had surgery with dr h. rahal at the age of 20

The transplant work is looking fantastic, especially for 1 month. Just looks like you got pillow head hair in a couple of the pics! Reading thru your blog, it looks like MPB slammed you pretty hard and pretty fast. You had an almost unique pattern of loss with that frontal ring still hanging on. I have only ever seen maybe one or two other people with that pattern. Were those fully frontal hairs not suffering or were they destined to fall also?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks! the frontal hair were def destined to fall off. you cant tell in the pic but they were really fine and would def fall in the next 2-3 years!

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

yo ppl,

just wanted to ask about this shedding phase. im just under 5 weeks now post-op and in all honesty i havent had that shedding phase that i have heard about where most people have had their majority of grafts shed by the 4 week mark (correct me if im wrong).

at the mo, my hair is growing but i cant distinguish my native hair to the transplanted ones so therefore cannot say much about my own shedding. all i can say is that i have had a few fall out here and there but my head is not at its state like it was pre-op.

is the shedding phase as such that it affects everyone or can some people get away with it and have not a great deal of it?

thanks

az

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

azza,

I would say it's not impossible, but don't get your hopes up.

I've seen a thread like this many times where people think they will get lucky and won't experience shedding. They were just simply late shedders, but it did happen.

Rest assured though, it's normal.

But if you do get lucky and don't experience shedding, more power to you!

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

ive updated my blog with pics.

i will just give a general outline of what has happened over the past month.

there has been some shock loss but also some growth i.e. less than 5%. its a bit hard to tell difference between transplanted hair and original hair...hope there are better things to come over the next few months

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

the middle part was shaved as thats where the work was meant to be done and it makes it esaier for physicians to work on. all doctors do it (at least the ethical ones!!)

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

azza786,

Thank you for keeping your blog up to date. Your 2 month pictures look exactly as I would expect. Welcome to the doldrums my friend. Being patient is your best line of defense now. New growth should start between 3-5 months.

I encourage all members to create their own hair loss blog if you haven't already. This gives our viewers/members the ability to see what a real hair transplant experience is and looks like. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

hello people,

hope alls good!

i ave attached pics of my month 3 progress today and would appreciate your views of what you think.

over the past month, the one thing i have noticed is how stubbly its got up there. it may not show in the pics but i can feel it all over, hopefully signs of good things to come!

thanks

azza!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

IMHO it was too young.

I wouldn't have said he needs to wait until he's 30 or anything, but it seems like putting this off just another 3 years would have already made a big difference in how much of a risk it is. Especially since he's several years into a Finasteride regimen, and there's a lot of anecdotal reports of the drug's benefits fading after a few years in very aggressive balders.

Either way he was past legal age, it sounds like he was totally informed & warned about everything this may come to cause in the future, and he obviously wasn't doing it too impulsively if the Finasteride's been there for 4 years already at age 20. Can't ask for much more than that.

I agree with everyone that waiting 5-6 years on the next session would be a good idea.

-------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good

You are right on schedule it seems

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 5 weeks later...

hello people,

hope all is well. i have just posted my 5 months pic so please have a look.

i just have one concern and that is in my pics you should see that there are flakes on my head. this sort of alarmed me when i got up this morning and saw that it seemed like someone placed some talcum powder on my head.

i was my head regualrly but only shampoo the donor area because the recepient area is not at the stage yet to be shampooed.

i dont feel any itchines or anything but i rather not prefer a head full of flakes. any recommendations??

thanks

azza!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Very nice m8; I have a similar pattern of hairloss at a similarly young age, as well. Can't wait to see your results at month #12! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Azza,

You are coming along nicely for only 6 months. Though lighting can sometimes skew a result in a patient's favor, the light these pictures are taken appear quite harsh and may be lessening the appeal of the result.

I recommend taking pictures in some more neutral lighting that won't overemphasize or underemphasize your result.

I look forward to your continued progress.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

im at 6.5 months today but have a concern. if im honest with myself, i have seen very minimal improvement with the procedure so far in terms of cosmetic change. i can feel stubble in various places on the scalp including the hairline but it seems like the hairline doesnt want to grow. i was observing today in the mirror and the hairline and some area behind it seems very weak i.e. temple to temple. i dont know if this is something to worry about but im getting curious now that at 6.5 months, i should have at least 30-40% in terms of growth. at present my native hair is growing normal.

what can i expect?

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

You may very well be a "slow grower", so at this point you have much less than 30-40% of growth (?); couple that with the fact that from this point on you should start to experience the most dramatic, month-by-month changes. Keep up the documentation, I have a feeling by the end of month 9 you will see very noticeable aesthetic improvements.

The great news is that the "hardest" times of your transformation are over and this is where things typically get good, perhaps very very very good for you!

I'm following your case closely, as I too have suffered incredible hair loss at a young age and am undergoing a HT.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

imo by looking at your pics, I think there is quite a cosmetic change compared to your pre-op pics; as a general rule I think by 6 months you have 50% of your final result, so you do have a ways to go; I would wait till 12 months to fully evaluate

Azza,

Our members are correct. 6.5 months is still way to early to make a final judgement. the stubble you are feeling should grow out and mature in time though I remember for me, there were some stubborn hairs that remained stubble for a long time before it grew out, especially in the crown.

However it seems evident from the pictures in your hair loss weblog that there is a substantial difference between your before pictures and 5 and 6 month pictures.

At such a young age you had very extensive balding and though 3608 follicular unit grafts will certainly produce a nice cosmetic impact, it will most likely leave you wanting additional hair coverage and density.

Please be sure to give your hair transplant ample time to mature before making a final evaluation. Keep also your expectations and hair restoration goals reasonable, especially due to your age. You will most likely need subsequent hair transplant procedures in order to achieve your desired goals.

Bill

Azza

you paid good money for your transplant, so you should not hesitate to call Dr. Rahal for some assurance. Dr. Rahal is such a nice guy and I think you will feel better after speaking to him.

The other thing is that Adrian follows this board so I am sure he will see this post as well, and maybe you will be receiving a call shortly.

Hang in there!