propecia, because 2 month usage of propecia is really not enough to see any results like this as far as i know.

all the best...

Thanks for your reply waittosee. I am currently not taking minoxidil. i heard that minoxidil sometimes causes thinning, while taking propecia. Have you heard of this? Also where do I get Minoxidil, and how do you aply it.?

Originally posted by Mikie:

Thanks for your reply waittosee. I am currently not taking minoxidil. i heard that minoxidil sometimes causes thinning, while taking propecia. Have you heard of this? Also where do I get Minoxidil, and how do you aply it.?

hey mikie,

on the contrary, i have heard that you have a better chance of regrowing hair when propecia and minoxidil used together. if you are referring to initial thinning/shedding phase, that's to be expected. you can buy minoxidil pretty much everywhere; at your local drugstore, internet, walmart, even ebay. there are ample instructions in the package about how to use it. for more information do a quick research at this website, good luck, all the best...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Stevo32:

Nice to see someone getting good results.

Though the minoxidil you're using, is it 1 or 5 % ??

Sorry for the late reply. I use minoxidil 5% twice a day 2mm at a time. 1mm for crown and midscalp, 1mm frontal, temples and hairline. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

waittosee,

You have the best regrowth from meds I have ever seen. Im sure I don't have to tell you this but hang on to that minoxidil for dear life! The minoxidil bottle is your friend icon_smile.gif

WTS-

We're all envious......................bar none, that's THE BEST I've seen when it comes to regrowth from meds. Have fun stylin' that hair!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ! Your results are really awesome. I could not have imagined such amount of growth from a medicine. I am now really going to hang onto to propecia medication with more determination and hope.

Keep up the good work !

Originally posted by Anant:

Wow ! Your results are really awesome. I could not have imagined such amount of growth from a medicine. I am now really going to hang onto to propecia medication with more determination and hope.

Keep up the good work !

Thank you for kind words guys, I call this the illusion of the medication. I think this stuff only buys you some time and IMO medication hair is not as good as real hair or transplanted hair for that matter, texture feels a tad different and more importantly most of them don't grow any longer after 2 inches, some especially on and around the hairline don't grow even up to 2 inches, I'm ok as long as I keep my hair short i guess. Nonetheless, I'm one of the luckiest of the unluckiest guys out there and I'm very grateful that this stuff works on me just fine without any sides.

Quick question, how would you guys rate the degree of my hairloss on a Norwood scale both based on the before any medication and after 16-month-old pictures? Thanks for the replies in advance.

Hi waittosee,

Its hard to believe that you consider yourself unlucky, but I can understand that because of your amazing growth you are a slave to the bottle (and propecia) in order to keep what you have. I woul'dve considered you to be a NW3-NW3.5 before treatment and no MPB after treatment.

Because you seem to respond to medications the best, I think we will all urge you to stay on Propecia/Rogaine to see how long you can keep your medicated hair.

Good luck waittosee, and keep posting those pics.

Originally posted by JakeVig:

Hi waittosee,

Its hard to believe that you consider yourself unlucky, but I can understand that because of your amazing growth you are a slave to the bottle (and propecia) in order to keep what you have. I woul'dve considered you to be a NW3-NW3.5 before treatment and no MPB after treatment.

Because you seem to respond to medications the best, I think we will all urge you to stay on Propecia/Rogaine to see how long you can keep your medicated hair.

Good luck waittosee, and keep posting those pics.

Hi JakeVig,

I actually meant everybody who has to suffer from hairloss by being unlucky then again I'm lucky to respond medication and it's very true as you put it that I'm slave to this medication till the next breakthrough whatever it may be. I'll keep posting new pictures in the future. All the best...

• 1 month later...

Hi waittosee,

Your hair looks just great. I am in the same position as you were in the beginning. Are you experiencing any kind of side-effect with using Propecia? I have heard of many sexual side effects with Propecia. Is it true?

Can I get the same kind of result using jst Minoxidil?

Keep positing your pics.

Are you experiencing any kind of side-effect with using Propecia? I have heard of many sexual side effects with Propecia. Is it true?

I can't say I have experienced any side effects really from Propecia other than perhaps increased body hair, though it might just be my wild imagination, people tend to get more body hair as they age afterall.

Can I get the same kind of result using jst Minoxidil?

Highly unlikely since they work in different ways. What you can do though is you can start using minoxidil for 4 months then see if the result is good enough for you if not add propecia to your regimen and re-evaluate your situation after 12 months to see whether or not you want to keep your regimen. Hope this helps, good luck.

• 8 months later...

I have added some new pictures showing what my hair look like today for those who are interested. Suppose, there is not much difference between today and 6 or 12 months ago. I might have lost just a tad or not. I'm still trying to keep my regimen that's 1.25mg Proscar, minoxidil twice a day both front and back each 1ml and Nioxin everyday. Cheers...