6-7-8-9 months ???

I see a lot of postings by the same people on here telling others to wait 7-8-9 months post surgery for hair growth results. I wonder if they are somehow affiliated with the hair loss industry.

folks. if it hasn't started to grown by month 6, it's not going too. What we really need are realistic advertisers and honest doctors to start posting a wide array of hair transplant client results. Not some pipe dream so they can get others to signup for an expensive hair procedure.

Do a search for hair transplants gone bad. I think you'll find a much more realistic and true assessment of realistic outcomes.

It would be nice if some of these so-called veteran receipients started being honest about their assessments.

Looks like a wind up but I'll answer anyway.

Originally posted by Starz3956:

I see a lot of postings by the same people on here telling others to wait 7-8-9 months post surgery for hair growth results. I wonder if they are somehow affiliated with the hair loss industry.

What's the "hair loss industry"? You probably mean "hair restoration industry" otherwise it doesn't make much sense, like most of your post actually. Some guys here do work for HT surgeons, and you can read their disclaimer in their signature. I don't, and from my own experience 6 months is the absolute minimum you should wait before making an assessment.

folks. if it hasn't started to grown by month 6, it's not going too.

Wrong. You should definitely have SOME growth at the 6 month mark, but a number of FUs might take much longer than that to resurface. I have had new growth after 11 months.

What we really need are realistic advertisers and honest doctors to start posting a wide array of hair transplant client results.

And that is exactly what we have on this board. Check all the sections before writing nonsense.

Do a search for hair transplants gone bad. I think you'll find a much more realistic and true assessment of realistic outcomes.

Yep, unfortunately there are lots of crooks around, and lots of HTs gone bad. Hence the usefulness of this Community.

It would be nice if some of these so-called veteran receipients started being honest about their assessments.

I think I can call myself a veteran, check my pictures and make the "assessment" yourself. They are here

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Starz,

Don't let B Spot see that post. He'll have some advise for you. icon_wink.gif

HK is right on the money. I believe you might have glanced at a couple posts and didn't realize the sincere nature of this forum. I hope that you re-read things and have a change of heart. We will be here for you if you have any questions.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Starz,

I see you've had two whole posts on this forum and they've both been negative. Seemingly I caught your second post before this one which seemed to be an indirect insult to me. I have to say...I'm not offended.

Why are you negative? Have you come here to start a fight?

Though some people have come and gone from this forum that have been "affiliated with the hairloss industry" (and by that I assume you mean working for a specific clinic), false testimonies and ficticious information is NOT tolerated here. Many people here, including myself are the first to challenge those who are obviously selling specific clinics. Though we recommend specific clinics here who we believe have been proven to be the best, let me assure you that only a few people here work directly for a clinic. The people you've heard from so far...do not.

Though it is not typical for patients to not see any signs of growth at 6 months from an HT, it DOES happen. I don't know you nor do I know how long you've been surfing forums...but I've talked to people who we call "late bloomers" and it can happen.

You are right about hair transplants gone bad...there are a number of posts about it. That's why we talk about how choice of doctor is an important factor. Just because we recommend specific clinics doesn't mean we are paid to do so. It only means that we have faith in those doctors because of either direct experience OR from seeing photos and hearing testimonies from several satisfied patients. I have NEVER recommended a doctor personally that I didn't have faith in.

Starz....what do you think us "so-called veterans" aren't being honest about? You've just registered two days ago and have made 2 posts...where is your negativity coming from? There is a difference between healthy skepticism and down right negativity...and unfortunately, at this time, yours is obviously the latter. You make judgements before you research the facts...that's not a good practice. I'll tell you this...you won't last long on this forum if your attitude doesn't change.

Have a nice day anyway icon_wink.gif

Bill

Hi

I think you are seeing Starz!. Regardless of what is termed "growth" you cannot judge the result on a 6 month recovery period. Personally ( 2 Ht's), I see a huge difference between 6 months, 10 months, and 1 year.. The bottom line is you need to wait and see the final result.. One cannot make an accurate estimation at 6 month and is foolish to do so..You are right, 6 7 8 months isn't correct.. It's actually a full year.

The only affiliation I have with the industry is I am a customer of 2 hair transplant procedures. No vested interest here unless you consider supplying others with objective, information based on my research & 2 years of surgeries.

There are some bad stories, however like any surgical industry there are risks and poor doctors resulting in a poor outcome.. Mine are excellent and I had an excellent doctor.

Starz don't be so cynical. There are plenty of amazing results on here with pictures to prove it. The bottom line is " The results you receive are based on the level of researching and consequent competency of your doctor".There are risks involved but then again, there are risks in crossing the street.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I think my hairloss and subsequent Hair Transplants are pretty realistic and honest.

NN is right, I do have some advice for you---

Think about your message. Think about where you are. Take some time to understand what it is that happens here.

You mentioned realistic advertisers and honest Docs.

I agree with you 100%.

Your just a little late--- we already got them.

In addition, if a Doc is not performing up to our standards, they get removed from our membership, REGARDLESS of financial considerations.

I could be wrong here, but I think you might actually be trying to offer the suggestion that a "realistic perspective" is needed.

I am not inclined to agree with you, but I will reassess and consider it, as always.

Now, there is no such thing as a "so-called" veteran.

Your either here to support, help, offer advice and share your experiences.

Being that you appear to have an experienced and somewhat unfavorable view of the "industry", perhaps you could provide us "so called" vets with a sample of the honest, advertising Docs that you are supporting.

Let me guess, he/they are located outside the U.S?

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Starz, I can appreciate your skepticism because I also started my research with the thought of everyone who had positive comments about a doc or thier experiences must be getting paid!

I have now been on this forum long enough & have had HTP consultations with doctors to gain the insight & knowledge I need to make up my own mind in my own time.

These guys that are sharing thier experiences on this forum have not only helped me more than

any other forum including the so called Nightmare sites, They have given me honest advice & opinions based on thier own procedures & results. They have never pushed me in one direction or another concerning getting a HTP or not. And, they encouraged me to pick a doctor based on my own intuition & goals.

So if your post was based on something you experienced please share it with us. The Doctor & the details. If it is based on some stories you have read on the internet, I can bet that 99.9% of those stories come from surgeries performed from a HTP MILL NOT A COALITION DOCTOR recommended here.

And let me tell you that I believe going through a HTP & years of research qualifies these guys as VET's.

Folica

Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for the statement above nor am I connected in any way to any Doctor or Clinic.

I Represent Me! icon_biggrin.gif

He's ( starz) just here to irritate people..

I wouldn't give him much credit

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

folks. if it hasn't started to grown by month 6, it's not going too. What we really need are realistic advertisers and honest doctors to start posting a wide array of hair transplant client results. Not some pipe dream so they can get others to signup for an expensive hair procedure.

I won't rehash what others have said..............what I will kindly ask is for you to bring up specifics if you are going to make accusations of those offering advice here. Just post a link or something for us to refer to if you believe a "dishonest" assessment has been given, or, better yet, just post your own opinion so your truth can be heard. Just try to be respectful, you can make your point without being offensive.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I just checked out those pictures and man you got some great growth!!! How in the world did you manage such growth in only 4 months??? I talking about the picture on "June 2004, 09H50" to "Sep 2004". I mean damn! what kind of miracle grow did you throw on that head icon_smile.gif Excellent results man...

Originally posted by hairworthy:

I think I can call myself a veteran, check my pictures and make the "assessment" yourself. They are here