it was a great day

vocor1

Today was the first day that I looked in the mirror and said, "man, my hair looks pretty darn good".

Damn that has been a long time coming. A lifetime. Well, all my 20s.

A little hair spray, the right length and direction. Pretty cool. Not hard to maintain at all, though.

Not perfect, rock star hair. Far from it. And some room for modest improvement, which I will pursue.

It's a little funny how this changes things. How everything in your life changes. I know it is attitude, and not just hair. It is just that little extra push.

I guess I'm lucky. I'm really glad I found this site. I am not the same person in many ways.

I just want people to know that I know that sometimes things don't work out with HTs, but it can work out. It can change everything that means anything to you. I know it is stupid, but it is true.

I won't bore you with the details. I think I've said what I wanted to.

Who else has had a feeling like this? Like the huge fxcking anchor you've been carrying your whole life is gone now?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Today was the first day that I looked in the mirror and said, "man, my hair looks pretty darn good".

A little hair spray, the right length and direction. Pretty cool. Not hard to maintain at all, though.

Not perfect, rock star hair. Far from it. And some room for modest improvement, which I will pursue.

It's a little funny how this changes things. How everything in your life changes. I know it is attitude, and not just hair. It is just that little extra push.

I guess I'm lucky. I'm really glad I found this site. I am not the same person in many ways.

I just want people to know that I know that sometimes things don't work out with HTs, but it can work out. It can change everything that means anything to you. I know it is stupid, but it is true.

Who else has had a feeling like this? Like the huge fxcking anchor you've been carrying your whole life is gone now?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

That is the exactly the same message I want to post in a year from now!

Welldone.

So far I'm on Fin/Min/Niz and have been for over 2 months now.

I take it you got a HT? Where abouts was this and what was the prices? Was the doctor good and were you a norwood 2/3? how old are you?

thanks....

bcvbc

bcvbc

Guys: Thanks for the kind words. I know you all feel similarly! And you know what I'm talking about. It is very liberating.

Of course, the irony is that I will look to pursue an FUE session still. The way I look at it is that the 1st HT did most of the "grunt work", meaning that I got a large # of FUs to erase the awkwardness that was there. Now it is time to fine tune it a bit with a very few FUs. That seems to be more a "want" than a "need" each day. I'm getting ingrown hairs again on my scalp.

vbcbc: My HT was 2205 FUs with Dr Rose at Shapiro Medical. I paid $7200 plus airfare & hotel. It was $4 an FU, but they got more out and didn't charge me.

I'm 29. I consider Dr Rose one of the top doctors in the country.

I was NW4A and now I'm NW2. My hairline is conservative. I'm fine with that because the improvement is still so dramatic in my book. I want my hair to "stand the test of time", meaning, it would not look weird when I am much older. Almost all men have hairloss. Mild hairloss is fine with me. "Weird" hairloss is not.

Take care all. I'm wondering how much regrowth I still have left. Looks/feels like it is still coming in now 7 months post op. Wonderful.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

vocor1,

congrats on your 1st HT and your new sense of being!!

a few questions: which doc do you plan on having FUE done with? also, how many FUE grafts do you want?

Hey Vocor

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling good about yourself...I am sure you looked great before, but there is nothing like that feeling of knowing you look pretty darn good. I myself, have not felt that way in several months, but I look forward to that day again.

I just wanted to thank you for always being a "positive" poster. Good things happen to good people. I dont have to know you too personally to know that you deserve to feel good about yourself.

Take Care, and enjoy!! icon_smile.gif

Jenn

hey vocor, I had atransplant with DR> ROSE on april 2002. I had 2200 grafts done,wait till the 12th month it gets better and better.all I can say is DR> ROSE is a master. my hairline is so natural looking and the density and fullness is there.Ihad another 1870 grafts done on my crown on april of this year.I'm a NW6 and very happy where my hairline was placed some of the pictures I have seen done by other doctors the hairlines were too high.

Mr T: thanks bud. Please share your info with as many people as you feel comfortable with. Let other people know how it "really is" is worth so much . . .

Jenn-24: thanks for the kind words. Do you get the feeling that there is just so much more to explore out there? What a shame it would be not to do everything you can to make sure you see and experience more of what is good and what is right for you. And your truism rings true for you as well -- I know everything will work out well for you.

mehani: Bud, I got special thanks for you because you helped me make a very good doctor decision through reading your posts. Dr Rose has been a professional throughout this whole process. I will seriously consider other top docs for the second procedure -- the courtesy I pay here is that it in no way reflects anything negative on Dr Rose. I have personal reasons why I think seeing another doctor will serve me better.

Aloha from the mainland. I'm really glad that you are so happy with your procedures and you are getting the look you wanted. Bravo!

I still have some bad hair days there are times when I wonder how I got by before -- yet I did. It's just fun to see things still coming in at 7 months. I haven't had ingrown hairs like this since 3 months -- a welcome intrusion.

I'm always putting caveats on any success story I've posted. I want to avoid blowing sunshine up anyone's ass. It has not been a risk-free and trouble-free process.

But would I do it again? Without question and without doubt YES. The old way wasn't working for me. I guess I had nothing to lose.

Strange how things work when you realize that you've got nothing to lose. That concept of "hope" or "opportunity" becomes so important.

In the end, maybe that defines how many of us are. That maybe you've been dealt a bad hand, or maybe you didn't handle things right or you messed up along the way. But it is never too late to reinvent everything.

Let the miserable be miserable. If you can breathe life back into your life, then by all means, show everybody that you are not afraid to do so.

You might be a little surprised by what, or more appropriately, who emerges.

Much respect to those who have posted their experiences here. Much hope for those in the midst of their hairloss struggle and/or their HT decision.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power