12 months post op pics

troy

Hey guys im 7 months post op. Check out my pics on my blog any feed back would be great. I think I will go back in the next year for more session of hopefully 3000 or more, I think this would finish me up with a little donor to spare for down the road.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys im 7 months post op. Check out my pics on my blog any feed back would be great. I think I will go back in the next year for more session of hopefully 3000 or more, I think this would finish me up with a little donor to spare for down the road.

Looks very good Troy. I'm not sure where you would stick 3000 more. Maybe 2000.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I agree with Gorpy...it looks good. I don't think you need another transplant anytime soon. I am amazed at the quickness of your recovery period. How come Dr. Rose did not require you to shave the top prior to the surgery? From your pictures, it looks like the clinic gave you a normal haircut prior to surgery and you were able to cover up the work by about one week later. Was that the case?

Troy - Congratulations! The results are amazing. I especially like to contrast your 'pre' photos 3rd from the bottom to the most recent 7-month photos.

That is simply a great result!! Well done.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

looks good man....where you puttin 3000 more?

You still got lots of growth/thickening to do, you might be suprised.....My best months were 12-14....

good luck..

BTW, how does the scar look, I assume you had trico, how far can you shave down?

Troy thats a great head of hair you got there!

It now looks like you never had MPB, and to consider you still got around 5 months left for an even thicker fuller appearance!!!

I have to agree with everyone else here, you do not have space for 3000 grafts, hell i dont even think you have room for 300 grafts. If for some reason you feel like you want some more density after 5 months your going to have to shave right down again in order for the Doc to find any space. You might as well enjoy having a full head of hair again - your left over donor may be better used 10-15 years down the road.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

thanks guys for all your support. Johny i hope your right that more will come in, I was told that by DR. Rose as well. It is still thin I would guess 35 cm squared right on top and i would like to bring fuller. I am going to wait untill september and go back and talk with Matt at Shapiro and figure out a game plan. Maybe i will be lucky and more growth will come in, Ill keep everyone posted. Toothin, i asked them not to shave it, to go as short as they needed and leaving it as long as possible, not all clinics shave the recipient areas. and yes I was toatlly recoved undetectable in 7-8 days. you can pull this off and people not know, but you need some hair to cover it. Also guys i went out with some friends tonight and my friends girlfriend, tall beautifull blonde says" i love your hair, im a hairstylist" only those of us who have suffered from the frusteration of loosing hair can appreciate a comment like this!!! Again thanks to dr rose and the shapiro staff- wonderfull people.

• 2 weeks later...

Troy -

Your 7 months results look amazing!!! Dr. Rose has done an amazing job. Your pictures tell the story, but let me ask you this. Do you notice big difference between month 5 and 7? Because in some pictures I can see your scalp due to heavy flush, in some pictures I don't see that. I am just trying to get the feel how much your hair and density has picked up in last 3 months?

Thanks,

KG

Troy, your results prove to me that it is possible to enter the native hair zone and still be able ot produce great results. This leaves me feeling optimistic about my potential...

Congrats!

I think the juxtaposition of these photos tell the story...

Picture865.jpg

Picture554.jpg

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I just added more 7 months post op pics. I cut my hair to a number 4 on the sides and back and a number 8 on the top. My hair looks fuller when a bit longer, but i think these pictures give a more accurate picture of my progress. I am going to document this now every month upto a year so we can all see what changes occur month by month and I will also keep my hair the same length and take the pics under the same lighting. My guess is im about 35cm2 on top and would like to goto 50+ on top.

kg007, If you look at my blog and compare 5 months to my 7 months. when I had same haircut and nothing in my hair. I cant see to mucch of a difference. My hair grows forward and so when i take pics of it from the front it looks thinner than if I let it grow a little longer. I have heard people say I have 30% more growth to come and thickening. So I will keep my hair the same and takes pics and we will see. Documenting this is like my own little science project.

Hey Mike, that's exactly what I was trying to say... In attached picture, it seems like you have no thinning at all since the pic was taken from behind/top at an angle... See people can easily hide the thinning by taking pictures at certain angles, so that's what I was trying to find out how much progress you have made since in some pictures your density looks amazing, and in some pictures you can see your scalp. But only you would know how it looks since you look at your hair everyday.

Anyway, Compare to pre-op your hair looks amazing. I think you there's still lot of thicking to come. After my first procedure, I didn't see real thickin until around month 8. So hang in there. Thanks for sharing your experience.

KG

Picture865.jpg.384a49214c9f075c51d4659fc1148e16.jpg

I just put another 8 pics up. I would guess my hair to be 35cm2 on top. I am planning on talking with Shapiro in September-October and see what they think. Your right the angle of the pic makes a big difference. Im trying to get one of every angle so people can have a clear understanding, with flash and without. With out a doubt I have made a significant jump forward since my HT, now that I understand what can be accomplished my greed is kicking in and I want to go 50+ cm2 up on top and through out. But I am also much more confident with my appearance and myself asteam than I was pre-op. I am very curious to see what changes do come about in the next 5 months.

Troy - Awesome results! Congratulations and thanks for documenting your progress so thoroughly.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

wow, that is a great looking head of hair troy. there are so many people that would "kill" for that "do" (myself included). you have got to be pretty darn excited with your results, im happy for you! icon_smile.gif

Troy,

FANTASTIC !!!! I had some previous work done and even with that it looks less than your pre-op pictures. It gives me great hope to know that the recepient site doesnt have to be shaved down to do this. I hope to have this done. Did you have any shock loss ?

When i went to Shapiro I agreed to cut my hair short, Pamela one of the techs( she is awesome) she said she would cut it shorter, but leave it as long as possible. I actually liked the haircut. I literally pulled this off and people who see me on a regular basis still have no idea. They just thought I got my hair cut. At 7-8 days post op I had stitches in my head but noone had a clue i had this done, i had a big party for my son noone eyes wondered. With saying this I have olive like complextion and reddness didnt seem to be a factor with me. I dont think you could have a huge session 3000 plus without shaving your head, Im not sure where the cut off is that they need to shave, but for some of us shaving our heads and going through a month or 2 of downtime is not possible. I speak a lot in my posts about this being a very emotional roller coaster ride, and now looking back I cant remeber if I had much shockloss or if it was just the grafts shedding. I remember at about a month post op thinking holy crap my hair is thin, but it could have been it was cut a lot shorter, also you get to see your hair with with the grafts in and it looks thicker then they fall out and it looks thinner. so this can play mind games with you, so I really dont know if I had shockloss or not for sure.

Congrats, you look great. I too had hair tranplanted into some existing hair. I shaved down to a 2 AFTER the transplant and said the same thing WOW thats thin. But I also clearly had alot of shock loss due to the procedure. I am seeing quite a bit of growth. But its been very uneven. Good luck and enjoy you new hair.

Cheers.