Minoxinil and dizziness

Nash

Has anyone here ever had any dizziness with minoxinil? I want to start using it but am a little worried about this side effect.

I will be using 5% regaine (rogaine).

Plus i shave my head with the clippers with the guard off - will that make any difference?

No I have tried rogaine but stopped using because it was messy and I got a badly irritated and flakey scalp.

Yes, one of the side effects is dizziness but it is fairly rare and in fact I don't really ever hear that as one that many people encounter.

Shaving your head will just help to insure that there is proper coverage. Should increase odds of its effectiveness.

Can I ask why you shave and still use rogaine--do you just want options?

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

THIS IS TOTALLY FREAKY I SWEAR....

i read this post in the afternoon and wasnt gonna respond cause i only been on minoxidil for about 1 month, didnt think it was worth posting cause i just started it

so out of no where im thinking about this post and im like i never had any dizzyness AND BOOM I FELT DIZZYNESS...

freaky...

so im not sure if my brain took is psycologically and it made myself dizzy or it was the minoxidil...

again i guess ill get back to you in 2-3 days and tell you if i have any further dizzyness...

and my dizzyness level was mediocre, i was able to walk fine but i felt lightheaded and things were moving but i was able to go where i wanted to

Hi

I shave my head cos it hides it better i think - it seems to be the way to go in England as well - most men who are thinning go for the shave off option.

Yeah, doesn't sound like it is a problem, the dizziness - have looked thru the forums and on the net and can't find any people complaining of it - i do sometimes get a blood pressure drop when i stand up after squatting for a while see, and didn't know if it would aggravate this.

Tisab - it does sound like a coincidence, maybe it was for anotgher reason, or purely pychosomatic?

Everyone reacts differently from these drugs. Most of the time it is only temporary until the body adjusts. If it continues you may have to drop it. At least speak to your doctor about it and see what he says.

• 1 year later...

I've been using generic minoxidil 5% for about a month now. From the start it has made me dizzy. As I write this my head is really spinning...the worst ever. I put it on about an hour ago. I think I will get one of those blood pressure tools to check and see if that may be the case. If it is, there are ways nutritionally to counter that problem such as eating something salty. Life is one big experiment

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Haironbald:

I'm using minoxidil(5%) for 1 year. I observed facial hair on the cheeks but I never felt dizzyness.

I have been using Minoxodil intermittently for 2 years now. Yes, hair on the cheeks seems to be a big side effect, some dizziness on rare occasions and hair growth on shoulders. I must pluck the hair on the cheeks every 4 to 5 days as the hair grows back quite quickly. It might be the lazy rinse after application that is causing all of this.