Hairstyles after surgery

I'm just wondering who here has had a dramatic change in their hairstyles after a HT, when I say "after" I mean a good 18 months afterwards

One of the reasons I ask is that HT is an "art" where an illusion is happening to make it looks like you have more hair than you have.

Check out this photo. After a HT, would this even be possible?

Long Hair Style

This probably not achievable.

Or the Owen Wilson Look

owen wilson look

So after a HT, do most of you stick with one style and that's it?

Again, If I'm being outlandish with my expectations, please bring me back down to earth =)

I'm just wondering who here has had a dramatic change in their hairstyles after a HT, when I say "after" I mean a good 18 months afterwards

One of the reasons I ask is that HT is an "art" where an illusion is happening to make it looks like you have more hair than you have.

Check out this photo. After a HT, would this even be possible?

Long Hair Style

This probably not achievable.

Or the Owen Wilson Look

owen wilson look

So after a HT, do most of you stick with one style and that's it?

Again, If I'm being outlandish with my expectations, please bring me back down to earth =)

Although I'm no expert as I haven't had an HT yet.. I'd say it just really depends on how much native hair you have left. I really do think a style like Owen's can be acheived if you have a good amount left on the top and crown, and are just replacing the front...

I don't know.. but I don't think anyone is really limited to one style. A guy I work with had a HT (almost positive) and he wears the slicked back look... it looks terrible. So I wouldn't opt for that.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

I believe Owen Wilson has either had a hair tranplant or wears a hair system. There is a reason his hair is always covering his forhead and you never seem him getting it wet and pulled back in his movies. He has a very large forhead due to balding and thats why he styles it that way.

Hair styles after a hair transplant depend simply on the amount of hair you had before and the amount of hair you have after your surgery. If you were a NW6 and received 2500 grafts then you are pretty limited in what is possible. Simply, the more hair you get relative to the amount of loss then the more you can do once the result is mature.

For me, being a NW6+ AND a repair patient I feel very fortunate to have the options I have now. I feel that patients like me, with extensive loss and likewise extensive reconstruction, have "sweetspots" for hair length. What I mean is that the hair seems thicker at some lengths and thinner at other lengths.

Here is my hair at it's longest since my surgeries.

244.JPG

?nggpage=4

246.JPG

247.JPG

248.JPG

So, yes you can grow it long and have different hair styles but the question should be to ask if it will look good or not and that is where the amount of hair moved is key.

Here is my hair shorter again and lightened significantly...

261.JPG

260.JPG

258.JPG

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey Jontronic,

You look great with longer hair...

The 3rd picture is interesting to me.

Obviously it looks good, but I have to ask one minor question icon_smile.gif Again this is me being a perfectionist and my expectations are off the roof.

The 3rd picture, I see a bit of "emptiness" in the temple region. Any thought of getting that filled in anymore? I suggest not, but just something I kinda noticed.

Thanks guys.

AZN,

No plans to fill my temples. To do so would require hairline lowering as well to keep a proper balance for my profile. That would take more grafts than even I have lefticon_wink.gif

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

goddam joe you look pimp. the hair looks great.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

here's a recent shot of me with longer hair 18+months post-op. the quality of the hair is finally starting to defrizz making this style possible for me....

Photo_1.jpg.c79ccee9a4e48a9418aa1657b2cb733b.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Good question on different hairstyles and I'd have to fully agree with Jotronic in that there is an 'ideal' length. If it's too short, you don't get the layering effect, if too long, it gets weighted down and less manageable. It will of course vary for each person and how much native hair they had to begin with and how good the Hair Transplant is.

The Owen Wilson look is certainly something many can pull off, but without density and strong temples. Otherwise, it would take soooo much hairspray to hold everything in place. The fear would be some wind coming along and exposing receding temples, thinning spots - hairline or crown - making others believe that the hairsytle was not done by 'choice', but by requirement to 'cover something up' or worse yet - a comb-over look.

I've certainly been impressed with photos lately that show some extremely modern hairstyles, without having to utilize 'Armani' levels of grafts.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog