Epstein, Rose, Nusbaum, Alexander

Guest ricardoermm

Guest ricardoermm

Im about to make a desicion (HT)

i need your feedback about these 4 doctors

Epstein

Rose

Nusbaum

Alexander.... based on facts, which should i go to.... i have contated them all, except (Epstein) im going to contact him today, but need you feedback about all these doctors, thanks a lot

Guest ricardoermm

Epstein

Rose

Nusbaum

Alexander.... based on facts, which should i go to.... i have contated them all, except (Epstein) im going to contact him today, but need you feedback about all these doctors, thanks a lot

Thats a hard one mate as they all procuce nice results.

What level of loss are you and what work are you wanting to do.Also the consults you`ve had were they all about the same ball park with price and graft estimate.

Cheers.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

ricardo,

I'm pleased to see that you have narrowed your selection down to 4 first-rate hair transplant surgeons.

The best way to choose between 4 elite hair restoration physicians is by consulting with each of them and looking through before/after photos especially of those of patients with similar hair loss and hair characteristics.

Then you can select the surgeon that impresses you the most.

Best wishes,

Bill

Im not trying to sell Epstein,because he just did my Ht and I liked his prices and his site foundhair.com had great results. I also liked that he did not have to shave,that was great!! I was a little leary because it seems everyone else shaves, but I am convinced that you dont have to shave and he says to have your hair 1/2 in or longer for the procedure. I went into the procedure at 1/2 inch long or maybe a tadd longer say 3/4 inches. I would see what type of hairloss you have and compare pics. I was good on the crown and frontal was going,so it was nice not to shave and look awkward for a month or so!!! I would say I was A norwood 3 or norwood 4. I am going to post some new pics on March 7th, this will be my 1 month mark.

Originally posted by ricardoermm:

Epstein

Rose

Nusbaum

My vote would be for Alexander or Epstein, but I'm sure the other two are good as well. Check out some pics that Alexander has posted; it looks like he does world-class ht's.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hi Ricardo,

Looks like you're getting close. I'm sure they're all great docs so I'll just give you some info about my experience with Dr. Alexander on 12/5/07 2739 grafts in the frontal 1/3 to refine my hairline and fill in behind since it was diffuse. I flew in from LA on a Tues afternoon before and met with the Dr. (previous consults were by phone and video/photos.) I was a patient that required no shaving due to work related matters. On Wed Surgery lasted from about 8:00 AM - 4:30 and went very smooth. Stayed in Phoenix til Friday and just relaxed after. No major pain or anything. I was back at work on day 5 after. The scabbing was minimal and most had fallen off by then. I just made sure to keep up a good cleaning routine. From there on out it's been smooth sailing. I'm only at 3 months so it'll be atleast another month before anything really noticible comes in so no new pics yet. Lots of great pictures on the site here though. I did have the opportunity to meet with a patient at the Dr.s office who had work done and I was blown away by how good it looked. Here's a couple pics from 5 days after (excuse the quality, phone camera). Best of luck to you. Day5Collage.jpg

Ricardo.

This is the tough part.

All these docs are pretty much top notch.

I was in your shoes and at that point I just went with my gut and liked my Doc of choice.

I used Dr.Epstein and even though i'm only three months out..all is looking good....great doc/staff.

The donor scar is awesome and seems to be fading more and more as the days tick by.

The scar is basically pencil thin...turning from red...to pink...now white.

Also my hair is sprouting and kind've forming that "new" hairline(shadow) where I never had hair before....pretty cool to see as i'm sure all the other veterans on here will tell you.

It's only the beginning...kind've hard not to be pumped.

All i can tell you is take your time....don't rush.

Taking another month or longer to decide is not going to mean squat in the long run.

Look at as many pics as you can and also PM alot of guys...everyone is very helpful.

Good luck,

MH

2872 graphs

11/28/07

Dr.Epstein

Guest ricardoermm

how do i know if the doctor has to shave my head? i always have long hair, this would be a big deal for me

Originally posted by ricardoermm:

how do i know if the doctor has to shave my head? i always have long hair, this would be a big deal for me

Call them and ask. This appears to be a philosophical stance as well with some clinics; with very different views on shaving the head.

Personally, I would think it would help the end result to have the head shaved, but I'm with you as I'd like to move back into work without notice.

Ideally, one would take off work for about a month to do this; but as somewhat of a workaholic that would be difficult for me.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Guest ricardoermm

Does Dr. Alexander (AZ) shave your head... I have contacted his assistant and she is very kind and has given me confidence, but since I deal with customers in my country, i want nobody notice what I will do. Including my wife.... lol !!

I will go with Dr. Alexander, as soon as i can.

Thanks all.

I will need to restore my hairline and more density on front. I have seen some dr. Alexander's patients with my hair loss condition and they were not shaved... i hope this for me too, but I will ask dr. Alexander

Thanks all

Dr. Rose and Dr. Epstein also do not require shaving and probably Dr. Nusbaum as well. They all produce exceptional work. So it'd be good to consult with all of them.

We generally don't require shaving unless the session sizes are going to be more than 2500 grafts. We try to work with each patient's ht goals. Like any doctor who does not require shaving, the session size may be a little smaller to accommodate the challenges associated with long hairs as it's somewhat like working with the lights dimmed. Our doctors eliminate as much of the negatives by utilizing very high magnification loopes to make incisions and have polarized/unpolarized lighting with magnification to avoid the glare on the scalp from the overhead surgery lights. We've been performing procedures without shaving since the beginning of my time with Dr. Shapiro so we have plenty of experience.

Dr. Paul mainly uses sutures while Dr. Ron will do either depending on the patient and what he feels is more beneficial for the best outcome.