Propecia/Rogaine on a 19 yearold(did nothing but hurt my hairline)

Jupiter

janna thanks for your continued optimism. do you really think you see a positive effect already? i TRUELY haven't noticed anything beneficial and it seems my hairline keeps progressing worse. BUT ALSO i know its nearly impossible to poke out benefits while looking in the mirror and looking back at the 2nd set of pictures that i spiked my hair up in, my temples look way worse. so either my hair just looks a lot better longer or its maybe helping my temples already. idk thank you though even tho not sure of ne benefit the optimism surely helps my soul lol

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jupiter,

It could just be the pictures, but your recent pictures do seem to show a definite improvement. Of course, your hair is also longer and the room is darker. Maybe you should try to take more consistent photos in natural lighting with no flash for a better comparison?

Bill

Bill, sorry about the inconsistent lighting, i was out of town for one of the sets and the other 2 have been in 2 totally different places. from now one i have a designated spot where i took my last ones ( my room ) lol

• 1 month later...

I just posted June updates, it appears my hair has gotten a lot longer since may 13th lol , atleast in my opinion. hair is starting to curl again and i admit with my hair being longer, it has really been a lot easier to cope with as i think it looks better longer. anyway it has now been 5 months on propecia and 4 months on rogaine. (ROGAINE says in its box that if you don't see results in 4 months you should stop, and IDK if its the propecia or the rogaine but I feel like something is working in my crown, i truely do, but i can't be sure. as for my hairline I feel like it is still thinning but we will see. As of 5months on propecia and 4months on rogaine i feel that it is working on my crown and has NO EFFECT on my hairline, thats based off of my judgement as of now. Lets hope Propecia kicks in meanly at 7month icon_smile.gif

Jupiter,

Mate, I just looked at your pics.

Are you really sure its wise to be fretting over your hair? You have enough of a mop to put a whole roll of super absorbent paper towel to shame

Dude, seriously, your head looks thick, heavy, excellent. You have a VERY long way to go till you start stressing icon_smile.gif

im taking these pics with a webcam, if i were using my digi you could see A LOT more, i know ive got hair but i promise my crown is thin and people say shit about it all the time, and my hairline is so fucked. im tellin u if i shaved my head right now youd see why.

I remember the sting of the thinning hair comments when I was 21 or 22... No fun.

You have a huge advantage over me (not the least of which is being 29 years younger)- Proscar & Minoxidil are available and you are using them diligently. Further, it seems as if the meds have a grip on things.

From where I sit, your hair looks great. If nothing else you are an informed 19 year old who is on top on things.

Continued good luck!

just hypothetical question, how many grafts do you think you could pull out of me now?( im in no shape or form getting a HT soon, just out of curiousity, and just ballpark theres no need to be scientifically correct, just hypothetically). i mean if you can't see my hairloss with my most recent pictures because the hairs longer, look at my hair when it was shorter in the front of the gallery, look at my crown and temples. anyway just out of curiousity does it look liek i could get like 7000grafts maybe? lol

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a job well done to me.

You seem to be unwilling to see anything positive happening here.

I think at the end of the day you are going to be your own worst critic, but if i had your head of hair i,d have a smile on my face bigger than the Joker.

Just keep doing what your doing.

Originally posted by dabuski:

I think at the end of the day you are going to be your own worst critic, but if i had your head of hair i,d have a smile on my face bigger than the Joker.

Unwilling? lol look at my **6th month update, ive said nothing but i think positive effects are going on, especially in my crown! THIS TIME LAST YEAR most people could pick me out from 3blocks away because my crown would kinda look like gray hair compared to my thick ass curly sides and now no one says anything and you can barely tell even with a mirror. my life is better with hair longer!!!

Originally posted by dabuski:

also though, your comments truely make me feel better neway, thanks

dude congratulations man, i only wish i had the dedication to the regiment that you have when i was your age.... and i'm only 24 (or will be in august) and i just now started to really attack it a few months ago... i had been lazy about it

congrats man

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Originally posted by why oh why:

dude congratulations man, i only wish i had the dedication to the regiment that you have when i was your age.... and i'm only 24 (or will be in august) and i just now started to really attack it a few months ago... i had been lazy about it

congrats man

i wouldn't say i had an ULTRA positive effect so far, positive maybe yes, but alot of it has to do with my hair being longer. but yeah, i thought about it and i wasn't gonna be emberrased about taking the meds at 19(im way more emberrased about going bald) atleast the meds no one has to know about it right? thanks man

Congrats Jupiter,

Good to see your results...definitely it got improved.

I think it gets much better by 1 year mark.

I have one question foru you.

I have started Minox and Fin 2months back.

From one week after starting meds shedding started and it kicked off lot of hair.

Now i am feeling more panik but i read on fourm that they will come back.

Did you experience the same?

At what time you felt that yo are back to the the level where you are started ( you felt that your lost hair due to meds came back)?

It is killing me....

waiting for your reply....

Originally posted by HoToStop:

Congrats Jupiter,

Good to see your results...definitely it got improved.

I think it gets much better by 1 year mark.

I have one question foru you.

I have started Minox and Fin 2months back.

From one week after starting meds shedding started and it kicked off lot of hair.

Now i am feeling more panik but i read on fourm that they will come back.

Did you experience the same?

At what time you felt that yo are back to the the level where you are started ( you felt that your lost hair due to meds came back)?

It is killing me....

waiting for your reply....

hi sir, yeah my hairline had a major shed but its pretty much all back now(the hair that shedded, not the balding part)so yeah. im not sure if i really had the results your talking about so far, my hairloss is still there, BUT it does seem to be a lot better. goodluck dude keep it up for atleast 7 months before you stop either i would think, unlessthe shedding continues.

a trick you can do is trim the sides and back of your head, like a fade and it makes the top look thicker, though i think a trim is enough for you so it will look natural.

goodluck

1.25mg finasteride

drugstore.com 100 pills $225

quarter them

5% rogaine foam

samsclub $50 4 month supply

vanity my downfall

thanks for reply,

Now I am not shedding that heavy.

Initially there were so many miniaturized hairs used to shed...now not those many hairs but still loosing some.

I do wait for six months ....

Thanks,

hey jupiter im 19 too and my hair is worse than yours. Im thinking about meds but did you feel any side effects. cuz i workout alot and if taking meds messes me up than forget that.

Meat, yeah im creepin up on 7months now propecia, 6 months rogaine and i truely havent noticed really any side effects. I mean i haven't had any reduction in my sexual thought, i can still get a woody. there are times when i think its not hard enough but i realize thatthe only times i had thought that was after i had drank atleast15 beers, so.. take it how u want it. DONT LET UNEDUCATED people scare you from trying it, wats the worst that can happen? if your on it and don't notice ne sides EVEN if isnt regrowing hair its not hurting you. take it for a month and if you feel sides quit it and everything goes back to normal.

also guys. i dont wanna give anyone false hope here, LOOK very closely at my photos, its not like im regrowing huge amounts of hair guys ( i still am very self concious about it ). my hair is atleast 2 inches longer now so its helping. and curly hair naturally masks balding/thinning better. anyway that said i think its positive guys.

Lookin good Jup. And glad to hear your confidence is way pumped up too. Thats one side effect that you want. Not only increased hair, but increased happiness.

Off topic (I didnt know where to post, so I thought I would simply shove it in here - this is a popular thread haha), I saw a photo of myself perhaps 4 to 5 years ago .... was mucking around with some mates at night in a backyard, we were wrestling each other etc - theres one photo of me with my head bent at an angle, so the flash full got right into my scalp .... DISASTER! Worst photo ever - its all SCALP! DISGUSTING

But then I thought about it, look how it was back then, 5 years ago, and look now ... it was bad then, its bad now - maybe this is normal for me? Haha - if thats the case, then fair enough - I still have hair to look fairly non-bald, its just the crap lighting that kills me.

The photo was a confidence booster anyway - it showed that perhaps my hair loss is not accelerating as quick as I thought it was!

Thanks for letting me hijack your thread Jupi icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Jupiter:

Meat, yeah im creepin up on 7months now propecia, 6 months rogaine and i truely havent noticed really any side effects. I mean i haven't had any reduction in my sexual thought, i can still get a woody. there are times when i think its not hard enough but i realize thatthe only times i had thought that was after i had drank atleast15 beers, so.. take it how u want it. DONT LET UNEDUCATED people scare you from trying it, wats the worst that can happen? if your on it and don't notice ne sides EVEN if isnt regrowing hair its not hurting you. take it for a month and if you feel sides quit it and everything goes back to normal.

Yea man im going to the doc tommarow to get a prescription. Imma buy my first bottle at the pharmacy and if i like it than imma order online cuz i heard its cheapier. Do any of you guys know a legit site??