does this look good?

Guest josh - b

Guest josh - b

Hi everyone,

I'm going for my first ht early in the new year. I'm a norwood 3 and looking to restore my hairline. I'm looking at a couple of doctors and would like peoples opinions on the work performed in the picture.

Theres plenty of pics on this particular doctors website but i've plucked this as a good example.

To the seasoned experts here...does this look good, refined etc?

After_Hair_Transplant_B.jpg.0fd64a7e2a04a050d559b49036a8a88a.jpg

Guest josh - b

Hi everyone,

I'm going for my first ht early in the new year. I'm a norwood 3 and looking to restore my hairline. I'm looking at a couple of doctors and would like peoples opinions on the work performed in the picture.

Theres plenty of pics on this particular doctors website but i've plucked this as a good example.

IMO, the actually area where the grafts were placed appears to be clean work, but it is kindo of hard to tell from the picture; however, the patient has a lot of area with thinning behind the frontal zone that should have been addressed; IMO this patient should have had a larger session to cover more of the frontal 1/3 instead of just the frontal zone; maybe that patient is going to come back in a year for another session or hope propecia helps in that area--I don't know the details of that particular case; IMO this person would have been ideal for a mega-session and maybe "one and done"; he will most likely need/want another surgery to address the mid-scalp area

Work looks good from here..

Agreed, without details it's tough to make a call but it looks ok thus far

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by josh - b:

Hi everyone,

Looks good to me. Are there any grown out pictures too?

Originally posted by josh - b:

Yes and no. It looks clean but unless the guy has another procedure scheduled pretty soon he's screwed. The native forelock is extremely weak and the pattern that was transplanted is going to look brutally un-natural when it grows in and the native hair behind it disappears.

Spoon is dead on---- the surrounding density will be greater than the forelock and frontal core--- I do not understand the reasoning behind this---- why was the transplant performed in this manner?

The work looks good from what I can see-- but I really cannot tell without better pics.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Actually, there is a grown-out pic on the docs website and the density looks even.

The doc is located in Thailand and his prices are. . . Well, lets just say I kinda wish I hadn't found his website! His results look good but with all the unknowns it seems risky. Not sure Id be comfortable working with a doc who is that far away.

Originally posted by TheEmperor:

Actually, there is a grown-out pic on the docs website and the density looks even.

It may look even in a post op pic but that's really not relevant. The main thing to realize is that the transplanted hair is never going to move or thin out whereas it is very clear from the pic that the rest of the forelock area is going to vanish. So even if it looks okay right now, it's going to look bad some time in the near future unless he has more work done. The good news is that it's easy to fix, as long as you accept the idea that an additional surgery is "easy" .. which it isn't!

Guest josh - b

Here is the after pic.

I can only think that the patient is planning a second procedure for the crown and middle.

The doctors name is dr suradej and his clinic is the thailand hair clinic.

I know he trained under dr pathomvanich who is highly regarded.

If anybody has the time to check out his website and tell me what u think then i would greatly appreciate it.

I'm moving from austalia back to europe and will be spending 2 months in thailand so its ideal downtime.

After_Hair_Transplant_H.jpg.37a14d68d18fad7cf7e67f2ef392b3c5.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMO it was a significant mistake to not shave off the middle zone and do a HT in that area. It is already significantly thin.

I hope im wrong, but your doctor is angling for another procedure.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants