any nba fans here?

I started a thread a while back regarding basketball player Manu Ginobli of the Spurs and how I thought he had a recent hair transplant in the frontal area. Been watching the pre season games the past couple of days and noticed how Cuttino Mobley of the Clippers have a much denser hair supply in the frontal area this year. Towards the Playoffs last year, his frontal area was thinning pretty bad, and being the team's best free throw shooter, the camera focuses on him a lot at the foul shot line. This year, during the pre season, his hair was or appeared to be completly full with absolutly no sign of balding at all. I know that hair of different races can cover bald spots in different ways, but his current coverage was just so different from last year's playoff, anybody else noticed it?

no...i haven't noticed any change of hair density on Kaman, but you are right he does need some work done soon.

scientist: if you noticed that he's thinning in the past, watch him this year...it's a dramatic change. His current hair do shows absolutly no sign of baldness even in hi-def broadcasts. I'm pretty sure he's had some work done.

Hi

Yup, Van gundy was the worst.. With the money these guys make you figure they could find a good doc.. I think someone said he had he plugs rremoved.. Havent seen him lately .. He need ahellofa more work done that hair haha.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi

Yup, Van gundy was the worst.. With the money these guys make you figure they could find a good doc.. I think someone said he had he plugs rremoved.. Havent seen him lately .. He need ahellofa more work done that hair haha.

Mrjb, I posted that Van Gundy had them removed, he is completely bald except his wreath and the scars are not visible from where the plugs were. I saw him on TV doing NBA color commentary for one of the networks. Maybe the TV executives told him those plugs had no future in TV icon_biggrin.gif! Maybe he should follow in Marv Alberts footsteps and get a toup, he just does not look good bald.

NoBuzz

• 1 year later...

I kinda wonder if steve nash didn't have some work done, a few years ago it looked like he was loosing it up front and now his hair looks a lot better. If he did it was probably fue, I remember him shaving his head in the offseason two years ago.

I haven't followed Nash's career as much until the last 4 years when he started playing really well. I do remember seeing him with a buzzed look, but he grew it back out to how he wears it today. Even when you look at the way his hair is now, it still shows that he has a higher hairline, but not necessarily receeding or thinning.

Mobley's work looks pretty good, other than the huge scar on the back of his head. He's not ashamed of the HT either, it's shaved really short in the back. Probably didn't get the tri-closure method.

I dont think Nash had work done but if he did, it is undetectable. You are right he did shave down over the summer though.

Van Gundy, who had bad plugs, must have had them removed with no further work. I will say there is no scarring evident.

In another sport NFL - retired QB, Steve Young of ESPN is getting thin on top, he cut his hair shorter and combs it forward.

Speaking of ESPN, Karl Ravech wears a piece. Chris Berman looks decent sometimes when his concealers are applied, he should just get a good HT.

NoBuzz

Yes,

I noticed Van Gundy had them removed. It is a shame, these guys have unlimited money and if they just did a bit of research they could get their hair back. I tell you , some doctor is really missing the boat and needs some sales guys for this market

I volunteer, to make 15% commission !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yea, I noticed Cuttino was thinning on the crown big time last hear, but I didn't see him this year. I've also noticed Manu Ginobli had a bald spot in the back, but he's managed to comb over it I guess. With other players theres so many bald players that its hard to know who's doing it for style or out of real balding, lool.

• 4 weeks later...

noticed cuttino's head today and saw the scar. Looked like an HT scar to me... but very pronounced and too wide for a millionaire to sport. you'd think he went to a top doctor. we'll see how he looks in february.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Ya, I'm a Knick fan, unfortunately.

Even more unfortunate that I have to watch total jokers like Starbury who have perfectly intact manes shave to a cueball; and disgraces like Isiah be 40yearold, perfect NW1s.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

About chris kaman,I worked with his dad leroy for years until he retired 2 years ago and it is to bad for chris that if he doesn't do anything about his hair it is going to look bad pretty soon.He must get his hair from his mother pams side of the family cause chris' dad brother michael and all of leroys brothers and father have really thick hair.Oh well at least when he needs to fix-it $$$ won't be problem...

Dr Hasson 2-08