My follicular journey

pushing 40

Hi

I'll tell ya, the scalp exercises really helped me with the tightness post op.. Last time my head ached from the stretching of the skin. This time 650 more grafts and no pain..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pushing 40:

Really? Shit, maybe I should get checked to see if mine should stay in longer?

Don't sweat it, 40. Trust the Doc. Mine felt tight, too, before taking out the staples but Doc Wong gave me the green light at only 8 days and my scar is ultra-thin.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Damn

8 days and you took out your staples? I heard the trend is to leavr them in longer??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Damn

8 days and you took out your staples? I heard the trend is to leavr them in longer??

I agree with you jb.........I thought "the longer the better" but after closing Doc Wong said it came together great and 8 days was fine........I had to ask him a couple of times to be sure icon_cool.gif! Funny thing too, I remember taking a potty break after they closed donor, and being scared to look down to see if i was hitting the target because it felt so tight and i didn't want to POP a staple. I asked Doc Wong when I returned the the chair, "do I need to abstain from looking downward for awhile", he said, no, don't worry about it, you closed fine.

I suppose the moral of the story could be "it pays to be cautious but don't over-obsess!" icon_wink.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Sweet Jumpin' crimeny! They are out! My wife did a good job but it still hurt a little bit. She said the scar is looking fantastic so far; good to hear.

Today was day 11 for me and is the day Dr Hasson said to take them out. I shaved my head as soon as we were done. My head is still swollen though; tried to put on one of my hats with the normal adjustment and it still won't fit.

Already lost quite a few the transplanted hair too. Kinda sucks but on to the waiting game I guess.

pushing40,

Yeah, they do kind of hurt coming out...at least some of them. Some were painless, some hurt like a b#itch! BUT, I bet you'll sleep better now with them out!

My wife was going to take mine out...but I wanted them out so badly that while she was at church (I didn't want to go to church with staples in my head shaved at a 1 clip) I took my own staples out. Yep...call me crazy...but I got all of them out by myself. :P. But it was the best feeling ever when they all were out!

Bill

Well, back from Cleveland. My son didn't place in the speech contest but the experience alone was worth all the effort. He really enjoyed himself and I think he got a good grasp of the fact that learning public speaking at the age of 16 is going to be a very worthwhile endeavor and will pay off greatly later in life. I was so proud to see my little man up there in front of all those people and judges.

And here's a funny thing: he told me he no longer fears losing his hair like dear ol' dad at all after seeing my initial results. He was shocked at how natural it looked and says its not a concern for him anymore. Sweet!!

Bill, you took the staples out yourself?????????? Dude, those muscles are going to your head!! How the heck did you possibly manage that? Criminy.

I have already lost over half of the transplant hairs. They are all over my pillow in the morings and when I wash my hair they are covering my hands. Oh well. Much of the redness is gone; scar seems to be healing well. Itching is still obnoxious. I'll get some "2 weeks pics" up tomorrow.

Pushing40,

Thanks for the update my friend! It's always a sad thing saying goodbye to the little hairs from the surgery, but you'll be able to reaquaint with them more personally and long term once they grow back in icon_wink.gif.

Yeah man...I DID take out my own staples...I can't explain how I managed it...truthfully it wasn't all that hard! I looked at it as yet one more challenge to overcome icon_wink.gif.

I'm glad to hear that your son learned something and more importantly had a good time in the speech contest. Public speaking is difficult when you first start out but becomes easier with time icon_smile.gif

Bill

Pushing-

You had some of the cleanest work I've ever seen. Don't worry about those little "traitor" hairs jumping ship.............they'll swim back soon!!

Oh.........and Bill pulling his staples on his own.........what he didn't mention was that it was actually Bill clone #3 that pulled them.........he just refers to all of them as himself ;^) !

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks. I am perfectly happy so far losing the babies knowing they'll be back in a few months. I hope the rest hurry up and bolt so I can stop wearing a hat. I look all spotty right now with bare patches here and there. Not one person asked about it during my "au-natural" travels this weekend in Cleveland. Saw a few people peeking like "ouch what happened to him?" but that was it.

Oh yeah, my son pointed out that I mentioned him NOT placing in the speech contest in my earlier post but FORGOT to mention he DID win the talent contest later that night singing and playing the piano. He says to me "you parents.....always focusing on the negative..." He is a great kid and very funny.

Singing and playing the piano eh? That's terrific! I can sing, but can only play the piano a little. I wish I actually took lessons...perhaps one day when I'm pushing40 icon_wink.gif.

I had a couple questions about my scar over the years regarding my 3 surgeries...however, nobody commented on the recipient area...I think most people don't even notice.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Finally updated with day 42 photos as of today. Have had a bit of shock loss but not toooo substantial. I'll have my wife do some shots of the donor scar when she gets home. I trimmed down with a 1/2 grade shaver about 2 weeks ago. Still have a few txplant hairs growing in the recipient area where it was just smooth forehead before. Some of them are 2 or 3 hair grafts so they really look funny. Now I clearly understand why they do not put them in the hairline!

Thanks for posting, 40! As Gorpy said, hang in there, you're at the toughest stage IMO. The next couple of months you should start seeing some major action! Can't wait to see it come in for you, my friend!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

I updated my album and shrunk the pics down really small so they should be quick loading. I'm at 90 days today. Haven't buzzed my head in a couple of weeks. I didn't think I had any growth at all but my wife says I'm wrong. Looking at the day 42 pics, I guess maybe I do already have a little growth. The next 2 or 3 months will hopefully be better. I'm getting excited! (ignore the 2004 dates on the pic; I'll have to get my 12 yr old daughter to fix that icon_rolleyes.gif)

Theres stuff starting to happen ( not a medical term)

not much longer and it will be costing you a fortune in haircuts.

Grow well.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Yes P-30, things are starting to happen. Exciting times are just around the corner.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey Pushing !

You and I had our HT's days apart! Yup, things are looking up.. I kept some of my grafts so I have no idea what is what .. I just know we have a ton of growth ahead!!!

My scar is looking damn good. Still a little pink in the area where the stitches ended..

Happy growing

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey guys! Yeah, things are happening. I have quite a few of the 1 hair grafts growing along the hairline. They are maybe 2 or 3 mm's and very fine. I'm having a blast watching my hair come back!! good luck to you guys as well!

Some people hate the waiting game , but post op 3-4 months in my opinion are the best!!

You are growing hair instread of losing. what could be better!!!

Once you hit 14 months post op, you are back to the status quo

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!