The Unsung Heroes - Medical Technicians and Office Staff

In our forum community, we spend a lot of time discussing surgeons who perform only the best work. And though these physicians deserve the online accolades they receive, the experience and hard work of the medical technicians and office staff plays a significant role in the success of the surgery.

These "unsung heroes" are largely responsible for regularly performing the important but tedious tasks of carefully trimming grafts under microscopes and placing delicate grafts into recipient sites without damaging them.

Each member of the surgical team must be on their game in order for the hair transplant procedure to be a success. One technician improperly trimming or placing grafts could amount to a significant amount of wasted follicles and a much lower hair growth yield.

Surgeons are often publicly recognized more because they are ultimately responsible for the work of the entire surgical team and the end result. However, each member of the surgical team plays a significant role in the final outcome of the surgery. Large ultra refined hair transplant sessions are only possible today because quality surgeons employ a large and experienced staff who can handle grafts quickly, accurately, and safely.

Kudos to the dedicated medical technicians and office assistants who work hard alongside elite surgeons to ensure the end result is as good as it gets.

Recently, we recognized a number of world class physicians who attended the Annual 2008 ISHRS Conference in Montreal. See the Highlights of the Annual ISHRS Scientific Meeting.

I've been in touch with forum member Ailene who is the Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley and asked if she'd be willing to share her experience with the ISHRS Assistants program. Unfortunately in the past, this program was largely unrecognized. Ailene was the chair of the Assistants program last year and like other dedicated staff members participating in this program, this is a volunteer position.

I trust she will respond to this thread shortly.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

Right on Bill. The medical staffs truly are the "unsung hereos" and make or break the clinic.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat & Bill....this is a topic of relevance...the medical staff is SO critical to the overall success of a clinic...this is why bosley and mhr cant compete with the quality of the coalition practices...its important that people consider this facet when evaluating what is the best option for he or she.

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

It is the techs that make or break a clinic especially when it comes to the growth of the grafts.

I believe doctors who wonder why their final results are not as consistent as others should look directly at the techs.

Puting video cameras on the scopes would be a wonderful start for some.

Janna gets my vote for top tech. icon_smile.gif

This is very true the nurse that was placing the grafts at my surgery was constantly asking questions about how to do it. This did not install any confidence in me and as a result of her inexperience i have been left with an aweful transplant.

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

In our forum community, we spend a lot of time discussing surgeons who perform only the best work. And though these physicians deserve the online accolades they receive, the experience and hard work of the medical technicians and office staff plays a significant role in the success of the surgery.

These "unsung heroes" are largely responsible for regularly performing the important but tedious tasks of carefully trimming grafts under microscopes and placing delicate grafts into recipient sites without damaging them.

Each member of the surgical team must be on their game in order for the hair transplant procedure to be a success. One technician improperly trimming or placing grafts could amount to a significant amount of wasted follicles and a much lower hair growth yield.

Surgeons are often publicly recognized more because they are ultimately responsible for the work of the entire surgical team and the end result. However, each member of the surgical team plays a significant role in the final outcome of the surgery. Large ultra refined hair transplant sessions are only possible today because quality surgeons employ a large and experienced staff who can handle grafts quickly, accurately, and safely.

Kudos to the dedicated medical technicians and office assistants who work hard alongside elite surgeons to ensure the end result is as good as it gets.

Recently, we recognized a number of world class physicians who attended the Annual 2008 ISHRS Conference in Montreal. See the Highlights of the Annual ISHRS Scientific Meeting.

I've been in touch with forum member Ailene who is the Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley and asked if she'd be willing to share her experience with the ISHRS Assistants program. Unfortunately in the past, this program was largely unrecognized. Ailene was the chair of the Assistants program last year and like other dedicated staff members participating in this program, this is a volunteer position.

I trust she will respond to this thread shortly.

Best wishes,

Bill

A-men, You really have to have both, A great Dr and support staff to really assure your best chance for the best result.

i can't speak about all of them, but those at dr. rose's office were very professional. they also had a good rapport with rose, and i could tell they'd worked with him many times before. laura has been with him for more than 15 years i think. and that's important.

overall, they are absolutely crucial to a quality result.

--

2200 fu's from Dr Paul Rose

propecia

My Hair Loss WebLog