Dr Cole opinions

moldilocks

Ok, I've been an avid reader of these forums and this great site for a long time now and I think we can all agree that this is a pro strip site.

As I occasionally do, have visited forhair.com, Dr.Coles site today and of course read all the anti strip opinions on there

Would be interested to know from people on here...What are your feeling about Dr.Cole and his CIT(fue) methods/results either from experience or hearsay?

I've read a lot of anti Armani stuff on here regarding fue and its graft yield( due to lack of physical proof of the success of fue megasessions) but Cole does seem to be a leading practitioner of this method as well as seemingly devoting a lot of time to research and advancing ht technology.How good do you think he is?

I've seen some good work out of Cole. That said, I haven't seen nearly enough to combat the lack of transparency and degree of "controversy" associated w/ him that would make me feel anywhere near comfortable in going to him. Of course, some feel different; and I would hope that those that do have taken the time to survey enough information to come to their conclusion.

Specifically, I've heard people complain about a lack of patient care; poor consistency relating to poor attention to patient; little transparency in what FUE tools he uses; excessive scarring due to said tools (e.g. 1+mm punches); and, to top it off, there are multiple people who'v been embroiled in serious disputes with him...both patients and employees alike. Run some Google searches and searches on various hairloss sites (here, hairlosshelp, et. al.)for more info.

That said, I'll say again, I've seen some very good results from Cole, and it isn't a cut and dry issue of him being some atrocious HT surgeon w/ no skill and ability. Also, I haven't really researched him for many'a'month so, perhaps, things have changed for him.

Also, I *love* FUE and am enamored by its potential -- and the nanosecond I think it is optimal for me, or anyone else, I would encourage it. My opinion of Cole and trust of him goes beyond whether he happens to be doing FUE or strip -- the one FUE-specific concern is his punch sizing, the rest is irregardless of FUE/strip.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Moldilocks (I love that handle by the way),

This is not a pro "strip" site. There are more FUE doctors posting their results on this site than on just about any other.

However, this site does not tolerate FUE hype by doctors or their shills in an effort to mislead the public.

Until megaFUE doctors can produce a consistent stream of solid results as good as strip, MegaFUE will remain in the place it belongs-as an adjunct to strip surgery in most patients.

This site regards the virtue of transparency very highly. It is one of the pillars upon which doctors are selected for recommendation. Physicians who refuse transparency are frowned upon and rightfully so.

MegaFUE procedures CAN have impressive results. Unfortunately such results are few and far between. When discussing the few "successes" one must wonder what price was paid in donor area to achieve that success because NO megaFUE doctor will record and report the ratio of "attempted extractions to successful ones". Anyone who claims or implies a 100% ratio is simply lying- but not surprisingly it is these same practitioners who refuse to be transparent.

Dr Cole is the #1 prick of the popular docs.

I say this from experience.

Hes fallen down the list of fue docs quicker then Janet Jacksons bra at the Super Bowl.

His work is decent but hasnt seemed to evolve much in the last few years.

Hes had problems on every single forum including the only one he posts on now ,HIS OWN!

Please Grow Please;

I think you had a spelling error do you mean to say pick and not prick??? icon_wink.gif

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I'm neither a financial person nor an attorney, but I'd direct one's attention to the "3. PAYMENT" section of this page on Dr. Cole's website:

http://www.forhair.com/Financial_Information_form.htm

Requiring the entire cost of the procedure 21 days in advance? Is this common? Is it even legal, for that matter? I have never heard of a doctor being paid in full, up front. For that matter, the guy who remodeled my family room didn't get paid until the job was done. And more pertinent -- when Dr. Feller performed each of my procedures, he didn't accept payment until I was leaving the office after they were complete, for the fairly simple reason that only then did he know exactly how many grafts the procedure entailed.

Dr. Cole's skill as a surgeon aside, this looks suspect.

Benjamin

He seems to really push the FIT procedure ... as if he came up with it ... as though it were only way to go. he also doesn't seem to understand the benefits of trico closure, or else he just denies them so he can push "his" FIT.

His posts also strike me as juvenile and hardly professional. I can see why he and rose parted ways. Does Rassman associate with cole anymore? Hmm.

He's not an innovator. He rarely publishes. He may be a good doctor at the end of the day, but his ethics strike me questionable.

whenever he's challenged on his claims about the trico closure, he mysteriously disappears.

He also talks bad about Pat on other forums. He claims the coalition docs aren't any better than bosley docs; they just pay pat. whether they pat or not, the docs on recommended here are innovators and excellent.

--

2200 fu's from Dr Paul Rose

propecia

My Hair Loss WebLog