Thailand HT - before

by looking at your pics, I would wait on getting a HT right now; I would get on propecia and wait a few years; you still have a lot of hair; the combination of propecia and rogaine foam may work in regrowing some hair since you have diffuse lose--I think you are a perfect candidate for the propecia/rogaine combo;

Thanks for your feedback. I am taking proscar at the moment, I didn't think rogaine would make a difference because my hairloss is at the front of my hairline. I will try it though. Thanks again.

I asked that question before i read your ht thread. I really hope it turns out well man.

Ht's are WAY overpriced. Now i know some guys will start up saying blablabla take into account this and that,but we all know it's taking advantage of someones misery. Ht's could cost half as much and the Doctors would still have plenty of Sports Car/Mansion/Vacation money icon_smile.gif

D-- what is the total amount of money you are spending on your Ht?

Number of grafts, round-trip airfare, hotel, etc...

If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Thanks,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by vincehair:

I asked that question before i read your ht thread. I really hope it turns out well man.

Ht's are WAY overpriced. Now i know some guys will start up saying blablabla take into account this and that,but we all know it's taking advantage of someones misery. Ht's could cost half as much and the Doctors would still have plenty of Sports Car/Mansion/Vacation money icon_smile.gif

Gotta agree with u on the price of surgery.

Im pretty sure the patient advocates on here will say taking into account skill,time,techs,overheads etc ,it is good value for money, when u break a surgery down into its individual parts.

I often hear PLAN for future surgery requirements ,all very well n good if your a single fella with no family commitments.

I wonder how many have undergone procedures and basically lumbered them selves with a substantial debt at the end of the day,many of whom i would imagine post on here.

Its a shame the cost is not more accessible to the more average Joe where there most certainly would await a vast untapped source of business to the clinics willing to lower rates..

I feel sorry for a young person who allows $$$ to dictate where they get their HT. Thats really rolling the dice. Sometimes, more often than not, its true, you get what you pay for. There are exceptions, of course. I dont know of any surgeons in Thailand so going to this country for work sounds dicey, especially with the hair that you have.

You might consider not doing anything until you know what you are doing

• 1 month later...

Yes, I must agree that price is an issue but you could have a HT that you are not happy with and then have to spend more money to get it corrected!

I went to a HT Clinic in the UK and had micrografts placed in the hairline which now need correcting costing me more money!

I chose the Clinic purely on price, the surgery convinced me I was getting a good deal but now 18 months later it is evident that I got conned; I got less grafts than stated in the consultation.

Be patient and choose a top coalition doc!

I am going to have work performed By Dr Hasson in December 2008, so will post pics on this site!

Originally posted by wylie:

I feel sorry for a young person who allows $$$ to dictate where they get their HT. Thats really rolling the dice. Sometimes, more often than not, its true, you get what you pay for. There are exceptions, of course. I dont know of any surgeons in Thailand so going to this country for work sounds dicey, especially with the hair that you have.

You might consider not doing anything until you know what you are doing

These are words to the wise buddy. If cost is a factor right now, then I wouldn't go ahead with it. I did it, and regret it. I've done my research now and am basically forced to have surgery done AGAIN to correct it when I would be a happy bald dude at this time.

When you're younger (early 20's) hair loss impacts you the most. It's the hardest time in your life to deal with it. I'm not saying don't get a HT but wait. I'm only 31 so it's not to say just go bald and be happy but do your research and don't let money dictate what you do. Do it right, or don't do it at all, I say. You're going to have it for the rest of your life. Think about that.

Best of luck whatever you decide, bro.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey man!

how'd your transplant go? i also had a ht about 3 mths ago in thailand. i'm living in singapore and thailand is probably the closest place to go with the best doctors in this part of the world. i see you're from Oz as well, but I'm not sure what the doctors are like down there.

i had my ht with dr. damkern pathomvanich. i'm curious to know how it went for you with your doctor though.

cheers.

• 3 years later...