Additional Forums? Member Suggestions Wanted

Dear forum members,

I am toying with the idea of creating additional forum sections however, I'm not sure how beneficial it would be. Do you like the current structure of our forums or do you feel additional sections should be added? If so, how beneficial would it be?

Currently we have sections broken down by

1. Surgical Hair Restoration

A. Welcome! Click here to learn how to Post!

B. Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

C. Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

D. Hair Transplant Patient Photo Albums

E. Open Hair Loss Topics

F. Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics

2. Non Surgical Treatments for Baldness

A. Hair Loss Drugs

B. Shampoos, sprays, and concealors

C. Hair Systems

D. Herbal hair loss remedies

E. Future Medical treatments

3. Issues Not Related to Hair Loss

A. Cosmetic Surgery Not Hair Loss Related

B. Physical Fitness Issues

C. Off-Topic Posts (notgoing2gobald's favorite) icon_biggrin.gif

Clearly we want to keep things organized so that forum members can find what they are looking for relatively easily by appropriate topics.

The two forums I am currently considering are

1. Hair Transplant Repair Patient Photo Albums (thanks to Richie48 suggesting this on another thread)

2. Low Level Laser Hair Treatment, since there really is no designated section to this.

Your input on these and potential other forums is appreciated.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear forum members,

I am toying with the idea of creating additional forum sections however, I'm not sure how beneficial it would be. Do you like the current structure of our forums or do you feel additional sections should be added? If so, how beneficial would it be?

Currently we have sections broken down by

1. Surgical Hair Restoration

A. Welcome! Click here to learn how to Post!

B. Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

C. Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

D. Hair Transplant Patient Photo Albums

E. Open Hair Loss Topics

F. Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics

2. Non Surgical Treatments for Baldness

A. Hair Loss Drugs

B. Shampoos, sprays, and concealors

C. Hair Systems

D. Herbal hair loss remedies

E. Future Medical treatments

3. Issues Not Related to Hair Loss

A. Cosmetic Surgery Not Hair Loss Related

B. Physical Fitness Issues

C. Off-Topic Posts (notgoing2gobald's favorite) icon_biggrin.gif

Clearly we want to keep things organized so that forum members can find what they are looking for relatively easily by appropriate topics.

The two forums I am currently considering are

1. Hair Transplant Repair Patient Photo Albums (thanks to Richie48 suggesting this on another thread)

2. Low Level Laser Hair Treatment, since there really is no designated section to this.

Your input on these and potential other forums is appreciated.

Best wishes,

Bill

alba section,before ng2gb says it icon_biggrin.gif

seriously,what about hairloss heroes?guys or girls,famous or not, who have inspired us to be bald and proud or do something about it.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I like separating the 'Repair Work' or some similar category.

Also, how about one dealing with 'Emotional Issues w/ Losing Your Hair' as it often pops up. Maybe we would attract a resident psychologist, perhaps a thinning one, one of these days.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I like "repair", "hairloss heroes", and "emotional issues" concepts. The lattermost would get the most play in terms of discussion topics and posts; the other two would be valuable to have for categorizing two issues that no doubt would interest people (especially prospective members/HT researchers).

All three could be assets in my opinion.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

How about:

---"THE MOP OF THE MONTH AWARD"...

---"BALD-PRIDE EVENTS OF THE MONTH"...

---"PAY-PAL LINK TO HELP FUND YOUR LOCAL BALD-PRIDE SPONSER"...

---"(800) BALD SUPPORT HOTLINE..."

---"(900) FILTHY FOLLICULAR TALK (where hair greed & graft glutton's can bloaviate their fantasies)"....

---"HELP GET UR LOCAL BALD DUDE LAID"...

---"JERRY'S WIGS: A FUND RAISER, TRANSPLANTS FOR THE POOR"...

---"'HAIR! UGHHH...WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? A'ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN'!!A'SAY IT AGAIN!'...A LOOK INTO OUR NEED, IS IT REALLY A WORTHY CAUSE?"...

---"ALCOPECIAPHOBIA---THE RARE BUT REAL PHENOMENA OF THE FEAR OF THE BALD MAN"...

---"SKIN: THE NEW HIT SERIES IS A PROFILE & SKETCH, CONSIDERING A DEEPER LOOK INTO THE BALD CULTURE"...

---"'TO BALD OR NOT TO BALD'; THE NEW BALD MANS MANUAL; A MUST HAVE FOR ALL BEGGINING BALDERS..."

---"BALD ART; PLAYS & THEATRICAL REVIEWS OF THE GREAT BALD ARTISTS OF OUR TIME (ughum...NG2GB)"...

---"BALD SURVIVOR: A BALD MAN IS TRAPPED ON AN ISLAND W/ TEN MEN W/MONDO MOXY MOPS GIVEN ONLY TWO ITEMS: A KNIFE & A WIG... AND WE WATCH HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR HIM TO EITHER SCALP THE MEN OR WEAR THE WIG"...

---"THE BALD BOYS NEXT DOOR: THREE YOUNG BALD DUDE'S LIVE W/A RICH, FAMOUS OLD LADY IN HOPES SHE WILL PAY FOR THEIR 'AUGMENTATIONS'"...

---"WIG OF FORTUNE: A GAME SHOW WHERE CONTESTANTS COMPETE OVER THEIR KNOWLEDGE ON BALDING TRIVIA"...

---"HAIR HOOOOTERS: A RESTERUANT WHERE SCANTIALLY DRESSED MEN W/HAIR-BOOBS SERVE YOU BUFFALO WINGS 'N BEER"... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

---"PIMP MY WIG: A SERIES WHERE CONTESTANTS GET AN ALL EXPENSE (PAID BY PAT) AUGMENTATION"...

---"SAW VII: A LOOK AT THE VICTIMS OF UK HT'S"...

Repair Work for sure.

Anyone think it would be beneficial to have something for guys that are almost at their wits end? I know it is rare or might not always seem appropriate, but I know there were days when all this started for me that I felt like I had no one to talk to, nowhere to run.

NG - icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif,

I love your posts, keep up the spirit. You should write for Jay Leno man!

Seriously, good idea for "repair only" section or even "scar only" section.

Maybe latest articles from our Coalition Docs.

Maybe Doctors only posts forum.

NoBuzz

Thanks for all of your input so far. Keep it coming.

I've thought about a "doctor's only" type forum, but after seeing this concept causing some problems at Hair Loss Help, I'm not sure I want to do this. I do however, like the idea of obtaining articles on hot topic issues from our recommended and Coalition physicians. In fact, many of their thoughts can be found on our hair loss Q&A blog, and if you click on each physician profile, on the bottom left hand side, there is a link to their blogs. Some contributors include Dr. Feller, Dr. Hasson, Dr. Beehner, Dr. Siporin, Dr. Lindsey, Dr. Mejia, Dr. Keene, etc. Some articles were submitted to me and others I pulled off the forum directly.

I do like the idea of something like "Hair Loss Stories and its Emotional Impact" as a possible forum.

The "heros" idea is pretty good too, but aren't all who restore their hair heros? I don't know if I'd want to have a separate forum for that since in my eyes, every single balding man or woman who goes through this journey, to me, is a hero. But I'm not closed to the idea.

notgoing2gobald....did you eat paint chips when you were a kid? icon_razz.gif. That was some funny stuff!

Keep up the suggestions....great ones so far.

Bill

How about a NG2GB section? It could be filled with stories of Jessica, strippers, drinking, partying,.....

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Bill,

I really like the "To bald or not to bald" a forum (maybe have the polling option available) where those who are contemplating a hair transplant can post pictures and ask for members thought about whether to or not to have a HT, how many grafts they will potentially need, etc.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

How about a NG2GB section? It could be filled with stories of Jessica, strippers, drinking, partying,.....

can I set up a pay pal link for a fund raiser? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

"notgoing2gobald....did you eat paint chips when you were a kid"...

Naaaah, just a steady diet of: animal crackers, mac 'N cheese, and new castles! icon_razz.gif

Bill, often you post articles and/or interviews from docs, which are really insightul. Can you make a forum for lazy, glutuonness, inept people such as myself where they can all be accessed w/the ease of one click; and it's really obvious where they are, as in a title like:

SMART DOC OPINIONS AND INSIGHTS FOUND HERE

actually on the FORUM section? That would be cool!

I like the complete doc section too; or speaking of *complete* what if Bill (here you can earn your keep! icon_smile.gificon_razz.gif ) compiles certain "best of" forms of the most popular topics, which many of us have tried to do in the past, as in:

PROPECIA POLLS---which have various posts from various threads, but are all compiled in one conclusive thread? That would be really useful...

"TO BALD OR NOT TO BALD"...kinda a joke, but that would be a cool section as it *is* a huge decision...

"WHAT FACTORS CONTRIBUTE TO POOR HT"...while this one would catch some heat, I would like to hear more answers to underlying questions such as physiological factors and how rare it is for grafts to "not take" and the causal factors contributing to this? Maybe even a POLL among transparent docs (feller comes to mind)(?)...

FUN STUFF---

how about, rather than the vague and less than motivating titles such as "Veteran Real Hair;" "Hard Core Member; " etc, etc....instead, what if we all start out w/a lil NW diagram...at your first post your a full fledged NW7, by your 300th you achieve NW6...700 NW5...etc,....hey, and somewhere in the interim you get a script for fin!!!! Better yet! at the begening you start out w/a Botched Bosley job, and have doll plugs....then later get them excised! And by your 4K post your sporting an Elvie Moxy Million Dollar Mop, a la 20K grafts from Hasson?!?!?!?!?

and if somebody slacks in there posting, like if I don't post for like 5 minutes for example ( icon_rolleyes.gif) then in their signitare it states their experiencing sides from the fin...."NG2GB is currently suffering from linguini limp noodle, lack of libido, and even if he could bring himself to orgasm, you could find more liquid in the Mohavi dessert"....there could even be a lil diagram depicting the sides that are taking place.... icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Great ideas so far everyone - keep them coming.

NG2GB,

I think if I do ever create a "NotGoing2GoBald" forum, I will take you up on your many creative ideas icon_razz.gif.

I do however, really like your idea of pinning a thread that links to some of the most popular and controversial topics on the forum.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a "coping with self image: kind of psychological help and coping with self perception issues. I think we should do some internal transplantation, first; since there seem to be a lot more issues that precede and accompany the surgery, recovery, and self esteem issues.

Anyone for aromatherapy? (That's a joke).

Thanks for the input guys. This discussion has not been forgotten, but has only temporarily been put on hold as we consider and get more feedback. So far, we are strongly considering a repair section and an emotional impact section.

Stay tuned!

In the meantime, any other additional suggests are certainly welcome and helpful.

Best wishes,

Bill

1. Reality of Hair Transplants. You could call it the 'Spex' Forum to save time.

A forum where you can gently but firmly give people the low down on results, costs , number of transplants etc. A lot of people are afraid and while this site is incredible with its support a little dose of reality concentrated in one forum would be most helpful. Always telling people what they want to hear can be harmful.

2. The Compulsive poster/Anal retentive Forum.

For those select few who have no sense of humor, take themselves way too seriously and feel the need to comment on every single post, whether they know what the hell they are talking about or not.

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi folks,

I'd like to see a section for statistics such as:

- Coalition Dr's percentages of procedure sizes (200 procedures, 100 6000+ grafts, 50 4000 grafts, 50 2500 grafts, etc)

- Percentage of growth (ie 200 procedures- 30 with 100% growth, 120 with 95% growth 40 with 80-95% growth 10 with less than 80%)

And whatever other stats help keep procedures/results in perspective. I think this will help potential/current patient's expectations in check with regards to the results that can be expected.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

• 4 weeks later...

Dear forum members,

In response to your terrific suggestions, we have decided to create a new forum "Suppor Group - Discuss personal issues due to Hair Loss to give members a specific place to interact with other members on a more personal level.

On this new forum you can interact with other hair loss sufferers by sharing your hair loss experiences and how it has impacted you. Relate to others on more personally and offer and receive helpful support in this forum.

Before creating any additional forums, we will monitor to see how this one goes and the consider other suggestsions as well.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Best wishes,

Bill