One year update

Gorpy

Hello all. Here is a picture of my hair at 1yr. This shows my hair parted down the middle. What do you think of my density?

1yr_center1.jpg.92927bf3f792f232fe616d1a4e950d93.jpg

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Hello all. Here is a picture of my hair at 1yr. This shows my hair parted down the middle. What do you think of my density?

I'd need to see some before pics to which to compare this.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

I don't have any before pics with my hair parted like this. But here are my other before pics. I didn't have much up there.

I think my overall density in this area is over 40 per/cm2, but my hair is pretty fine so it doesn't provide great coverage.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

I think my overall density in this area is over 40 per/cm2, but my hair is pretty fine so it doesn't provide great coverage.

Hi Gorpy,

unless you have a small head I don't think that 2700 grafts can cover that much at 40/cm2. I am comparing my graft #s with my area covered at about 50/cm2 so I could be wrong.

Regardless, your results look great and very natural.

First off, and perhaps most importantly, your hair looks 100% natural. Dr. Keene seems to make extraordinarily natural hairlines. The density is not overwhelming. The grafts were spread over a fairly large area and she seems to have placed a bunch in the temple region. (You also have posted no profile pics from the surgery or after, so I cannot tell exactly what she did on the sides/temples.)

It may require another surgery to enhance the density. Are you considering that?

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Thanks Bushy. The reason I said 40 per/cm2 "in that area" (the center area), is because I had some hair there before. Not much but some. And looking at it, I think I kept that hair and/or maybe fin added some. It looks fairly dense, but thin hair caliber. The transplant was basically 30 per over 90 cm2.

I am considering some enhancement for density.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Hi Gorpy Uncle,

Your hair looks amazing. In sixties you have this much of density and and an attractive hairline. I don't think you need any more density or another procedure. your hair looks excellent.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Thanks Jagdish,

I'm only in my 50's but whose counting icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the compliment. Overall I think it looks very good. But hair greed is a reality and we all want MORE!!!

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 3 months later...

Gorpy, was shockloss a concern for you at all?

I'm planning to get a hair transplant late this year, but I have hair all over my head. My hair is also fine, and I'm very scared of getting my third transplant (I had 2 already).

I'm very afraid of shockloss at this point.

Originally posted by vinto:

Gorpy, was shockloss a concern for you at all?

I'm planning to get a hair transplant late this year, but I have hair all over my head. My hair is also fine, and I'm very scared of getting my third transplant (I had 2 already).

I'm very afraid of shockloss at this point.

I was under the impression that transplanted hair, from older procedures can be shocked out, but it will more than likely grow back.

It's the native, non-transplanted hair that if shocked out, probably won't return.

That's what I think, but someone can correct me if I'm off-base.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Vinto,

Shockloss was a concern, and I had quite a bit, but it was only temporary. I think most of my shocked out hair grew back. It's always tough to know what will happen. I understand your concern.

Dhuge,

You are correct. Any shocked out transplanted hair should be only temporary. That assumes you go to a quality physician that won't transect your existing roots. Native hair that is on its way to falling out could be permanently lost.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Thanks. It does look extremely natural. But it is a little thin.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

...keep it under control. You still need to look as you are thinning for the best appearance IMO. Maybe add only 10-15 more /cm2...

In my opinion, if Gorpy has the donor hair, he should carefully think about this and try to get the coverage that will allow him serious piece of mind for the future. I'm a greedy bastard when it comes to my hairline and, luckily, I had the donor hair available to give me a really nice hairline (although it could have been even better if I went to a Coalition doctor). And I still have plenty left if I decide to have Dr. Feller touch it up in the near future.

I know that many of you will probably disagree with the following: When I see hairlines like Patrick Dempsey, Brad Pitt, etc., I feel that if they can have hairlines like that and still look natural, then anyone who has the donor hair available and has been given the green light by a Coalition doctor should be able to do the same.

Once again, this is all just my opinion.

Thanks Kamin,

While a Brad Pitt look would be interesting, I prefer the Harrison Ford look icon_wink.gif

In all seriousness, a small second pass offers the oppportunity to add more refinement in the right places. There is always room for that.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Thanks Bill,

It's easy for people to look at me and say "Oh, you're a 50 year old geezer. It looks natural for you." In some ways I agree. I've gone from a balding man to a naturally thinning man. I'm very pleased with my new hair in terms of its naturalness and placement. At the same time, another 10 to 15 per cm2 would still look very natural and frankly, still not very thick (Virgins don't understand what a transplant does in terms of density). But I like Dr. Keene's placement skill and I think another small procedure would look very nice.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Gorpy,

First - just wanted to say a big thanks to you for the documentation of your journey and what you've given back, my friend!

I really think your HT looks great. Yes, maybe a little thin but the hairline is nice and natural-looking and blends with what you had very naturally. You're in a great situation..............if you're content with what you have...cool icon_cool.gif, if not, and you have the donor and can afford to make another pass and add density, you're in a perfect position to do so..............totally your call!!

Hair greed can get the better of each of us. I need to post some updates but I'm likely in a similar position with the need for possibly a little more density in the front................who knows?? icon_confused.gif

Let me know where you land, Gorpy!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for the outstanding support. Bank, I tend to take the position you mentioned - I am in a good spot. I have my full crown, extra donar hair and a knowledge of what I want (now based on experience). Using the term hair greed is almost too harsh for what I want, although I know we all toss the term around in fun.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Gorp

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album