A phantom's story: my HT experience and plan - Dr. Feller to remove my mask?

dhuge67

Thanks hairbank!

This will be resolved within 2008, I am confident of that. I'm curious to hear what the doc will say his plan is for the hairline. That's the major issue right now.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by the B spot:

Good to see you D!

Glad your getting to take care of your situation my man!!!

Dr. Feller will fix you up--- put some density behind that hairline and correct it for you.

Keep in touch!!!!

Jason

Can I see pics of your progress?

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

dhuge,

Did you write the poem in your signature? Just wondering. i can be a bit of a poet myself sometimes. Though I've always tended to write more when I am sad and/or feeling depressed.

I am glad to see you are seeking the help you want in hair restoration surgery. I know Dr. Feller will treat you like Gold.

Bill

Bill, I wish I could take credit but those are lyrics from a song called "Buffalo" by Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. Great American rock band, by the way.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewA...&s=143441&i=64809276

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by dhuge67:

I started using Nizoral tonight, by the way. I bought a 6-month supply of Rogaine...but how bad would it be if I were on it for 6-8 months and then had to go cold-turkey because of OCS? Is it even worth using if I do that?

I think starting and then stopping Rogaine would be a big mistake. Your hair will get dependent on it and then when you stop you'll have a massive shed.

Originally posted by spoon:
Originally posted by dhuge67:

I started using Nizoral tonight, by the way. I bought a 6-month supply of Rogaine...but how bad would it be if I were on it for 6-8 months and then had to go cold-turkey because of OCS? Is it even worth using if I do that?

I think starting and then stopping Rogaine would be a big mistake. Your hair will get dependent on it and then when you stop you'll have a massive shed.

Well...shit. Okay, I guess I can send it back because OCS isn't taking a backseat to hair. Country first, hair....somewhere really far down the line.

I mean, yeah it REALLY SUCKS, but I won't stop life because of it.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

yeah, I agree with you. Loosing hair sucks, but I remind myself it happens to millions of guys. not that that makes it easier because everyone deals with it differently. but I find it eats at my confidence more the more I let it. not sure that makes sense. anyway, I have my priorities too. just got married, bought a house, a car, trying to save for future, maybe kids...so a hair transplant is a little down the list, but important as well because I am a firm believer in 'you only live once'. everything does happen for a reason.

just a few years back I recently laid off a job I loved, in debt, recently single and loosing my hair, and becoming quite depressed due to all those things....things have really turned around, but still loosing my hair haha. in other words, there are many more things in life that bring happiness. I put a lot of the credit for me getting out of the dumps on the book 'The power of positive thinking' by Norman Vincent Peale. It really got me out of my slump, that seemed to me like it would last forever.

If you are in State College, PA you are about a 5 hour drive to Dr. Feller. He will carefully exam you and provide a candid realistic analysis of your options.

BTW, I enjoyed my 4 years in Happy Valley. However,the football team was much better when I attended PSU.

Good luck!

Hey DHuge,

You really suit the shaved head look my friend and the dermatch looks the part too. If its the scar that worries you, ever considered a tatooed along the lines of Jamie Fox? Would complement the military look. Either way you will be sorted come next yr.

Best of luck.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

hey d,

i just had my procedure with dr. feller. i too went to a bad HT doc for the 1st one Dr. Joseph Karamikian, and Dr. Feller planted into my hairline between the minigrafts as well as into my crown. I will be posting pics here soon.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

great post this dhuge67

its a shame though there are so many people seeking corrective surgery in this day and age.

i hope you achieve your desired result this time round.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result