NicNitro on Wikepedia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys know NicNitro was on Wikipedia? Does he know? This is just incredible. The site mentions him for having the most grafts moved in two sessions. Sroll down to the COST section and read the last two sentences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_transplantation

nothing short of amazing...and it was Dr.H who did the work! Just another reason why I gotta fly up to Canada..the more important being Alba frequents there too.

Did you guys know NicNitro was on Wikipedia? Does he know? This is just incredible. The site mentions him for having the most grafts moved in two sessions. Sroll down to the COST section and read the last two sentences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_transplantation

nothing short of amazing...and it was Dr.H who did the work! Just another reason why I gotta fly up to Canada..the more important being Alba frequents there too.

I have always wondered since there is some speculation from Pat regarding H&W spliiting the grafts, that maybe other doctors are being short changed.

Actually what I am saying is that maybe Nic's 10,000+ grafts might actually only be 8 or 9,000 at another clinic which does not split the grafts.

My question, which I think a definitive answer should exist for, is if the Nitros of the world could have gotten appox the same # of grafts from another elite doctor -- be it Shapiro, Epstein, Feller, et. al.....or, is H&W simply a stand-alone best in cases where you can/want to go ~5k+ a procedure.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I don't get it when people accuse H&W of splitting grafts. Don't their results speak for themselves? Take a look:

http://hassonandwong.com/patient_gallery/photo_viewer.p...ansplant_type=normal

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id...don_lad|gallery9.cfm

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id...ageland|gallery9.cfm

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=shuffle|gallery17.cfm

How did these guys go from totally bald to having a totally bitching head of hair, unless a LOT of grafts were moved? London Lad is a great example of this. Look how bald he was before and look at his most recent pics.

Go ahead, call me a "cheer-leader" for H&W, but show me some examples from other clinics who any one thinks is moving the same amount of hairs but less grafts with these results. I'd like to see them if any one has some examples. I remember seeing one from Feller that was outstanding and parellels' these results. It was done some years ago so it took several procedures, but Feller commented that it would only take two now...I think it was Feller. Ill have to look for it....

Found it:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=147092

now that took Feller 7K grafts. thats a lot of grafts too. I can never open Fellers' videos. Does anyone know what I need to download? He must use something different because he is the only one I have a problem with.

The adoption of the "lateral slit" technique in the early 2000s, enabled hair transplant surgeons to orient 2 to 4 hair follicular unit grafts so that they splay out across the scalp's surface . This enabled the transplanted hair to lie better on the scalp and provide better coverage to the bald areas.

I would think that statement needs to be updated.

As far as H&W goes, it is results that mean the most.

The best measure is hair moved in tandem with graft count. Divide hair count by graft count and go from there.

My 6721 grafts yielded 13,906 hairs for a 2.07 hair to graft ratio. Others will be higher, some will be lower. The average is about 2.2-2.4.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators
In my opinion, Hasson and Wong do not split follicular unit grafts other than what is typical of all hair restoration clinics that need to create additional single hairs for the hairline when appropriate.

NicNitro's results are superb and he should be ecstatic.

Bill

Bill, I have to disagree with you. As I've written many times on this forum and our blog, cutting grafts if very subjective. One clinic may interpret two hairs that are extremely close together as one graft, while another may cut them into two grafts.

Based on what I've learned over the years, including my visit to observe Dr. Hasson's surgery, I believe they tend toward cutting smaller grafts that contain less hairs than some of the other leading clinics.

I do not see this as being deceptive. In fact, some might argue that more smaller grafts may produce a more natural appearance than using 1, 2, 3 and 4 hair follicular unit grafts.

In any case, H & W does offer deep discounts on all grafts over 2,000, which tends to make their fees per graft on pare with that of other clinics that cut bigger grafts.

What I advocate is that patients know the difference when comparing clinics so they can compare apples to apples rather than apples to oranges.

That is why my signature reminds people to count hairs and not grafts. After all more slices doesn't make the pizza bigger.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

regarding the lateral slit technique:

I have read about the lateral slit technique on H&Ws' website, but have never heard any one go into a DETAILED DISCUSSION of how it is different then prior methods and what role it plays in giving the illusion of more density.

Jotronic mentioned the crucial role that the angles of graft placement also play in the appearance of density and Pat has mentioned the "shingling" effect. Where can I read more about this stuff?

So, if anything, it appears that if H&W do tend to split grafts up more than other clinics the motivation is for a better cosmetic result and not monetary gain.

yeah, I think its weird that ANYONE can contribute to Wikipedia. Honestly I don't know how exactly it's regulated. Im sure it has a moderator like this site and it always appears to be factually based and legit...although, I did try and add..."notgoingtogobald was here..." on the page before I posted this link. but, it didn't stay up.

What, you think a different doc or "cheer leader" could have taken down the Nicnitro bit?

what can you tell me about: shingling, lateral slit incisions, and how angling actually give the illusion of density?

Pat,

This is yet another reason why hair restoration clinc's providing detailed hair counts would be helpful.

I don't think there will ever be a formal agreement on whether or not Hasson and Wong cuts smaller grafts until these hair counts are provided.

But what is important as we all agree, is that they are performing state of the art ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation and their results are phenominal.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Bill

I totally agree results speak for themselves however, I think it is crucial we have accurate information on splitting grafts or not for benchmarking/ information practices. I do no think it is fair to tell people about a great story such as Nic's ( and his 10k procedure) when it may only be 8000 or so split. It tends to mislead and distort a bit..

We need to always compare apples to apples

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

..."apples to apples".

agreed.

But, look at his damn head of hair!?!? Even IF they told me that was 7k grafts, I wouldn't care. Obviously he has out of this world characteristics and it played in his favor regarding results, but still: his before and after tell all no matter what the graft count was...

when ya gonna pm me your woman slaying mop Mrjb?

BTW-- I do not have a Wikipedia account and I have never edited a wiki page.

NicNitro should be mentioned on that page, IMO.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thats something that always perplexed me about H&W. When I had my procedure done with Shapiro, they provided a graft count, a breakdown of 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's, and a hair count after all was said and done.

This is not hard to do. Why don't Hasson and Wong provide this info?

I know this isn't the first time this question has been asked on the boards, so I'm not really expecting an answer, although it would be nice.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Steve,

When I had my surgery 2 months ago at H&W, they didn't give me the breakdown of 1's, 2's, and 3's. But, I have to say that I didn't ask for it either. However, I did ask for the hair count and they told me that approximately 25% of my grafts were 3 hair follicles and based on that they gave a good estimate of my hair count. Most of my grafts were 1's and 2's.

I have to also say that those numbers really doesn't matter to me as long as the final result is good, which H&W have proven themselves over these many years.

KamCal

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog