Hairbank's pre-HT #3 pics - 1yr 4mo after HT #2

Okay - update........I'm DEFINITELY going in for my 3rd (and final :-)) HT. If Master Wong can pull 3000 + grafts out of my donor, I should end up with pretty much a fully restored look which is what I'm after. At 41 yrs old, having been a diffused NW 5 at age 38 before HT #1, I'm throwing "conservative" out the window.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to take any other before pics prior to my surgery, which has been scheduled for Thursday, April 24th..............BUT, I guarantee you I'll be documenting many pics the day of, and many days after surgery.

Many thanks to you all here who have followed my story over the years and for the wealth of valuable information and support I've received. I'm truly blessed to have the many friends I've gained here and hope to continue to support the site as much as time permits in the future.

Quite frankly - I'M PSYCHED!!!!

Here are pics before HT #3 w/ Dr. Wong. I haven't updated the pics since last summer, but actually think it's even matured and thickened a little. I've started styling my hair forward and like the coverage better.......except for the crown. Still not too bad but don't be deceived about crownwork............takes lots of grafts for anything close to a full look. I'll try to hightlight my plans for attack later with these pics. At present, I'm thinking of 1500 grafts for temple/widows peak/hairline work............1500-2000 grafts to dense up the frontal 1/3 and laterals/sides where hair parts..........then hopefully another 1500 to hit the crown again paying attention to the center of the swirl working out on the right side, and the equivalent area on the left so it's less see-through for each profile. Not concerned with the lower "U" thining on the back as Fin is helping some and with a little length it covers nicely.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

9641050223_C619201578FDE94E34C803499AA34B26.jpg.thumb 4741050223_72D41C1415278F21A7A4C9B60850EBBA.jpg.thumb 3741050223_94FED1E5EF378940B4847E735543A040.jpg.thumb 2741050223_30AC3BCD45D72DCFBB30AD1B7BB7BD1C.jpg.thumb 1741050223_06D979638AC9E13E1EA933F142F75580.jpg.thumb

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Okay - update........I'm DEFINITELY going in for my 3rd (and final :-)) HT. If Master Wong can pull 3000 + grafts out of my donor, I should end up with pretty much a fully restored look which is what I'm after. At 41 yrs old, having been a diffused NW 5 at age 38 before HT #1, I'm throwing "conservative" out the window.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to take any other before pics prior to my surgery, which has been scheduled for Thursday, April 24th..............BUT, I guarantee you I'll be documenting many pics the day of, and many days after surgery.

Many thanks to you all here who have followed my story over the years and for the wealth of valuable information and support I've received. I'm truly blessed to have the many friends I've gained here and hope to continue to support the site as much as time permits in the future.

Quite frankly - I'M PSYCHED!!!!

Here are pics before HT #3 w/ Dr. Wong. I haven't updated the pics since last summer, but actually think it's even matured and thickened a little. I've started styling my hair forward and like the coverage better.......except for the crown. Still not too bad but don't be deceived about crownwork............takes lots of grafts for anything close to a full look. I'll try to hightlight my plans for attack later with these pics. At present, I'm thinking of 1500 grafts for temple/widows peak/hairline work............1500-2000 grafts to dense up the frontal 1/3 and laterals/sides where hair parts..........then hopefully another 1500 to hit the crown again paying attention to the center of the swirl working out on the right side, and the equivalent area on the left so it's less see-through for each profile. Not concerned with the lower "U" thining on the back as Fin is helping some and with a little length it covers nicely.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

9641050223_C619201578FDE94E34C803499AA34B26.jpg.thumb 4741050223_72D41C1415278F21A7A4C9B60850EBBA.jpg.thumb 3741050223_94FED1E5EF378940B4847E735543A040.jpg.thumb 2741050223_30AC3BCD45D72DCFBB30AD1B7BB7BD1C.jpg.thumb 1741050223_06D979638AC9E13E1EA933F142F75580.jpg.thumb

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

I think your plan of attack sounds great. But based on your pictures, it looks like you might need a face transplant too? Or did you go to a special plastic surgery to get a large swirly nose? :P

Seriously bro...your results look great. I can only imagine how awesome you'll look after the third HT...swirly nose and all :P

Bill

Hairbank,

I like the plan. If the master Wong can pull it off I think that things will be near perfect. It certainly is a lot of graphs and you should be able to accomplish a lot with that many.

You definitely are going to have essentially a full head of hair again and will start to look like your high school days. The swirly nose thing is definitely an asset.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hairbank,

I think your plan sounds great and your updated pictures look great. Even if you didnt get another HT your results are very impressive. It gives people like me in the doldrums some hope! Looking forward to following your 3rd HT journey.

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Hairbank,

I wouldn't add anything to the swirl on your nose. hehehe

I think with 4500 additional grafts you will need to change your name from hairbank to hairmint! I really like the front and side profiles right now, can't wait to see with additional grats.

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

Hairbank, Those are some good pics in daylight, Looks good already!

You don't need good luck, you & the doc know what your are doing,

it's going to be awesome!

See you on the flip side.

I think it looks real good now and natural. I would wait and leave some hair in the bank. I would feel more confident knowing I could withdraw from it later if I needed to.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Hey,

Wait a minute ?? You guys don't like the nose?? Okay, maybe I can have Master Wong address it after he gives me more hair!!

Aq..........appreciate your concern, my brother, but at my age and given the fact that the majority of what I have is HT hair, I figure if I have the available donor I'm not going to lose much more so why not really go for it!

Here's a question for anyone who wants it................I'll shave down for the HT 'cause I think the benefits are far worth it. After HT #2, I came back to work from a 2 week "vacation" sporting a burr. Do you think I can pull that off again without suspicion, or, I have contemplated starting to clip down within the next few weeks, to like maybe to 1/2", then really go short a few days before leaving for HT #3...............kind of a diversion type of thing.

What do you think? No one other than family and a few close friends knows of my HT's and I want to keep it that way if possible.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hairbank, I would set up the Diversion & clip it down before leaving on vacation.

Get that part out of the way & you will raise less suspicion IMO.

Thanks for your input, folica.

Didn't know if anyone else had tried that or not?? Any other thoughts on this?? I'm still counting on keeping this to myself if I can.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

definitely clip down ahead of time .. If you don't people will examine your "new"haircut whereas they would be used to it if you have already done it

Your results lookl good! another 3k would do it !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

HB,

I think your new cut is really great and gives you a much better look. As far as your pre-op cut, I think leaving it as is may be a better approach. Get your hair buzzed after the staples come out.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

HB ;

At the risk of starting the western thing.... You are in your prime. Hold off as long as can. A chair will always be there .

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Hairbank,

I would clip down ahead of time (wait, maybe you already did?). I think it will help people get used to the difference ahead of time so they won't suspect anything when you see them next.

When I plan on getting a 4th HT with Hasson (yes, my friends, it WILL happen, but not for a few years), I will shave all the way down, whole head, revealing staples, scar, and all. It just keeps things neater and cleaner while everything is growing in. Besides, I can get away with wearing a hat at work icon_wink.gif.

Hair...I wish I was able to travel to Hasson and Wong when you were getting your surgery, so I could meet up with you, Joe, and the crew, to watch the hair transplant process from another point of view, and then to get some dinner together, etc.

Bill

Bill

Thanks, Bill.

As for the haircut, I haven't done it yet but am thinking I will at the least clip it to 1/2" all over, maybe 1/4". Funny thing..........when I have around 3/4"-1" length at the bottom part of the "smile/scar", there's a little cowlick from the hair growth through the scar........not really noticable to anyone but me I suppose and can be brushed out. However, I've gone down to 1/4" when clipping my hair in the back and you can't see the scar :^)...........cool!

Bill- wish you could be there, my friend. I'm actually going up a day early this time to meet up with Mike, Joe & hopefully Doug (haven't talked to him) and the rest of H/W's crew, and I think we're going to "paint the town" the night prior...........no drinks, mind you, I don't drink anyway so that's no big deal.

One caveat...........a really close friend of mine who's in his late 40's, NW 5 or 6 & has plenty of $$ (great donor hair) and has contemplated HT's for years is going to go with me. He's getting his HT with Dr. Hasson the same day I'm getting mine with Dr. Wong............we've been buddies for years and have such a great time together..........it's going fantastic to go through this with a friend! Of course, if you REALLY want to come up to Vancouver for #4 ahead of schedule you have an open invitation my friend!! Hopefully we'll hook up sometime later this year, bro!! Keep it in mind.

I'm psyched about being able to do an in-person consult with Master Wong this time and told Joe not to get too tired of my questions and following him around for part of the day. Hopefully they'll allow me to look in on a couple of sessions but I'm not sure of their policy and will abide by it no matter what.

I'm counting down the days...............

Aq- Hey, again, thanks for the concern but at my age and stage of loss, with plenty-o-donor, I'm gettin'r'done. Why not?? Most of what you see on top of my head now is HT hair anyway so I'm not too sure what I need to be concerned about?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 10 months later...

Bump -

See the original post..............I'm FINALLY going in for #3!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

hairbank,

In already having an amazing head of hair, a third hair transplant will really put you over the edge and leave most people (including me) with hair greed icon_smile.gif

What is your plan of attack in terms of placement and numbers?

It'll be exciting to follow your progress once again.

Bill

Congrats on your decision! I think it is a sound one, and one that I would prolly' make, as well. You are really going to be a hairy-SOB....icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hairbank,

Yeah, you should be Psyched...quite frankly! I just finished going through your history (getting caught up on my HT reading, if ya' know what I mean) and your results really are compelling. I think diffuse thinners are probably the toughest and your history is a real showcase. Your strategy for what will hopefully be your last session with The Master sounds right on. As far as haircut advice, that's a tough one as it's such a personal decision. I walked around with a head full of scabs after my procedures not giving my hair length a second thought. The decision to "come clean" with everyone that I knew after about 25 years of hiding was what worked for me. The Congratulations on what will undoubtedly complete the transition from bald to non bald. I look forward to following your progress.

UNC

P.S. Bill, your future plan of shaving down and walking around with the staples exposed is very "Jotronic" ...BEEOOTIFUL!

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Thanks for the replys guys!

Bill - Depends on what Master Wong can harvest. From what I've been told after HT #2, I think I still have substantial donor left........If I were to guess I'm betting he'll harvest between 3000-3500 somewhere. My thought process is this:

1) Hairline/temple work -I've never had any.....hoping for around 1500 for this. My hairline is around 7cm, but was 6cm when native so I'm not really looking to lower much, maybe a tad, then dense into the widow's peaks and rebuild temple points.

2) Crownwork - finish the crown - again, probably 1000-1500 here and will go a little lower in the back and also focus more on right/left side of crown rather than immediate back - Fin has been helping me hold my own and I've not receded further

3) Density on top - whatever else 500-1000, will be thrown in to dense-up frontal 1/3 and midscalp although I'm not too unhappy as is.

Balody - Thanks for the vote of confidence. I figure at my age, 41, I've got the donor and would like it to look as good as it can..........sort of like painting a house 3/4 of the way and leaving it ;-)........personal choice I guess!

thana - I can only "hope" to be a hairy SOB when complete.......we can't all be like Bill, ya know!!

uncjim - my fellow brother from the school of Master Wong - thanks for the note, my friend. Yes, diffused is a different approach, I agree. I sort of fell into my plan of attack but it actually has probably turned out for the best. I've managed to be gone from work for 15 days, am clipping down to 1/4" before I go back and if any scar trouble bought some dermmatch just in case :-). I think I'll be able to pull it off but we'll see!

Wish I had the guts to shave down staples and all, then go workout at the gym or somethin! ;-) I guess I could just say "had brain surgery, can't ya tell?"

Peace -

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog