Best "Strip" Surgeon ?

MTLien44

Hello,

I've had a 3000 FU strip procedure done 2 years ago. In my opinion, my results are decent but my strip's condition is one of the worst I've seen. It would have been caused by untreated infection in the scar resulting in unfading redness...

Acknowledging this, my doctor offered me a free 500 FUE procedure to compensate. He is now also willing to procede to another strip surgery for 800$ to extract the existing scar and "give it another shot"...

Having seen that his usual work does not yield such poor results, I am considering this offer but also thinking "Why would I got back to this guy?"

In your opinions, who is the best strip surgeon quality/price wise ? Preferably as close to Montreal, Canada, as possible...

Thank you

Hello,

I've had a 3000 FU strip procedure done 2 years ago. In my opinion, my results are decent but my strip's condition is one of the worst I've seen. It would have been caused by untreated infection in the scar resulting in unfading redness...

Acknowledging this, my doctor offered me a free 500 FUE procedure to compensate. He is now also willing to procede to another strip surgery for 800$ to extract the existing scar and "give it another shot"...

Having seen that his usual work does not yield such poor results, I am considering this offer but also thinking "Why would I got back to this guy?"

In your opinions, who is the best strip surgeon quality/price wise ? Preferably as close to Montreal, Canada, as possible...

Thank you

look into DR Rahal. He's around your area. If your looking for someone to make your scar appear more cosmetically pleasing I've heard Dr Epstein down in Florida does some awesome work. Dont let location come into play when it comes to getting a quality procedure though. Alot of people here have done that including myself and most of us regret it.

Mtlien44,

Im under 5 months post-op and I along with the guy that cuts my hair can't believe my scar is at this point basically undetectable.

Dr.Epstein was my doc.

If the results of my new hair growth even come close to my quality of work of my donor scar line...I'm going to be one happy camper.

Did I just say happy camper ??...oh jeez.

MH

MTLien55,

Using the "find" feature of this forum or viewing patient hair loss blogs by physician will lead you to many patient posted photos of all of the physicians you have mentioned.

The physicians you mentioned, Dr. Rahal, Epstein, and Hasson and Wong have an oustanding record for performing first-rate hair transplantation and should all be considered in my opinion.

Who is "best" however, is both objective and subjective. Do a lot of research and find who is the best for you.

Bill

As Bill says its a matter of opninion. Everyones situation is differant. However any one of those 3 are great and you cant go wrong w/ any of them. I personally choose H&W for my own reasons "i want to max out grafts out of the existing scar which doesnt go from ear to ear" and they told me they could get the most of anyone, but in my opinion if i wanted to concentrate on a pleasing result while focusing on the look of the donar scar i'd propably go w/ Epstien as he is also a plastic surgeon and i've heard his scars are almost undetectable w/ a little bit of hair. Dont get me wrong H&W's scars also look fantastic though. It's a tough decision

If your first scar wasn't good not sure I'd trust them to do better the second time, unless they have a very good reason why it happened.

There are many good surgeons that can revise your scar, or do a small session and revise it. Just look through the coalition

Dr. Wong did my 2nd HT (and is doing my 3rd) and my scar is paper thin.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I'll chime in as well. They might all be the same for all I know, but I can testify my scar right now at at 27 days or so feels just almost as good and looks much better than the one I had 20 years ago.

It's paper thin, and the pain was minimal from the first night up until now. And it's the kind where hairs can grow through it. I was getting a little restless with the sutures in at day 12 and 13 but I've pretty much been gold.

My old scar was still tender on the sides and sort of raised or 'lumpy'. I had just accepted it until this year as I started to learn more about how it should be. So, I'd can recommend another one, Dr. Cooley, for scar repair work.

I'm not necessarily a fitness buff, but I pay a personal trainer and workout with some very good clients and prospects, so I worked out once at day 11 or so and then 2x per week since with no problems.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I don't know who you went to but if you're not happy with the result, why would you go back again? Especially because now your talking about the repair or hiding of a scar. That's a different kind of surgery and you may have different options. I would start your research all over again.